Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

AS Kennen vs. AP Kennen: FIGHT!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FABIOForever

04-21-2010

Quote:
Sad Faced Panda:
Pew pew lahzars.

Seriously though you should give some of your own insight into it instead of just flat out asking.

Just wanted to see where the discussion went. I never really did the math and wanted to know what the people who did their homework thought.

Personally I go pure AP. I can't really see AS being worth it. An extra stun every 5 seconds of auto attacking? It's like a weaker version of Twisted Fate's stacked deck only without the cooldown reduction and more attractive AP bonuses.

Rageblade I'm neutral on.

Nasthor's I don't agree with. That's money wasted on the mana regen, and cooldown reduction favors the energy meter users a lot less

I usually go mejai's followed by leviathan followed by boots (sorc/merc). If I didn't get sorc boots then the next item is abyssal scepter. Guise I really don't think is worth it now. 50 health back for every 1000 spell damage? Once I have one 20 magic pen item (the rest you get from runes) I go the Z ring, which is a much better choice than guardian angel for AP characters.

BloodGod22

04-21-2010

Why go AD when you need to cast spells all the time to actualy stun people(which is what Kennen is supposed to do)?
AP outclasses AD even with its crappy ratios.

Louise

04-21-2010

AS works EXCEPTIONALLY well against bads...

i GAREN-tee it

my build:

Stinger
Berserker's Boots
Starks
Nashor with 1st Stinger
Replace Stinger
then work on Madred's Bloodrazor

Akyio

04-22-2010

Just making usual AP build with whatever you want to, and then add ragenblade, its always good for him. extra damage is good for his W passive, and also ++AP after 8 stacks from ragenblade is always nice too, i think that's enough for just to get that item, because in any case you need to spam your skills

Fluffy1

04-22-2010

pure AP or AD kennen is fail, tank heavy is the only way to play him without dying to a glance in your general direction.

Voidgolem

04-22-2010

AD/AS + Magic pen/Abyssal Scepter.

Based on mild observation, logic, and practice tinkering. His spells all have **** for ratios (His best? One shot for .55 or so), whereas Electrical Surge gives him a big ol' nuke every five attacks.

*shrug*

DonkeyBalls

Recruiter

04-22-2010

I go phys dps and suck every time. I'm dumb so I'll keep doing it.

xGuns

04-22-2010

I've played my DMG/Atk speed Keenen against AP Keenens and you know what they say near end game? They say they see now that DMG/Atk Keenen is better than AP Keenen.

Last 10 games I've played with him I lost twice. Recent winning scores:

9-4-6
17-2-7
13-2-2
25-8-11
17-1-5

The 2 losses:

7-5-7
5-6-4

AP Keenen works as a nuke. You jump in and spam everything. If you're up against a tank or others who are smart enough to dodge your spells you're out of luck, after that his normal attacks are useless. My Keenen has done 900 crit dmg.

Danulas

04-22-2010

Early Game: AP
Late Game: AD

iLuvGirlz

04-22-2010

Well I prefer TANK Kennen :P for Durablity. Since 1on1 Kennen has so pretty long CDs :P

War Mog!!!!!!! :P and Stack AP =D