Better or Worse than current Announcer?

Better 25 59.52%
Worse 17 40.48%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

New Announcer! (me)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skaft

The Council

07-11-2009

I like it! Hannah approves.

redit

Adjudicator

07-11-2009

It's better than the current one, but that's just because the current one seriously sucks - this isn't what I'd like in the final version - I too am looking for a deep booming voice to arbitrarily make me feel 2cm tall when I die and 3 meters tall when I (fiinally) score a kill - Not some ****** telling me "Dude, someone just died! Is that wicked or what?!" :-)

This is probably why the UT-sounds were so popular; The voice of the announcer in that game is just awesome.

MrFroho

Adjudicator

07-13-2009

You got the style of the words down quite well, but its really the deep voice that hits the spot.

Perhaps you could use a program to turn the pitch down by like 1000, you will start sounding pretty epic.

redit

Adjudicator

07-13-2009

... Or just learn to growl. Ask metal heads. :-P

Cobalt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-14-2009

I liked it, I think you slow down and lengthen some phrases a bit to add more meaning to them.

TenToedPete1

Adjudicator

07-16-2009

i voted better, but i would prefer more like the UT sounds, deeper and longer holding. both riots and your "dominating" is really short, the UT one is kinda stretched out, each syllabyle held for a second, really makes it sound so much cooler

Blackultra

Adjudicator

07-17-2009

I think the dota "voice announcer" sounds for like "killing spree" 'holly ****" and things like that were imported from other games like Unreal Tournament and (like pudge's "ahhh... fresh meat) Diablo (I or II, forgot). I'm hoping LoL voice acting will be all original

Punisher

Adjudicator

07-17-2009

While I do agree that the announcer work could use a little kick in the pants, I have to agree with what most people are saying. A lower pitch and growling/grumbling/gravelly would improve your voice work imo.

Pepper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

07-18-2009

Current announcer isn't much better than anything in my opinion. But yes your announcer is definitely better than the current.

Ruran

07-20-2009

I prefer the Demigod announcer, can't get much deeper then that, "FIRST BLOOD HAS BEEN DRAWN" "THE FORCES OF LIGHT HAVE CONSTRUCTED A FINGER..OF...GOD!!!"