[Suggestion] Rune Page UI Improvements

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

maelstorm

09-06-2009

Hey, I'm quite new and wanted to share a few ideas.

I see there are already threads about how to make the rune system better. My suggestion is about the UI itself.

1-) Tidy rune list
Current situation: I'm not sure how it works since we get runes en masse.
Suggestion: Make it auto-sorted with every rune movement (in or out). Two characteristics should be enough for sorting. Greater priority is on rune power (lesser/normal/greater), second priority criteria is name. It's also possible to include a button or two to change the sorting priority. In that case, name would effectively refer to the type.

Example: I have Greater Rune of Furor, Greater Rune of Alacrity, Rune of Furor. If I sort them with "power" as high priority in ascending order, they will be sorted like: RoF, GRoA, GRoF. If I sort with "name" as high priority in ascending order, they'll be sorted like: GRoA, RoF, GRoF.
Even without buttons, a simple alphabetical sorting would make rune browsing so much easier.

2-) Getting runes into/out of stack
Current situation: You need to drag runes onto the book, out of the book, on the combiner, out of combiner.
Suggestion: Make a shortcut like double-click or ctrl/shift/alt click to move runes between the list and active tab. Also include a "clear runes" button on runebook (if we dont have it) and combiner. You can even include a shortcut to place runes of same kind.
Also make them swappable. That is, if i drop a rune from stack on a rune on the book, get the one on the book to stack and the one from stack to that slot. (thanks to spunkify)
Example: I have 3 Seals of Malice and 2 Seals of Furor. If I double-click on Seal of Malice, it directly gets placed in my first empty seal slot. If I ctrl+double-click on Seal of Furor, both of my seal of furors get placed into my free seal slots (as long as there is space)

I'm pretty sure people will like to experiment on various runes and these will make rune-switching much less tedious.

3-) [Beta] Rune choosing and/or deleting
I doubt anyone will want to delete runes but for beta we could really use one of these. It's quite annoying to cross your fingers to get the runes you want when you want to try something. So if we can choose the runes we get, or we can clear unused runes (so that rune limit isnt full) it'd be quite easy. Currently we have to combine all unused runes.. which usually leads to more unused runes.

That will be all.

Aviseras

09-06-2009

A simple list of runes w/ small icons and a x# next to the name would be a HUGE improvement for navigating and sorting through runes. As is, it takes forever to just FIND the runes you want and god forbid you only have 1-2 of something you might pass it up 3-4 times.

Spunkify

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

09-06-2009

Have a drop down maybe that sorts runes by what type of bonus they give (speed, dmg, armor/magic pen, etc).

Also dont know if this was mentioned but make them hot swappable. I dont want to drag the old off then put the new in. Make them sortable by color too (perhaps just click a button up top to do this).

When you combine runes could you perhaps put like a probability indicator on the right that displays what type of runes you have the probability to create based on what you put in?

maelstorm

09-07-2009

Added your swapping idea to the list too, i hope you dont mind (credited you in the post)

Spunkify

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

09-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by maelstorm View Post
Added your swapping idea to the list too, i hope you dont mind (credited you in the post)
NP thanks

sblade

09-07-2009

Great Ideas.
I was wondering about a delete rune button too, even if its just for the beta... Maybe even a clear bags on the grab rune page to make room for them. Though choosing them would be great.
If the double click works for the combiner too, that would be good, and also add into the mix a per level / static sort. So you can easily find the runes that give stats based on level, and ones that give a set boost.

Lindi

09-09-2009

Wow, i thought of all of these things too :0
Just wanted to *Bump* so a mod maybe would see this ^^

Alc0n

09-09-2009

I'm not sure if this is normal, but when I'm at, let's say page 1 and see a rune that I would like to place on another page, I turn the page and suddenly can't find they rune I just saw standing in the inventory. When I checked it more carefully, I noticed that my inventory changes whenever I turn a page.

egoyette

09-09-2009

The book, while snazzy, isn't necessary and I'd love to see it go. A simple list of rune slots would suffice, and there would be fewer animations in an already laggy interface. If it needs to be cool, maybe a static magical stone tablet image would be enough.