Tutorial: Running League Of Legends on Ubuntu (and other Debian derivatives)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

z3Ntt

08-03-2011

how do i run the ace_sap.exe? i have the client up and running but need to update the client..

thanks a lot

tooblackforjack

08-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3Ntt View Post
how do i run the ace_sap.exe? i have the client up and running but need to update the client..

thanks a lot
if anyone has any problems or needs help u can pm if u have teamviewer and ill do everything for u.

tooblackforjack

08-03-2011

Quote:

thanks a lot
its the same way u install the client but instead you point out the ace_sap.exe file instead of installer.exe in terminal

for example: /opt/winelol/bin/wine /home/you/Desktop/aceupdate/ace_sap.exe

then hit enter and it should run the update. If you have any errors like the client needs to be repaired or is corrupted, then instead of typing in lol.launcher.exe when you launch the game from terminal, just type in ace.ctnmanager.exe and click on repair client. After you do that, then you should be able to install the update perfectly fine.

z3Ntt

08-03-2011

thanks man, now i cant find the ace_sap.exe.. i thought that it should be at ace folder, but i cant find it.. any clue? is it another file to download?

thanks again

tooblackforjack

08-04-2011

Quote:
thanks man, now i cant find the ace_sap.exe.. i thought that it should be at ace folder, but i cant find it.. any clue? is it another file to download?

thanks again
do you have skype or teamviewer? it'll be easier for me to teach you if you have one of them.

Kyosama

08-06-2011

Every time I use the command: /opt/winelol/bin/wine/home/bruno/ACE\ CLIENT\ 3.9/installer.exe I get the right message was not found. What am I doing wrong?

IMG=http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/1890/tela1.png]********

[IMG=http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/5538/tela2g.png]********

RoosterCockburn

08-06-2011

Rename the folder your installer file is in to something like aceclient without any spaces. You also left out a space in between /opt/bin/winelol/wine and your installer file location.

it should read /opt/bin/winelol/wine /home/bruno/installer_file_location notice the space in between.

Kyosama

08-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoosterCockburn View Post
Rename the folder your installer file is in to something like aceclient without any spaces. You also left out a space in between /opt/bin/winelol/wine and your installer file location.

it should read /opt/bin/winelol/win /home/bruno/installer_file_location notice the space in between.
Rename the folder as mentioned, but only changed the answer .... / opt is a directory .... More installation does not start at all....

I try: /opt /bin /winelol /win /home /bruno /lol /installer.exe (/opt is directory)
and: /opt/bin/winelol/win /home/bruno/lol/installer.exe (file or directory not found)

RoosterCockburn

08-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyosama View Post
Rename the folder as mentioned, but only changed the answer .... / opt is a directory .... More installation does not start at all....

I try: /opt /bin /winelol /win /home /bruno /lol /installer.exe (/opt is directory)
and: /opt/bin/winelol/win /home/bruno/lol/installer.exe (file or directory not found)

Hey,
sorry forgot to add an 'e' on the end of wine and messed up the location a bit
so it would be /opt/winelol/bin/wine /home/bruno/lol/installer.exe
sorry about that its like 8am.

Kyosama

08-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoosterCockburn View Post
Hey,
sorry forgot to add an 'e' on the end of wine and messed up the location a bit
so it would be /opt/winelol/bin/wine /home/bruno/lol/installer.exe
sorry about that its like 8am.

Same problem. You would teamviewer .... to see what is happening?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/204/tela1i.png/

Work ty for help-me