Need help on Master Yi

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zeyk

09-06-2009

Run speed is a poor substitute for snare because it doesn't keep them from reaching a tower or their teammates, and it separates you from your teammates, potentially setting you up for a counter-gank.

Tarion

09-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeyk View Post
Run speed is a poor substitute for snare because it doesn't keep them from reaching a tower or their teammates, and it separates you from your teammates, potentially setting you up for a counter-gank.
That'd be an issue if it weren't for the sheer burst damage Yi throws out.

Anyway, I still stick with Phage, I've just never found the slow to be essential.

Etakon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarion View Post
http://beta.leagueoflegends.com/boar...t=Professional

That's the best post in it.

I'm running Yi with
Vampiric Scepter
Long Sword + Ruby Crystal into a Phage
Berserkers Greaves
Zeal into Phantom Dancer
B.F.Sword into Bloodthirster

Rarely get past that, but tend to pick up another B.F.Sword for Infinity Edge.

My Mastery is a 9/0/21 (Like the movement buff, and the cooldown). You don't actually need any more power, so more offensive is a bit of a waste. You still kill anything the moment you Highlander/Wuju it up.

I've got Flash and Teleport as my skills. Flash is a chasing skill, as is Alpha Strike. With both, you're basically inescapable. Which is nice. Teleport is nice because I like to heal lots while laning. You struggle with Mana, as its the only thing that is holding you back when you use Wuju and Highlander together. The refresh component of Highlander is disgustingly useful.

I'm not a perfect Yi, but I do tend to impress people when it goes well (Or it goes horribly. I'm having some issues with consistency. I'm trying to work out what it is that holds me back sometimes)
Thanks for your help. I find that I've been playing Yi much better than before. Especially endgame when Yi got most of his items, practically cleared the entire enemy team. One thing though, I find that I dont really use teleport often.

Stolen

09-08-2009

My comments from my master yi experience:

I think zeal/phantom dancer is late game at best, you have great attack speed from boots and ultimate, if anything i grab starks for that extra attack speed as lifesteal is helpfull.

I agree phage is good early unless you are doing well last hitting and ganking early (in which case i would try and grab infinite edge early)

In games where there is a lot of disable i definatly like to get banshees veil as 5 secs of not hitting is really bad for you, i also like ghost better than flash for the same reason, you can break stun and get those hits in, and it's almost as good for escape and chase (especially with ult).

I agree the first part of the game can be weak for him but if you're careful being solo can be a huge advantage, with meki pendant > philo stone early, you can alpha strike alot and as you will get higher levels of it early as solo the money rolls in quicker and so does the insane damage. For this reason i generally take teleport alot as my 2nd abilty, to stay in the farming action as much as i can.

My item build is generally:

Meki/Regrowth Pendant > Philo stone
Beserker boots
Phage/Infinite edege (depends on how quickly the gold is coming in)
Infinite edge/phage
starks/banshees(if there is alot of disable)

p.s meditate is almost useless.

Irenicus

09-09-2009

I don't find meditate that useless late in the game. It is true that at the beginning it doesn't help you much. But if you play a long balance game you can charge, run back, heal and charge again. And it saves a lot of time then recalling to your base, heal and run back to the other team base.

Tarion

09-09-2009

I'm having a lot of luck with Meditate late game, but I often find that just bashing creeps with Bloodthirster is quicker and easier :P

Anyway, just wanted to ask - Have people had much luck with Alpha striking something other than their target? I was doing it a lot in my last game to harass in the very early game, and people didn't expect it. You alpha strike something in front of them, hopefully hitting them on the way (Definitely, if they have less than 4 others around them) and they can't hit you back. Works wonders when you're up against someone who's feeling cocky that you can't reach them, so sitting around on low life

Etakon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2009

hey all yi users again.

do u guys have any new strategies/item builds etc? cuz recently i've been getting my ass handed pretty often. seems as though people have gotten smarter and always always focuses their attacks on you (oh look, its a yi! piority target!) :/