Tutorial: Running League Of Legends on Ubuntu (and other Debian derivatives)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WeWillEndure

07-28-2011

I suppose it'll help if I tell you that at the time I was running Ubuntu-Natty without any programs/dlls added beforehand.

EOYZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeWillEndure View Post
When I attempt to run the program, I encounter a program error. It says that it can be caused by a problem in the program or a deficiency in Wine. I've tried to clean install and patch this twice already, so what could be happening, and how can I fix this?
Are you talking about running into problems with the ACE client? If so there are some things you need to install through winetricks. From the LoL page on wine's appdb
"Then install these packages with winetricks (d3dx9, vcrun2005, ie6, wininet)."

But that should have been taken care of if you followed this guide..its covered in "Part 2"

edit:
Also it'd help if you could post a screenshot maybe or quote exactly the error message your getting

RoosterCockburn

07-29-2011

if you follow the install process, you type in: wineloldeps and winetricks downloads everything you need. It's all automated. I'm actually confused as to what you're having a problem with, post a screenshot please.

BillyTheKido

07-30-2011

it was easy until i got to the step with terminal and it asked me my password and i typed it and it was wrong so i tryed it if it was wrong but it isnt so what should i write in this terminal sudo password??

RoosterCockburn

07-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyTheKido View Post
it was easy until i got to the step with terminal and it asked me my password and i typed it and it was wrong so i tryed it if it was wrong but it isnt so what should i write in this terminal sudo password??
Your sudo password is your admin password. Whatever you set your admin password to.

WeWillEndure

07-30-2011

I'll try once more, and will post a screenshot afterwards. I'm positive I'm doing it right if the wineloldeps installs everything. =^.^= I'm in class for now, so it will be at least six/seven hours before I can post the screenie.

tooblackforjack

07-30-2011

Tank you so much! i finally got it running and working on my ubuntu 11.04. I'll make a youtube video for people having troubles

WeWillEndure

07-30-2011

Posted the screenshot. different problem this time. O_o;;

tooblackforjack

07-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeWillEndure View Post
Posted the screenshot. different problem this time. O_o;;
rite click on it and click on properties and then permissions then check allow execution i think. make sure u run it from terminal though.

Kilos Ataraxia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-30-2011

tried it. doesn't work for some reason. Spell it out for this dodo? T.T

@friends house