[Suggestions] Top 10 Requests

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RealFatChicken

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMotherGoose View Post
Not a bad opinion, but let me put it this way, I think that every player could be totally happy if they came out with "XPerl" for LoL. In my opinion, XPerl was THE WoW addon that eliminated most/all of the UI issues. This single addon could fix all of LoL's issues, from the most minimalist to the greediest information oriented player. If this should be done by Riot or by fans, I don't care. But seriously, the expandability that the Addon allowed was excellent and should be in LoL.
I fully agree something of that magnitude would be greatly appreciated if it was implemented. Just, to restate my original thought, if it's not handled by Riot than inevitably other addons will be implemented that do similar things as our LoL "XPerl" but in slightly different ways, or do different things all together that XPerl didn't think to do. Think of grid, dbm, recount, combat scrolling text, etc. I found that when I played a MMORPG, even using XPerl, I still had another ~25 addons that tweaked things slightly more to my style of play (some, you could argue, are attributed to the fact that MMORPG's are more intricate Metagames than LoL). Point is, patches sucked. So, I mean I'd be happy with either option (Riot or third party) but I feel Riot would be a much more favorable option and would give LoL a customizable polish that would be looked at favorably by the gaming community.

Edit: Just for propriety's sake, I'll replace my specific example with "MMORPG."

TheMotherGoose

05-10-2010

What really confuses me is that most of the functionality is there in the code. When you go look at the config files you'll find all the options that you want under that section, Colors, text, individual parts of the HUD, even stuff that isn't implemented like fill patters. Everything can be customized (Almost) by these files, I can currently change all of this manually, but it's odd that they haven't implemented a GUI for this.

Shikakoo

05-10-2010

i like the ideas but my favorite is the mia ping because typing mia bottom and things like that take time and also sometimes lead to death if you do or don't. also i don't think it is to hard to program and put in but i am not a programmer so i wouldn't know.

Draykeh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2010

This would make the game so much better. Season 1 has nothing on this list.

TheMotherGoose

05-12-2010

Bumped because this isn't visible enough...Please Riot, stop the re-posts and sticky this!

dharh

05-12-2010

Why has this not been stickied? Glad I saw a reference to this otherwise I would never have known about it and continued to ask for a recommended item profile tool in game.

Mikiriko

05-12-2010

I agree with all of these.

I like the custom "recommended" items the most.

Good post!

Levyten

05-16-2010

Sticky this +1 Bump

draydurmil

05-19-2010

why not just customizable recommended item slots, where in u can clear it up if u dont like the recommended items and drag the items u are going to build.

Apollys

05-21-2010

Good stuff here.