Too much pressure with new champs!! Am I a forever Gragas/Mundo LOSER??

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drimascus

04-24-2010

Wat? You can't play Ashe? Uninstalling the game might help.

yakbutter

04-24-2010

I haven't tried Ashe actually.. I've always wanted to, but she seems like one of the most high pressure champs out there, everyone looking at you to go mid and gank people at lvl 6!!! Then if you don't get kills, oh man you are in for it So maybe I can play Ashe, but I have yet to try!! I kind of wish there were more monster/ogre/drunk/fat/slob characters, they appeal to me most.. If I have a bad game I can just start roleplaying Mundo in chat and everyone will start laughing and forget about being so stressed about losing a match... but I'll admit that Ashe arrow ULT looks like fun. So does Ezreal ult.. but he is a blonde haired little sissy

Wu Thuong

04-24-2010

it might be useful to look at different guides before trying a new champ. you know, just to see what different builds are possible.
After that just get some buddies in a practice game and try to play him. After some games you will be able to pull off some nice tricks with him. Just make sure not to get discouraged by noobs flaming you. If they say "ashe you ****in suck!", just ignore it... if they say "come on ashe, dont focus the tank", that might be true.

KeVoN xD

04-24-2010

Practice game

STOP TRYING A CHAMP IN NORMAL GAMES

Orphan Feast

04-24-2010

There's a lesson to be learned here. When you suck at something, quit.

mullidae

04-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakbutter View Post
how do you get started without making your entire team angry?? I guess I might just have to face the fact that I'll be playing Mundo for the rest of my life..
step one: bash bots
step two: Forum check for builds
step three: Practice games vs other players
step four: repeat 1-3 until comfortable
step five: normal games

mullidae

04-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakbutter View Post
I kind of wish there were more monster/ogre/drunk/fat/slob characters, they appeal to me most.. If I have a bad game I can just start roleplaying Mundo in chat and everyone will start laughing and forget about being so stressed about losing a match...
what appeals to you most about these sorts of characters? is it playstyle related, or just a matter of them seeming interesting as characters?

I'd suggest you just try everyone in practice, and see who you enjoy. remember having fun is drastically more important than anything else, since this IS a game and all. for example, I love Janna. if I break it down, i'm basically stay close to 1/1 K/D, but i get about 5 assists per death with her. I figure, I have fun, and I i help my team. that's good enough.

Azghyn Nite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-24-2010

Teemo and Veigar are pretty big. Almsot as big as gragas(JK)

Cho'gath turns into a guy who blocks anything..

yakbutter

04-24-2010

I really like Veigar as a character, but I'm sad the way he plays, and his abilities, he seems like he could be so much cooler. That spell he casts where the meteor or whatever falls out of the sky is totally busted imo, I never get hit by that thing, can't imagine actually hitting someone with it. But I love his style as a champ. Do you guys think LoL would be better if they let us customize our champs, what they look like, their size, etc, and then pick out the abilities from sets? So I can look like Mundo, like I want to, but instead of always playing like Mundo, I can play him as a wizard, or an Ashe, etc? Lots of these champs just aren't very appealing.. too many humanoids, not enough weird monsters!

mullidae

04-24-2010

that would definitely be interesting, but it would totally throw out the balance of things. even in games like WOW, where you can have totally different armor/race than the next guy, you're class, and therefore skillset is pretty set. Closest they'd go is have a set of fighters/mages/dps/support to customize, but due to the sort of game this is, I seriously doubt that would ever happen.

as for the "too many humanoid" comment. ya, it'd be cool to have something more unusal running, flying, or maybe waddling around