[Suggestions] Top 10 Requests

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

yoloLulu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-08-2010

I think an MIA button is unnecessary . It only takes a few seconds max to type out mia bot.

I have heard the argument about what happens if the person comes back while you are typing and you can't cast spells. The answer is simply hit enter no matter what you have typed in the chat box and keep playing.

I have also heard that argument about VOIP giving you an edge. That is 100% true however instead of requesting an MIA button I suggest requesting in game VOIP like HoN has. Either that or get on VOIP with who you are playing with. If you are going against five people that are on vent together most of the time you are in a group of five as well.

In before "I don't have a vent server I can use" Skype is high quality and free so there aren't any excuses.

paulgatineau

10-08-2010

great ideas!

Rellent

10-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smogen View Post
I have also heard that argument about VOIP giving you an edge. That is 100% true however instead of requesting an MIA button I suggest requesting in game VOIP like HoN has. Either that or get on VOIP with who you are playing with. If you are going against five people that are on vent together most of the time you are in a group of five as well.
i remember reading before that riot's #1 goal was to have in-game VOIP, that was a long time ago. and i dont see how that would be hard to accomplish by riot, especially by now. dont know what the major hold up is

CofiLegend

10-11-2010

Awesomely, Hyper , Amazing , Well thought out ideas.. IT would make the game more simple (I'm not saying its not simple enough) Though, gr8 ideas! Please update

shatteredperfect

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2010

so many good ideas, let us hope riot impliments them all, tho honestly I think we could all do without the MIA button, as it takes maybe 1-2 seconds to type, or if you're lazy you just ping, type miss.

brunch U

10-12-2010

kill cam? o_o just so that you're not bored while your dead

i'd be cool seeing olaf's E in slow motion

PsychoSim

10-12-2010

VOIP is cool HOWEVER, I agree that it will change the dynamics of the game. It will also degrade the experience of users because most people are complete *******s when they can use their voice. That's right... I don't have faith in this community to be mature and friendly.

Rellent

10-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoSim View Post
VOIP is cool HOWEVER, I agree that it will change the dynamics of the game. It will also degrade the experience of users because most people are complete *******s when they can use their voice. That's right... I don't have faith in this community to be mature and friendly.
thats why i hate xbox live on most games. ~

if you kill someone, end their streak, dont play good, etc.. someone rages, curses at you, screams, and cries, extremely annoying. is one reason why i prefer pc gaming over xbox

if i can disable VOIP in the game, ill just disable it and ignore everyone while i enjoy playing

Sumnus

10-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenek View Post
The idea riot has in place is already genius cause if your getting your ass kicked you cant leave since your stuck in the same game until it finishes. I idea of buffs/nerfs to the players in game is a ****ty idea, ask the WoW players in Wintergrasp they can tell you now much they love having 20 stacks of tenancy on them and still getting their asses kicked. Even punishing the player by taking IP points away is dumb cause sometimes **** comes up IRL and you CANT continue playing. (ie your house catches on fire, or a chipmunk ends up 3 feet into your rectum.)

There's nothing you can do, trying to fix afkers and leavers is a problem EVERY multiplayer game on the market suffers from. Riots came closest to fixing that but alas, there are still leavers.
There is a fine line between running into situations where you can't continue playing (most of which are foreseeable, so why the hell did you start a game anyway knowing you can't finish?), and just leaving a game because you went 0-2 in the first ten minutes. There are multiple ways to penalize leavers that won't be a complete bother to those who "accidentally" left the game, or "couldn't continue playing" or "didn't mean to" etc etc. Excuses aside, i've seen players with triple digit leaves, on many occasions. There's no reasonable way for you to honestly believe they're all "internet trouble" or "houses catching on fire" or "power outages" or anything of that sort. Some players are just *******s, and those are the ones that need to be taken care of (and it's far from impossible to do), if a small handful of people who truly did have incidental leaves are penalized on the rare occasions that they do have one of those circumstances, it's worth it for the good of the game, and to enhance the game experience of everyone in general. Trying to defend everyone who leaves games by saying that sometimes there's a good reason isn't going to help anyone. I still firmly believe that 99% of leaves are on purpose. If you know you're leaving in anywhere from 10-30 minutes, you probably shouldn't start a game. Especially good games, 30 minutes is often the first moment where games are actually starting to wind down to the end. In games where teams are close to even in skill level, it's not uncommon to go to the hour mark. (those have been some of my most enjoyed games actually, there it's 46-42 in kills going into 1:10:00 on the timer), it's just common courtesy to not start a game you are fairly certain you won't have time to finish.

Dangerlion

10-16-2010

Probably been mentioned, but OP should include in UI about the ability to change it to what the beta UI was.