By the way, i was banned again.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PabloFajita

07-15-2011

Agree with the OP 100%

Even worse is... The fact that the Leavers/Afkers, the sole biggest problem in ranked games since the beginning of ranked games, literally still run rampant.

The Tribunal pretty much solely is focused on people reporting other people for **** they deem "offensive"...

I've been banned, actually twice now... I've played close to 2000 games over the course of time since LoL was released. I rage occasionally, and for the most part I'm pretty sure everyone in my shoes at those times would do the same thing.

But even though I occasionally rage, it's in those games where you've got the 4 most clueless players ever, the games where your entire team speaks 0 English, the only words they spout off are "noob", "zzzz", "omg" and the magical "report". Those 4 words are interchanged in every sentence throughout the course of the game, the entire time you're trying as hard as possible not to flip out as they continually get ganked because they run into the jungle with no vision, they continually try to tower dive people, they continually have no map awareness.

You try desperately to communicate with them... They just don't understand you, or they just don't care. Til finally 35 minutes into a game that should have been conceded 15 minutes ago, they're still no surrendering even though it's 8 to 43 in kills, you have all 8 kills, and you have 2 deaths to their double digits across the board. You vote surrender, it's 1-4 no.

You snap... Yet this tantrum, would only be rated TV-MA, and shown on basic cable Channels at 8pm at night.

But... Here it comes.

"omg zzzz report"
"noob zzz report lngage"
/All "reprt jervn zzzz noob"
"report jervin ksr"
"jarvin big ks report zzzz"

Now that example is a little extreme... But I'll admit I rage occasionally and by occasionally, I can remember maybe 10 games out of 2000 that I may have been "borderline" offensive.

So... .5% of the games I've played. 2 bans...

Yet every single game I've played... Since this flawed system. I see 2 people go at it with report jabs back and forth. I see Duo Q's vs a Solo Q, trying to convince the other team to report each other, I've seen people who possess the vocabulary of 1 English word, trying in foreign languages to convince their brethren to report someone, how do I know, because the only word you can make out that isn't in broken dialect is "rprt" or "reprot" or "rport" or on the shocking occasion "report".

Mísanthropic

07-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locem View Post
So, as you have said, "Gaming itself =/= serious business". By that logic, there should not be such a thing as verbal abuse to feeders, because there's no reason to get mad over losing? Right?
There should be no such thing as giving power to unqualified and/or unintelligible people to make opinion-based judgement that then leads to automated bans by some seldom-monitored script. Players reserve the right to be angry if they're losing; it's a natural part of being competitive. Verbal abuse can be completely mitigated [see /ignore]. Giving unprecedented power to the general public [community] so that they can then be able to literally destroy the gaming experiences and privileges of so many others, thereby soiling the game via bitter tantrums and anger-driven power tripping is just irrational on Riot's end. And what's worse: Riot intentionally did this to lessen their workload at the expense of every player's account safety, all while it fear-mongers them [the players].

IntFam

07-15-2011

What I want to say has been pretty much said by other posts already. Also "ignore" will stop you from seeing another player's ping spam. I don't know about mute. Never used it.

UmbraSprite

07-15-2011

Is it so hard to not get banned? I haven't so much as received a warning. It blows my mind that people complain when they have 100% control over their own behavior. If you don't "rage" (and no...not everyone does it...even when they feel like it) then you don't get reported. It really is quite straight forward.

Locem

07-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus In A Speedo View Post
There should be no such thing as giving power to unqualified and/or unintelligible people to make opinion-based judgement that then leads to automated bans by some seldom-monitored script. Players reserve the right to be angry if they're losing; it's a natural part of being competitive. Verbal abuse can be completely mitigated [see /ignore]. Giving unprecedented power to the general public [community] so that they can then be able to literally destroy the gaming experiences and privileges of so many others, thereby soiling the game via bitter tantrums and anger-driven power tripping is just irrational on Riot's end. And what's worse: Riot intentionally did this to lessen their workload at the expense of every player's account safety, all while it fear-mongers them [the players].
Well to your credit your one of the few ragers actually arguing cohesively (at least in this one post), albeit still in a negative tone. I'll give this a little more of my time.

So we're finally on the same level, losing makes people angry and upset. And you pointed out verbal abuse can be mitigated via /ignore.

Here's the problem with /ignore. Think for a moment when you would use /ignore on a person? I myself use it when I do not want to hear anymore from someone who will not stop talking. Fine, sounds like a perfect fix like you said.

The problem again, is the fact that this is a team based game where we must communicate with our team members to ensure victory, and are punished for leaving as it griefs your team members. The only time any person will reasonably use a /ignore is when you've pushed them so far that they cannot bear to hear anything else you have to say because it is irritating/depressing/infuriating/etc. By the time you've gotten to the point someone has to /ignore you in this game, 99% of the time you probably deserved the verbal abuse / negative attitude report.

As far as the "being angry at losing part" I completely agree. No one feels good when they lose. No one is congratulated for a good job losing, Raging out at other people is not the answer though and will probably get you banned as it is very demeaning. In real life we call this being a "sore loser", often looked down upon. The ones who hang their heads high and try to further improve themselves are the ones who are looked up to, the ones who go down in flames kicking and screaming are the ones who look bad. Patience, persistence and maybe a little anger management will go a long way.

In defense of the system, the tribunal is not fully automated. The only thing that (i think) is partly automated if at all is the handing out of warnings. If enough punishment tribunals come through, players get WARNED, never banned, the tribunal does NOT hand out bans. Riot then looks at said warned players and if more reports roll in, they have clearly ignored their warning and will get a ban.

You are also assuming the people doing tribunal reports are either "unintelligible" (stupid) or are just out to troll the community and destroy the game. As far as unintelligible goes, I can't really defend how smart or stupid the player base is as I have no fact to base my argument. What I can tell you, is I personally don't think it takes much intellect to tell when someone is abusing someone (which is, of course bannable). What I can also infer to you, based off all the champion builds, number analysis with magic/armor pen I see out on the net, that the general player base is probably not as stupid as you think.

Now the trolls.... All I can say here is have a bit of faith in humanity. Not every person out there is a troll. In fact it is only a slight minority of people out there that are actually out there consistently "trolling" people. If a majority of trolls were out to destroy the community they wouldn't do it by punishing verbal abusers, they would be pardoning them all so that no newcomers would want to join the game.

Any ban handed out has been by Riot personally. If you have been banned, you have not been wronged by the tribunal, a riot employee has seen your case and has determined you deserve to be banned. This has only been sped up by the tribunal since the "warning phase" goes by a little quicker.

Dorude Vitam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-15-2011

1. I agree Entirely with Razzy.

2. I thought exactly what PabloFajita just said when they Announced Tribunal.

Tribunal is nothing but an outlet for trolls/baddies/mass punishers to reek havoc upon the society we have come to love. I can not tell you how many times I have seen some BK troll his heart out (poorly) and then report a teammate who consequently gets banned. These stupid little kids cry every time someone points out the obvious that they, in fact SUCK

LeetStorm

07-15-2011

I agree with Razzy. im just gonna /ignore all from now on. I also banned likely for verbal abuse. This game enables feeders. The only people who do tribunal are the feeders. So riot may have banned me but also lost some micro transaction on their parts. So only way to not talk down my feeding team mates is just /ignore all so i am not tempted to rage at someone when they try to tell me how to play my hero when im 12-1-13 and they are 2-7-5

LeetStorm

07-15-2011

Quote:

When you are stuck in a 5v5 game, you are partnered with four other people. You don't need to have a masters degree in math to know that you have a decent chance of getting a player who may either be a poor player or just someone who's having a bad day. These are the risks you run in playing a team based game such as this.

Once you start verbally harassing them though, you are only furthering your team's demise and have, as I mentioned earlier, ruined their experience even further than it needs to be.

Some people just don't accept advice or help and will continue to sink the game. Nothing you can do there. Continue to try offering constructive criticism wherever you can, and simply wait until post game and report them for "unskilled player". If you harass them you only make yourself look bad.

I

Its hard to give advice to someone when they refuse to take it. Its expected to know what you are doing also when you are playing at 1500 elo and above. People use the excuse that it ruins the game experience for people when they start verbally abusing. I disagree. Dota became an elitist game because they players grow tough skins and learn to play from getting griefed on mistakes. Also being stuck in a game ruins the game experience just as much as being stuck in a game with 4 deadweight ****ing feeders that are clueless. It gets even worse when you just want to surrender and the feeding ****** bags refuse to surrender. They should be banned for not surrendering.

LeetStorm

07-15-2011

Quote:
Well to your credit your one of the few ragers actually arguing cohesively (at least in this one post), albeit still in a negative tone. I'll give this a little more of my time.

So we're finally on the same level, losing makes people angry and upset. And you pointed out verbal abuse can be mitigated via /ignore.

Here's the problem with /ignore. Think for a moment when you would use /ignore on a person? I myself use it when I do not want to hear anymore from someone who will not stop talking. Fine, sounds like a perfect fix like you said.

The problem again, is the fact that this is a team based game where we must communicate with our team members to ensure victory, and are punished for leaving as it griefs your team members. The only time any person will reasonably use a /ignore is when you've pushed them so far that they cannot bear to hear anything else you have to say because it is irritating/depressing/infuriating/etc. By the time you've gotten to the point someone has to /ignore you in this game, 99% of the time you probably deserved the verbal abuse / negative attitude report.

As far as the "being angry at losing part" I completely agree. No one feels good when they lose. No one is congratulated for a good job losing, Raging out at other people is not the answer though and will probably get you banned as it is very demeaning. In real life we call this being a "sore loser", often looked down upon. The ones who hang their heads high and try to further improve themselves are the ones who are looked up to, the ones who go down in flames kicking and screaming are the ones who look bad. Patience, persistence and maybe a little anger management will go a long way.

In defense of the system, the tribunal is not fully automated. The only thing that (i think) is partly automated if at all is the handing out of warnings. If enough punishment tribunals come through, players get WARNED, never banned, the tribunal does NOT hand out bans. Riot then looks at said warned players and if more reports roll in, they have clearly ignored their warning and will get a ban.

You are also assuming the people doing tribunal reports are either "unintelligible" (stupid) or are just out to troll the community and destroy the game. As far as unintelligible goes, I can't really defend how smart or stupid the player base is as I have no fact to base my argument. What I can tell you, is I personally don't think it takes much intellect to tell when someone is abusing someone (which is, of course bannable). What I can also infer to you, based off all the champion builds, number analysis with magic/armor pen I see out on the net, that the general player base is probably not as stupid as you think.

Now the trolls.... All I can say here is have a bit of faith in humanity. Not every person out there is a troll. In fact it is only a slight minority of people out there that are actually out there consistently "trolling" people. If a majority of trolls were out to destroy the community they wouldn't do it by punishing verbal abusers, they would be pardoning them all so that no newcomers would want to join the game.

Any ban handed out has been by Riot personally. If you have been banned, you have not been wronged by the tribunal, a riot employee has seen your case and has determined you deserve to be banned. This has only been sped up by the tribunal since the "warning phase" goes by a little quicker.
You dont need communication at all when you are amazing at the game. I for one dont need a single mia call. I barely even need wards. Wards are needed and a bonus. But its pretty obvious when the enemy is trying to gank and do certain obvjectives. When you've been playing mobas since dota began you can probably dictate every move of the game. Ill just be using /ignore all. I dont need to hear my team mates blabber. Itll only cause more rage.

UmbraSprite

07-16-2011

An "elitist" game is exactly what we don't need. No new players = no money for Riot = no game at all.
It is glad to know that your humble self is "amazing at the game" but since it wasn't created for you specifically and the rest of the world plays (and even pays) this game you have to be considerate of everyone.

What they need to do is have you work up your ELO in a lower league and have a more competitive league where a minimum ELO is required to participate. That would give people the level of competition they want to keep out some of the less skilled players.

They really need to rename this forum to "Trolls and Tears" because that is all that is discussed here.