Gangplank Questions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jazman84

07-18-2011

After soloqueuing Garen in TT, ripping it up and subsequently grouping and continuing to own with a Gangplank and TF, I have decided to buy GP.

However, I have a few questions.

Parrrley: Is it best to time my Raise Moral ability immediately after the Parrrley shot? Therefore it will be ready that 1 sec sooner?

Is Manamune a good investment? Obviously going: Pendant -> Tear -> Boots -> Brutalizer & IE, order depending on farm -> Manamune.

Anyone have any general tips on succeeding on him?

Thanks

MrBlackPanda

07-18-2011

I main gangplank, i dont normally play on TT though.

i tend to not use my Raise Morale unless i am trying to get somewhere or are going to fight somebody close up. I wouldnt use it unless your gonna fight them, not just harras with parley.

I never get manumane and particuarly when i see a manamune on enemy gp, i laugh and prepare to own them

Just go for crit and after around 80+ crit go for a BT, Atmas is always a good investment with the extra damage + 18% crit. PD=30 or so crit, Inf 30 or so Runes 10-20% if you have them thats enough.

Also enemy gangplanks never get a Trinity Force when i always build it 3rd or 2nd after inf edge and PD
Trinity force stacks with parley so you can hit hard with not too many items

IE: PD Inf edge Tri force = 700+ crits

Jazman84

07-18-2011

Thanks

How is the best way to use TF?? Does it proc on RM?? So would I use RM then Parrrley for a nice burst?? Or simply Parrrley then auto attack?

Sezmu

07-18-2011

RM then Parrley if using TF

Umezete

07-18-2011

If you want damage and mana grab a sheen, parley provides sheen's bonus damage to itself making sheen one of the cheapest options to boost you're firepower.

MrBlackPanda

07-18-2011

I think you think that it procs tri force, i meant that it uuuh.

Say you are standing there not doing anything with a tri force, You parley, It activates as you use it, when it lands applies on hit effects-> tri force + parley damage at the same time.

Osloardin

07-18-2011

Click your enemys and spam your q u win. thats gp's whole lanining phase.

Jazman84

07-18-2011

Good item order? 1st item etc??

Jazman84

07-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
for TT, or SR?
And/or please

Jazman84

07-19-2011

Had my 1st positive GP PvP game last night 17-14-17. He is a funny champ to get used to because you are always on the melee-range tightrope.

Game was a long one, we had 5 turrets left overall, losing the mid inhib turret and inhib when we won.

One thing that I need to get used to is the lack of a dash. I found myself being unsure of when to engage due to his lack of mobility. In an attempt to counter this I got Boots 3 and Triforce starting with Sheen for the proc and Zeal next for the speed. It was cool for most of the mid-game, however they wised up and I was pretty much stuck only using Parrley to do dmg, granted by this stage I had an IE, TF, Madred's and Atma's so I could pretty much 1/2 shot their squishy's with 1 Parrrley. And poke their Tankier guys to death or submission with it too.

Thing is though, I feel like I should be meleeing alot more because only Parrrley'n at max range is a massive amount of lost dmg if I am not. How should I look at getting in melee range without being blown to bits? Just get tankier? More movespeed through some Phantom Dancers? Or is this just how GP is late game??