Great Game, but Broken by Bad Players

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TTS Zubat

08-28-2010

Love the game itself...it is awesome.

Been playing for 4-5 hours today, played like 8 games. Noticed what seems to frustrate people the most on here, bad players. Now, I'm not talking about low level people who don't know how to play. Newbies are fine. I'm talking about the people who have obviously been playing for awhile (based on their level) that break your team. The people who complain about 1 person dieing a time or 2, when they themselves have 5-6 deaths...in the first 10 minutes. These are the people that annoy their own team to know end by antagonizing. them, name calling, and just being all round bad players.

I'll give you guys an example of a bad player.

In a game earlier today, I was using Taric. Now, I'm not great with Taric, I can't steamroll people with him. But, I know that im at least decent with him, I'm good enough that I know that I'm helping my team. Now, Taric is not known for kills...he is a support/tank, obviously.

But, time and time again, I get the one person that thinks every single class is supposed to get 20 kills a game. These are the people that fail to see that I have taken the most damage, had the least amount of deaths and have....wait for it....wait for it...26 assists. Yeah, 26 assists, 3 deaths, 2 kills. While the ignorant person on my team complaining that we sucked was standing with 7 kills, 14 deaths, and 5 assist. While he was trying to defend his stats in the chat after the game by saying things like "I had no help" and "No1 called mia." We had the 3 other people jump his crack about him being the only person who didnt call mia once the entire game. Then he started pointing fingers at stats, saying stuff like "i had 7 kills, i did ok, look at taric, he only had 2!".

I decided to speak up at this point, and pointed out that I had 26 assists, most healing done, most damage taken, least deaths, and had destroyed 6 buildings. Now, for some reason he still thought that because I only had 2 kills, that I was a bad player. I ended it and left the chat thinking that he is a moron and it dawned on me...Without that one player, win or lose I would have had fun.

This lead me to think of a couple of things that I'm sure have been thought of before.

"vote to kick" option that takes all 4 other votes.
and
"never play with" list

Vote to Kick

This is very self explanitory, you and the 3 other people in your team get to vote to kick the one failure. My idea would result in no IP/XP for the kicked player, and they cannot queue again until this game has ended. This would keep people from whining and being ******bags in general.

Never Play With

This might be a little trickier to implement but, a list of people who you will not be teamed with, or maybe even against, ever again. This would give people at least a "Feel Good" list to know that they won't play with a certain idiot again.

***New Idea

Leaver Compensation

When you finish a game who had (a) leaver(s) your team in compensated by splitting the ip/xp that the leaver(s) would have gained had they stayed. Example: 104 ip/160 xp for a win with 1 leaver, the 104 xp/160 ip would be split evenly with the remaining players so each player would then get an extra 26 xp and an extra 40 ip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaxxor View Post
I think the "don't play with" should also have a counter when you view their profile "XXXX People have decided to Not play with this person again"
sounded like a great idea to me to help you learn who the baddies are out there, or at least the jerks

EequaltoMC2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2010

I like your never play with idea. Sir, i feel your pain.

Dillon Francis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2010

sounds like every solo que i have ever done? o.o

Murtax

08-28-2010

Personally, i like both ideas and i would really enjoy if they got implemented eventually.

WitherSlick

08-28-2010

Idk about the never play with idea. But i DO like the vote to kick option. Unless it gets abused by 4 man premades :/

Idk these sound tricky. I think we should implement ONE of them though.

Harwer

08-28-2010

agree with "vote kick" but "never play with" seems be problematic because its matchmaking not normal game lobby. Plz riot add "vote kick"

TTS Zubat

08-28-2010

sad that so many people know what its like to solo with failures

looks like "vote kick" is wanted by a lot of people lol

and just for lols, i wanted to point out that the bad player in my little story there was playing as master yi...which for some reason seems to attract bad players in my eyes

Donnie Danko

08-28-2010

lol you noticed that too vecrid? Most master yi players are D-Bags for some reason. The ironic thing about this is, i play master yi a lot. haha.

I do feel your pain. And even though i too have bad games where i have 3 kills and like 14 deaths, it's not often.

I run more into bad teams, who can't listen. Because of that one d-bag who wants to go kill some creeps in a lane by himself, and gets jumped. Then screams at the rest of the team for not being there to help him. ( swear this is not exaggerated)

Frieth

08-28-2010

There are a couple problems I see with the Vote to Kick idea, although as someone who feels your pain on occasion, I would like to see the idea evolve.

1) Arranged teams: If there is an arranged team of 4 (or 2 in TT) even without much of an offense the teams will often kick the outsider. Perhaps that is for the best anyway if they are that kind of team but it would waste the entire game for the outsider of the group.

2) Newbies: The poor guys will get kicked often when just trying to learn the game. "Go play a practice game" isn't always a viable option because people are mean in those games too, especially when the servers are hit hard

3) The Negative Effect: When you get kicked from a team, whether justified or not, you're going to get very upset with the game. It is a tool to help people get rid of those who would ruin the game, but it is a double-edged sword that is a built in game function to single out people. I don't think it would be in Riot's best interest to put in a tool that would force people out of groups. It might improve their player pool, but it might also have the opposite effect and force good players out when mean players team up on them.

As for the "never play with" function, I thought that the ignore list already did that for you as I have yet to be paired with anyone I've ever ignored, though my girlfriend has seen them on the opposing team. I could be mistaken on this though, and clarification if I am would be appreciated.

As a final note:<3 Taric, support heroes for the win, and see you in game. Gotta cut it short, a friend is waiting to play
-Frieth

Villiroth

08-29-2010

I was under the impression that /ignore does not keep you from playing with them again. To simplify things, adding "never play with again" to the report function would be nice. Chances are if I report you I dont want to play with you again either.

As an avid Sivir player I feel your pain. Sivir is support/pusher/aura giver yet theres almost always some xin, yi, pantheon, ashe or the like claiming I suck due to my 3/5/15+ score at the end.

12345 ... 6