[Guide] Hybrid Tristana: Bringing the best of both worlds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xahhfink6

04-23-2010

This is just... No. NO NO NO.

First of all, against better players you are not guarantee'd first blood, especially with nothing increasing your damage at the begining. Start with a Ability Tome instead, harass with explosive until they are at half hp, then jump ignite explosive for the kill at level 2-3.

Tear of the goddess wil give you NOTHING because it isn't going ot increase on trist who cannot spam abilites, instead grab a SHEEN if you want early damage and mana. Also, mejai's is highly suggested. Guinsoo's is good on her, and the Lichbane is going to be better than Trinity for you. After that go for your bf sword, but infinity edge does a lot more damage than blackcleaver.

For boots, try merc treads or mobility boots instead.

For runes, die in a fire... go 9/0/21, or if you really want the ignite mastery go 10/0/20 to get the flash mastery, the move speed, the mana, the cooldowns, the experience, and the buffs.

Finally, to the person who suggested nashor, just NO. Things that trist never need: mp regen, attack speed, low AP, CDR.

skystream92

04-23-2010

I'm guess I'm lost as to the "point" of this build. What exactly are you hoping to accomplish?

OctoBot

04-26-2010

Quote:
This is just... No. NO NO NO.

First of all, against better players you are not guarantee'd first blood, especially with nothing increasing your damage at the begining. Start with a Ability Tome instead, harass with explosive until they are at half hp, then jump ignite explosive for the kill at level 2-3.

Tear of the goddess wil give you NOTHING because it isn't going ot increase on trist who cannot spam abilites, instead grab a SHEEN if you want early damage and mana. Also, mejai's is highly suggested. Guinsoo's is good on her, and the Lichbane is going to be better than Trinity for you. After that go for your bf sword, but infinity edge does a lot more damage than blackcleaver.

For boots, try merc treads or mobility boots instead.

For runes, die in a fire... go 9/0/21, or if you really want the ignite mastery go 10/0/20 to get the flash mastery, the move speed, the mana, the cooldowns, the experience, and the buffs.

Finally, to the person who suggested nashor, just NO. Things that trist never need: mp regen, attack speed, low AP, CDR.
So:
ability tome -> sheen
mejai's
merc treads
guinsoo's
lichbane
bf sword -> infinity edge

did I get that right? and 9/0/21?

that's interesting, but this's just a pure ap trist. Check the updated post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skystream92 View Post
I'm guess I'm lost as to the "point" of this build. What exactly are you hoping to accomplish?
AD/AS/Crit tristana is only good after stacking quite a bit of items. AP tristana is good as soon as she gets her first item, but later on is almost useless and dies a lot. AP/(AD or AS or Crit) in some combination to hit the sweet spot and get better results.

This guide is a WIP. I still don't know all the possible ways to build her. Discuss more so we can improve it.

chucklyfun

04-26-2010

Lich bane + Infinity Edge + Guinsoo's is pure AP Trist?

Supreme1337

04-26-2010

Ummm... Your item list and your strategy section talk about completely different items... Might wanna fix that.

Chorus

04-26-2010

As an avid Tristana player, I'm honestly confused how Rocket Jumping into my target and igniting at level 1 won't just cause them to walk back to tower, pot, or even B. Then at level 4-5 when I could kill them, they are at full health and I'm probably hurt from all the idiotic suicide jumping.

Sounds like if you play AP your best bet is harassing the hell out of them with Explosive shot, and boots would be a must there. I've been owned by AP Trist, but in my defense I was playing Ezreal and it was my third game with him.