By the way, i was banned again.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Razyy

07-15-2011

Never afk'd, never ragequit, never used racial slurs, never fed on purpose, never threw a single game.

i guess feeders and trolls cant just take the fact that doing poorly will cause them to get called out by most players... so what do they do? report the people that calls them out, of course.

coupled with the tribunal mass punish voters, i cant say im surprised. it is very hard for me not to say anything when unintentional feedings ruin my matches time and time again... but i swear this time ill do my best and just /mute_all as soon as the match begins.

One question... is there any difference between mute and ignore? because i would not like to see them typing, however, i might need their pings.... thanks in advance.

@Tribunal makers, i hope you're glad. your utopia of turning a competitive TEAM game into a pink fluffy world where everyone should just smile and laugh for the team mistakes that slowly but inevitably make you lose time and time again seems to be working... keep banning legit players. keep banning the SAME trolls / intentional feeders for the same duration than legit frustrated players. what a brilliant system indeed.

Verbal abuse is obviously on the same scale than feeding and griefing.. right? see you on the 27th, ignore is my friend.

Locem

07-15-2011

Not everyone is a "feeder".

Have you ever had a game where you have completely dominated the other team? Every move you made was epic and you had an extremely high K/D ratio. Sure you have, by the tone of your message you must be the most epic LoL player in the world that has never played poorly before, it's only his teammates fault.

Now put yourself in the shoes of the team that just got dominated by your awesomeness. They probably feel pretty bad right? It doesn't feel good to get stomped, common sense. They didn't make THAT many mistakes though, they just got crushed by the GOOD plays you made.

Not everyone that plays bad is feeding, a lot of the time the other team is just playing better. There's no need to abuse one player for that.

Verbal abuse = Harassment. There are laws for this in the real world and if you want to continue the real world analogy, compare this game to a real world sport like football. Any sort of unsportsmanlike conduct/personal foul (such as... verbal harassment perhaps?) dictates a penalty. If it is looked down upon in the real world, why should you get away with it on the internet?

Razyy

07-15-2011

because it is completely understandable in a game like this?

judging by your post, harassment, even if justified, should be on the same level than intentionally griefing.

and no. i NEVER feed early. theres a difference between dying to a dorans guy and dying against the guy that got fed off your solo top 4/0.

i know that most tribunal users are just casuals that fluctuate between 100 and 300 wins. so ill just disregard your ignorant post and move on.

oh i also know someone will post saying how big of an ******* i am, and that judging by my post i deserve to be banned. well no **** sherlock, i get annoyed when someone like the poster above runs his mouth without knowing anything. especially when they are just people that joined maybe a week ago.

but dont care, i dont give much of a ****... i havent been banned just yet but 2 days ago, this time i wont try to write anything to the CS cuz its pointless, and this time i wont try to convince anyone cuz it is also pointless.

Dumb newbies.

Mísanthropic

07-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locem View Post
If it is looked down upon in the real world, why should you get away with it on the internet?
Because the Internet =/= RL. Also, gaming itself =/= serious business, BUT those that like to invest money in a game, only to turn around and lose it all because some sadistic report-abusers got a raging ***** and decided to spam /report on players they [the abusers] built a grudge against, is just plain wrong.

Put together the segments in bold and you'll find yourself a nice tl;dr version.

SnafuFubar

07-15-2011

Looks deserved to me.

Mísanthropic

07-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnafuFubar View Post
Looks deserved to me.
Then again all bans look deserved to a*ssholes like you.

Lord Hakoda

07-15-2011

I sort of agree with Razyy. I try to control myself but there are some players that refuse to listen to their team on how to play usually using either "you're not the boss" or "i got this" and they get stomped, ruining their team. Especially in the era of Vayne..

Lcifer

07-15-2011

i was recently banned for 3 days in a AI bot game where i hadnt feed hadnt even died was was doing just fine the only thing the ppl in game had to say to me negativly at all was in the very begining of match when i said i didnt need to buy a starter item and i didnt i handled my self 10 times better then the other person in my lane who died 4 times before lvl 5......... but20 minuites into the match i had to apoligize for my inability to gauge time and had to leave and take my GF to work so i feel the pain of being banned by ppl that just spam report............... on my first day playing i got banned after my first match until 24hrs had gone by becuase i fed a bot 4 kills and everyone reported me for feeding apparently

Locem

07-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razyy View Post
because it is completely understandable in a game like this?

judging by your post, harassment, even if justified, should be on the same level than intentionally griefing.

and no. i NEVER feed early. theres a difference between dying to a dorans guy and dying against the guy that got fed off your solo top 4/0.

i know that most tribunal users are just casuals that fluctuate between 100 and 300 wins. so ill just disregard your ignorant post and move on.

oh i also know someone will post saying how big of an ******* i am, and that judging by my post i deserve to be banned. well no **** sherlock, i get annoyed when someone like the poster above runs his mouth without knowing anything. especially when they are just people that joined maybe a week ago.

but dont care, i dont give much of a ****... i havent been banned just yet but 2 days ago, this time i wont try to write anything to the CS cuz its pointless, and this time i wont try to convince anyone cuz it is also pointless.

Dumb newbies.
Intentional grief is on the same level as verbal abuse, either way it is ruining someone's game experience even further than it already has to be.

When you are stuck in a 5v5 game, you are partnered with four other people. You don't need to have a masters degree in math to know that you have a decent chance of getting a player who may either be a poor player or just someone who's having a bad day. These are the risks you run in playing a team based game such as this.

Try being the better man. They are feeding, try giving them advice, helping them, lane switch or something. Just because one player is playing poorly does not mean the game is lost already because this is, again, a TEAM game. One does not win by abusing their teammates, they win by working with them. Compliment them on whatever moves you see them make that ARE good, try to bolster their self confidence because if they are already playing poorly they probably already feel poorly. Get them out of that mindset.

Once you start verbally harassing them though, you are only furthering your team's demise and have, as I mentioned earlier, ruined their experience even further than it needs to be.

Some people just don't accept advice or help and will continue to sink the game. Nothing you can do there. Continue to try offering constructive criticism wherever you can, and simply wait until post game and report them for "unskilled player". If you harass them you only make yourself look bad.

I'm sure you are a talented player, but notice what I have done in this post. I have offered positive, constructive criticism rather than call you a "dumb newbie" or "ignorant". You are only hurting yourself by being negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus in A Speedo
Because the Internet =/= RL. Also, gaming itself =/= serious business, BUT those that like to invest money in a game, only to turn around and lose it all because some sadistic report-abusers got a raging ***** and decided to spam /report on players they [the abusers] built a grudge against, is just plain wrong.

Put together the segments in bold and you'll find yourself a nice tl;dr version.
Correct, Internet =/= RL. The problem is though this is a game that once initiated, you are locked into and forced to play to finish unless you want to add a leaver mark to your record and push your account towards a possible ban if you continue. For someone who has paid money in the game, it would be especially frustrating to be banned for any reason, as you have clearly mentioned. So clearly LoL game =/= your definition of "internet" in this case.

So, as you have said, "Gaming itself =/= serious business". By that logic, there should not be such a thing as verbal abuse to feeders, because there's no reason to get mad over losing? Right?

KamaitachiTrey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Huntsman

07-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcifer View Post
i was recently banned for 3 days in a AI bot game where i hadnt feed hadnt even died was was doing just fine the only thing the ppl in game had to say to me negativly at all was in the very begining of match when i said i didnt need to buy a starter item and i didnt i handled my self 10 times better then the other person in my lane who died 4 times before lvl 5......... but20 minuites into the match i had to apoligize for my inability to gauge time and had to leave and take my GF to work so i feel the pain of being banned by ppl that just spam report............... on my first day playing i got banned after my first match until 24hrs had gone by becuase i fed a bot 4 kills and everyone reported me for feeding apparently
Sorry, but this sounds justified. If you had to take your girlfriend to work, why did you only give yourself 20 minutes of game-time? I personally haven't ever lost a Co-op vs. AI match, and if someone left and the bots started to feed (for whatever reason, perhaps because it is now 5 v 4) and I lost my first co-op vs. AI I'd probably report you too.

Frankly, if you only have 20 minutes, don't join a game expecting to leave everyone when they need you. Bots or no, poor judgement on that one, particularly for your allies who made sure they had time to sit through a whole game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantic Sniper View Post
I sort of agree with Razyy. I try to control myself but there are some players that refuse to listen to their team on how to play usually using either "you're not the boss" or "i got this" and they get stomped, ruining their team. Especially in the era of Vayne..
I get those players all the time - I just hold my tongue, ask them politely to listen or to do this or that, or politely let them know the entire enemy team is coming right for them, and if they stand there, ignore me, and die? I might report unskilled player afterwords so that they are dropped in matchmaking - and if I ever get them again, well... their ignorance and inability to co-operate or listen might result in a different report, one that might end up with them receiving a warning for intentional feeding.

There's no excuse to blatantly ignore your allies when they're pinging, and sending messages that the entire enemy team is coming right at them - that might almost be chopped up to intentional feeding.

I don't think there's a reason to sink to their level and start a shouting match, or verbal abuse, or etc. Maybe I can contain my temper a little better online than others can? Or perhaps others are too used to there being no repercussions to their actions online? Hmmm...

-Trey
P.S. We were all newbs once, and we all made really REALLY REALLY silly mistakes at one point or another, but we learned from them - and studies have proven time and again that you learn better from helpful allies than from brutal ones. IF ANYTHING, you learn better when motivated by reinforcement - and if you are punished (such as being yelled at, etc) you're more likely to rebel against the one shouting at you, which may mean you do worse.