Riot please implement a CS counter in the U.I.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChickenStar7

07-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by replayssoon View Post
What? Tab is not just for looking at CS you know?
CS is the reason you may want/need to Tab every few seconds.

The rest of Tab features are fine to be checked once in a while.

Elrihm Theurg

07-18-2011

bumping the idea

/singed

ChickenStar7

07-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by timoff32 View Post
Well it doesnt blind you. You can still see around it and throught it. Also it doesnt stun you, you click to move, click to attack, and cast abilities all while holding down tab.

I think there should also be a UI for changing all of your video settings. As well as audio settings and interface changes. I want to see enemies items as well as my own teams.

They could also add a permanent bar to allow you to vote to surrender at all times (including the load screen.... O fuuuuuu its singed).

Also a bigger map could help. The current map is useful and all but its too small. If it were bigger itd be better. SO big that I could actually see all the minions and champions on it physically.

My health bar is perfectly big for me to see but it is only on the screen in 3 places (top right, bottom left, over my character's head) It needs to be in a big bubble around my champ, so that if im low i can see it from any direction.

Also, my xperience bar is not user friendly. To fix this, the screen should have 0 contrast when i have no experience in my current level. Then, as I get more xperience, the contrast should increase accordingly until i get to the next level. That way, when the screen is balck, ill know I just recently lvled, if it is pure white, im close to lvling.

Reporting players is a hassel too. I suggest making the UI show a status bar of all the players (this is in game not in end game chat) and your reports for them. They start out reported for intentional feeding by default, if you feel they have died relatively less than normal (42/ 0 / 195 for example) then you can choose to remove the report.

The UI on bushes is completely bogus... I cant see anything in them until i or my partner are in it. For a fix, I think each champion should have a hunting dog and a starter pistol. Once the pistol is fired, the hunting dog runs to the nearest bush. If he gets mutilated by garen (or anyone else), then you can walk up to his dead body and automatically gain amumu's "despair" spell. If nasus or ww kill your dog, you are permanently sent back to your pad because you are guilty of dog fighting.

Justa few suggestions.
Ridicule through hyperbole through seemingly effective, is often entirely baseless.

Any idea can be made to look stupid if parodied and exaggerated beyond recognition, no matter how valid the original thought was.

My suggestion is simple, easy to implement and brings absolutely no drawbacks.

All while making the game better for many players who want this.

Its strange how some people seek to impede progress for no reason other than fear of change. Even if the change is such a minor one and is for the better.

MehMike

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-18-2011

/singed

IS120f8ff20029971667d75

07-18-2011

/signed

Valtegor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-18-2011

Quote:
Well it doesnt blind you. You can still see around it and throught it. Also it doesnt stun you, you click to move, click to attack, and cast abilities all while holding down tab.

--- multiple paragraphs of trolling ----
Or maybe, I don't know, I'm a gamer with a physical disability.

Maybe, just maybe, I can't press tab without standing there doing nothing. I only have 17 buttons on my mouse and I have more important things to keybind to them...

(Ok, I do have scoreboard keybound, but it's an awkward button that makes me miss CS)

BlueThingamajig

07-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealAvasha View Post
Pressing tab still takes two seconds.
It's not exactly difficult. : /
I don't want Phreak tabbing while I'm trying to watch Teemo farm, geez.

timoff32

07-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenStar7 View Post
Ridicule through hyperbole through seemingly effective, is often entirely baseless.

Any idea can be made to look stupid if parodied and exaggerated beyond recognition, no matter how valid the original thought was.

My suggestion is simple, easy to implement and brings absolutely no drawbacks.

All while making the game better for many players who want this.

Its strange how some people seek to impede progress for no reason other than fear of change. Even if the change is such a minor one and is for the better.
CS counter isnt a fear of change its just unnecessary. There is a large amount of more important priorities Riot should focus on rather than adding something that is already sufficiently presented through the use of a hotkey.

I impeded progress? progress to what? It's not like you suggested the idea, they immediately started working on it and my comment caused them to stop working to re-evaluate if the change was necessary. I was illustrating at how insignificant the value of the change would be compared to the effort required to implement it and comparing it to other ridiculous sarcastic suggestions that are complicated to implement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valtegor View Post
Or maybe, I don't know, I'm a gamer with a physical disability.

Maybe, just maybe, I can't press tab without standing there doing nothing. I only have 17 buttons on my mouse and I have more important things to keybind to them...

(Ok, I do have scoreboard keybound, but it's an awkward button that makes me miss CS)
You can bind/unbind pretty much any key in the game. If you have a physical disability and you cant press tab (or some other hotkey) then you probably are going to have a hard time playing this game at all.. Showing your CS is not going to magically make you able to play the game X amount of times better.

Suggestion, rebind it to a non awkward key. It's available in "Interface" I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueThingamajig View Post
I don't want Phreak tabbing while I'm trying to watch Teemo farm, geez.
This is a more valid arguement than the previous 2 quotes/posters.

ChickenStar7

07-18-2011

Quote:
CS counter isnt a fear of change its just unnecessary. There is a large amount of more important priorities Riot should focus on rather than adding something that is already sufficiently presented through the use of a hotkey.

I impeded progress? progress to what? It's not like you suggested the idea, they immediately started working on it and my comment caused them to stop working to re-evaluate if the change was necessary. I was illustrating at how insignificant the value of the change would be compared to the effort required to implement it and comparing it to other ridiculous sarcastic suggestions that are complicated to implement
As I have said, a small change like this is something a Riot engineer can code in as little as a lunch break.

The amount of work required to make this is so minuscule that other priorities are not even a factor.

And since this change has definite (if small) benefits and absolutely no detriments to you or anyone else why would anyone but a troll be against it.

People either like it or don't care, why the hate?

I suppose you are also against the idea of smart casting on items....

ChickenStar7

07-18-2011

bump