Chauster "NESL Fiasco"

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 47
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

8thtime

07-17-2011

Lose to TSM? go back to how they cheated amirite?

replayssoon

07-17-2011

Who cares it is over, and why do we care about a bunch of children fighting with each other?

HappyAndHazy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8thtime View Post
Lose to TSM? go back to how they cheated amirite?
Except he never said that, he said multiple times in that post that TSM won and GG to them. Reading is hard.

"We were the upper bracket winners and played a good game with TSM where they bested us in a bo3. GG to TSM, we will see you guys in Germany.
This is NOT TSM's fault, this blame is solely on NESL for poorly coordinating picks and bans in an IRC channel without sufficient countdown timers.
This morning I wake up to a peculiar IRC message that links me to this tweet: http://i.imgur.com/MYV9D.png
I don't know what to say. How unprofessional can you be?"

rumples

07-17-2011

It seems like every single tournament theres hints of a bunch of dirty corruption.

vitiman

07-17-2011

bump

Shinnyshin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-17-2011

So, opportunities to springboard this into some reform, potentially improving the NESL scene (potentially both in administration and success) next year? Or would that be far more effort than it's worth?

Hint: If it were worth it, and we tried to do something, we couldn't just spit on NESL and boycott. No. That'd scare investors away at worst...or make us seem like a bunch of little kids at best. Would have to make it clear that we're a valuable and reasonable consumer base while simultaneously making the point that we, as a community, will respond negatively to half-assed, poorly run events such as what just occurred. It can't be threatening (which you don't want to do), but rather showing that they stand to lose a lot by screwing this up.

Blatantfool

07-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumples View Post
It seems like every single tournament theres hints of a bunch of dirty corruption.
This wouldn't really be corruption, just extremely poor quality admin and poor execution.

Really, the only thing Chauster is taking a serious shot at is the terrible way this was handled. Which is technically true, from what I read and understood.

Again, I don't follow tourney stuff unless something particularly interests me.

Daeclue

07-17-2011

bump

JJD

07-17-2011

why are everything associated with tournys so **** idiotic?, first with dreamhack admins failing, and then now this!?

Blatantfool

07-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by replayssoon View Post
Who cares it is over, and why do we care about a bunch of children fighting with each other?
Not at all. This is a person voicing the fact that he was unhappy with the management of a tournament he participated in, then reacting to the admin at fault actually insulting him for questioning the poor execution of basic rules.

He actually made it very clear that he faults no one but the administration of the tourney, as far as I can tell.

12345612 ... 47