Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Too much pressure with new champs!! Am I a forever Gragas/Mundo LOSER??

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

yakbutter

04-23-2010

I feel it's hard to get into certain champs, especially new champs, since people expect certain things of certain champs, like, if you are TF you shouldn't suck balls. But what if it's your first time as TF?? I don't even try champs like TF, Ashe, Kennen, or Ezreal since the intimidation is too high.. instead I play LOSER champs like Gragas, since people expect him to be pretty Meh-tastic, and pulling off more kills than deaths with him makes me a winner.. but for me to not be verbally abused as TF or Ez I have to get like 10 kills in 20 minutes. I haven't even played the new champs to be honest, except for Gragas, because there is too much performance pressure!! how do you get started without making your entire team angry?? I guess I might just have to face the fact that I'll be playing Mundo for the rest of my life..

voorn

04-23-2010

Practice games.

Mondt

Recruiter

04-23-2010

Get more self-esteem.

Therapy might help.

GuyArcher

04-23-2010

Run a bot game to learn the skills.

Run a few practice games to learn combos and going against champs instead of bots

Move on to normal games.

You're gonna suck at first but that's just how it is. You can't expect to get any better or learn new champs if you aren't getting in the games to keep it going. I assume you've got the basics of the game down, just get some games under your belt with the champ that you want to learn.

Stop sweating your teammates as well. As long as you aren't a complete idiot and feed, they'll get over it and deal. Personally, when I'm trying new champs, I start out being more defensive and slowly work my way up. It keeps me from feeding while I start to learn the limitations of the champ in question.

Necrophagus

04-23-2010

Try a few practice games.

Or pop a couple Valium.

Your call.

Yellow Jester

04-23-2010

Could've been worse.

You could be stuck playing Ezreal your whole life.

Are you actually good as mundo and gragas? Ever think that maybe you just fit their style better? I know I fit the Mundo style of play better than any other champion.

If you play the two as tanks, try out Cho' Gath. If you play Mage Gragas, try out Mage blitzcrank. If you play DPS mundo, try AP/AS hybrid Kassadin (the guide is called inyourfaceagainadin). Branch out and be less emo.

yakbutter

04-23-2010

you guys have given me the motivation i need to get out of my mundo/gragas cave!! i'm good with mundo, so i'm afraid to try new champs because i always end up sucking at new champs.

chumbler

04-23-2010

Gragas owns, **** all yall.

JustDavid

04-24-2010

You could play Ashe. She's not too complicated to play. As long as you are dealing damage to the enemy and not feeding them, you are doing okay.

Besides, Mundo is melee. Easier to go from melee to range than the other way around.

Kelin

04-24-2010

Quote:
JustDavid:
You could play Ashe. She's not too complicated to play. As long as you are dealing damage to the enemy and not feeding them, you are doing okay.

Besides, Mundo is melee. Easier to go from melee to range than the other way around.

Quick guide to ashe:

Don't forget to hit Q once when hitting enemy champ.
Don't aim W just shoot it in about the right direction, don't mind minions it will go through it 9/10 times
Don't level up E
R is impossible to miss unless you shooting from a 90 degree angle and the target is moving and using teleport spells (nidalee/kassadin/shen/flash users/jax you know it)

And don't forget, don't right click a tank. And buy infinities + Health.

After 2-3 games you will be equal to about 80% of the ashe population and people won't expect more.