Jarvan Jungle Help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WeiWei

07-24-2013

In the Jungle, the mighty Jungle, I play Jarvan as a tankkkkkkk.
In the Jungle, the mighty Jungle, Tanky Jarvan Tankssss.

TANK TANK TANK.

Anyway, was wondering if I should go 9-21-0 for Masteries or 0-21-9.
My choice is split between Weapon Expertise in the Offensive Masteries and Runic Affinity in the Utility Masteries.

If you answer, can you give some reasoning behind what I should choose?

Akromah

07-24-2013

9 21. Jarvan doesn't need anything from utility but the 9 in offensive greatly bolsters his early to mid game potential

WeiWei

07-24-2013

The reason I considered the runic affinity is because Jarvan reliant so having blue or an extra 30second is important

Azellos

07-24-2013

I recommend 9-21, the lower damage masteries are pretty useful, and the only thing you want out of utility is buff duration (which is nice but not worth it).

lening

07-24-2013

Don't knock off more unconventional jungle mixes like 21/9/0, 21/0/9, or 15/15/0 without consideration, even if you're going tanky. Take a look at each mastery and see what you really benefit most from. I find a lot of the CC reduction masteries deep in the Defense Tree don't benefit Jarvan as much as they do other tanks, since he has two long-range gap closers. For champions like Singed or Udyr, getting chain-slowed is a big deal; for Jarvan not so much.

I tend to prefer some more points in the offense tree to grab some nice boosts to my clear speed and base damage values. If you take a look at Trick2G's jungle videos, he actually runs 21 in the Support Tree with a boots start over machete on most junglers, to start off with the maximum possible movespeed. Play around with what suits your playstyle best instead of running cookie cutter masteries.

Akromah

07-24-2013

Hey azellos!!

Jarvan isn't blue dependent. If you dont have blue just clear with Q.

You can't wall of jarvan as well with that build. Trick plays like a hero in the spot light imo. I don't see him do more team oriented supporty builds. You can't smack em across da mouf with these builds.