Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Let's talk hybrid Evelynn

1
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

e7TopHatter

Senior Member

07-17-2011

Alright. I have now played 3 matches with Evelynn. I have been told by a few people you can play her as AP or AD, but no one ever mentioned hybrid Eve, so I just took a look into it during my last match and went 19/5/12.

My items were as followed:

Boots of Mobility
Trinity Force
Malady
Hextech Gunblade
And then I was working towards... I forgot. I had a blasting wand lol.

My reasoning behind this:

Evelynn needs attack speed. I understand why you could stack 450 AP and then lulz your way through spamming Q every .61 seconds, but I decided that the attack speed lets me:

Proc Trinity for slow + extra damage
Proc Malady to lower magic resist which lets me Q and E hit harder.
Sheen lets me do extra damage

Ontop of my ult giving me:
50-75% attack speed [depending on mid-late game]
my initial stealth hit slowing between 30-50%,
and having Golem and Lizard buffs

The target will never, ever. In life get away[most of the time]. This is also helpful since if I find a lone tanky character, it's enough of a slow that teammates with 2 movement speed boots can catch up and take out the champions health before he gets to his turrets.

The gear itself gives me a nice attack speed [keeping in mind I my ult is never on cooldown] coupled with my ult, and a spammable 80-100magic damage per .5 seconds between .6 and .4 seconds, so on average about 160-200per second.

Of course, this helps with Malady's proc and it's basically an easy kill against any carry or not highly MR/Defence champion.


Early farming is still a pain unless I get lucky and end up with 2 melee in my lane. But I start my skills going:

QWEQWRQEQQE [something along these lines. Rought estimate] and grabbing my ult a level anytime I can. This let's me, usually, farm decently by spamming Q while a lane is MIA, or after i'v successfully ganked a lane and have some time to mop up some easy minion kills before heading out to my next gank.

This is just my thoughts on this. I am still so very new to Evelynn, but I am loving her and thinking of making her a perm. main [my stealth main] to work on improving upon. I am also looking into any advice people have on this as well. Whether it be gear, play-style or just general tips.

So far I think i'v been a successful Evelynn. My first two matches I messed up pretty often early game and that ended up costing my team getting a turret or so pushed, but once I got mid-late I became a pain in the ass for anyone to deal with. My last game I think I improved substantially on my ganking and positioning and it turned out much better.

So let me know what you think about how this build looks in theory and any tips//thoughts//changes you have!

Thanks for reading


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Inkyjinx

Senior Member

07-17-2011

hybrid Eve was great - the items you're missing that are perfect for her is the Guinsoo's Rageblade and a Lich Bane (or Sheen, depending on build).

the problem is that Eve was easily countered with wards/oracles before her nerf. now with her nerf it makes her far less effective. hopefully the upcoming stealth change makes her playable again.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

acosn

Senior Member

07-17-2011

Evelynn isn't worth playing at the moment, and the latest set of nerfs were specifically to discourage people from playing her until they finalize her overhaul.

Eve really isn't worth playing now, and is embarrassingly outclassed by so many characters that it's not even funny.

Still, if you get a malady, it's probably smart to either get a blade of the divine, or Madred's Blood Razor since both get stronger off malady's proc.

And in general, if you go hybrid on Evelynn you want guinsoo's rageblade because it's simply too good to pass up, and a trinity force is probably going to be a safe bet. Lichbane is great for eve, but it generally relies on a strong AP base to really do anything. Even if Trinity Force scales off your base AD, and Eve's is one of the lowest in the game (even AP champions like malzahar have more base AD) it's still a strong item.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

an0my

Senior Member

07-17-2011

Let's talk newbs who play Evelynn.

Imo bads who rely on a crutch.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

e7TopHatter

Senior Member

07-17-2011

Quote:
an0my:
Let's talk newbs who play Evelynn.

Imo bads who rely on a crutch.


You sound like you just sat on a pickle. But that's alright. I am not biased against you being gay.

Nor should you be about me playing Eve. Love all around. <3


Quote:
acosn:
Evelynn isn't worth playing at the moment, and the latest set of nerfs were specifically to discourage people from playing her until they finalize her overhaul.

Eve really isn't worth playing now, and is embarrassingly outclassed by so many characters that it's not even funny.

Still, if you get a malady, it's probably smart to either get a blade of the divine, or Madred's Blood Razor since both get stronger off malady's proc.

And in general, if you go hybrid on Evelynn you want guinsoo's rageblade because it's simply too good to pass up, and a trinity force is probably going to be a safe bet. Lichbane is great for eve, but it generally relies on a strong AP base to really do anything. Even if Trinity Force scales off your base AD, and Eve's is one of the lowest in the game (even AP champions like malzahar have more base AD) it's still a strong item.


Alright. Well I think maybe if I grab Madreds, than I will skip out on the Trinity until end game. And work towards Malady, Madreds, Guinsoo's and then Lichbane. And Trinity last.

I know she's still weak compared to other champions, but I still enjoy playing her, and so far i'v not once been a detriment to my team with her, so I figure i'll keep at her.

I am also hoping the stealth overhaul fixes her up a bit .

Quote:
Inkyjinx:
hybrid Eve was great - the items you're missing that are perfect for her is the Guinsoo's Rageblade and a Lich Bane (or Sheen, depending on build).

the problem is that Eve was easily countered with wards/oracles before her nerf. now with her nerf it makes her far less effective. hopefully the upcoming stealth change makes her playable again.


I'll pick up the items I posted above this quote, and as for wards, I just try to bait to see if they can see me. And i'v always got my summoners as my quick outs .

Oracle buff shows up on the enemy so I can always check them before a gank.

Thanks for the replies guys. Even the butthurt guy.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tylermon

Member

07-18-2011

as for wards just get yourself an oracles elixer and take them out. they will just keep wasting money and giving you easy kills


1