[Suggestions] Top 10 Requests

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 14
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheMotherGoose

04-20-2010

I have decided that with all the re-posts of the various ideas on the UI Forum that I would create a thread that contained the Top 10 most requested/best ideas (Arbitrarily decided by yours truly) for the UI. First off, I don't pretend to take credit for any of these ideas. Plenty of people have suggested these ideas, I'm just compiling them into one location to stop the re-posts. By the way, these aren't in any particular order.

Edit: 4/27:
Totally changed Item #10
Reworked #9 and #7

Edit: 4/29:
Added "Original Post" to all the suggestions.

1) Custom Recommended Items

What is it?
This is pretty straight forward. You know the "recommended items" up at the top of the screen in the shop menu? Yes, we want to be able to customize which items are up there.
What value does it add?
For people that never use the recommended items list this would save a lot of time in searching for the items.
How would it work?
Catapl3x had an excellent idea about profiles that I would like to see modified for recommended items and a bunch of other things (So kudos to him every time I reference profiles). You should be able to create different item profiles and select them (probably on the character select screen) and that's the items you have "recommended" in game. A player will get to choose six items to put in those slots and then save the profile. I don't think there should be a limit on profiles, but if there is, there should be three (Tank, Melee, Caster)
Original Post
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=94321

2) UI Modding
What is it?
Some sort of framework that players are allowed to write their own addons to interact with the existing UI code
What value does it add?
This would allow for people to write UI Mods for some really cool effects like super minimalistic UIs. Such as Gold display, HP, Mana, Items only. Infinite Value really.
How would it work?
Take a look and World of Warcraft's UI system, its a perfect example of what I think the players want. The possibilities are endless. XPload posted a good idea on a different UI and others have posted different, but also good ideas for UI schemes, UI Modding would allow all of those UI layouts and any other style of UI to be created/manipulated. I am putting anything about layouts of frames and whatnot in here (I would put this at priority one if I were playing favorites)
Original Post
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=91145

3) MIA Call button

What is it?
Some type of "ping" that marks the map/radar in some way to distinguish a MIA
What value does it add?
A quick easy way to call a lane MIA. 'Nuff said
How would it work?
Taking a look at the existing thread I have come up with two different ideas on how this could work for Riot. a) Different type of ping. Rather than ping the map you could press a different button combo for MIA call or b) type in /m. These could have the effect of having a Yellow dot ping (Rather than blue or red) in your lane and/or having "MIA Top/Mid/Bot" appear in the chat log.
Original Post
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=17413

4) Reflecting the map

What is it?
A feature that reflects the map (Bottom would now be top and top would now be bottom)
What value does it add?
Some people complain that the extra UI at the bottom of the screen makes it harder to dodge skill shots. This would make it so that the opposite team is always on the "top" of the screen so when they skill shot from "their" side of the map it's easier to see.
How would it work?
Just make it so that the both teams always have the view that they are on "bottom"
Original Post
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=96148

5) Mastery Profiles
What is it?
Similar to Custom Recommended items this feature would allow you create profiles for your masteries and switch between them
What values does it add?
Allows you to quickly swap between your favorite mastery sets without the hassle of reseting and making sure you quickly redo them to their correct build
How would it work?
Similar to rune book pages you can select one of a few profile in addition to manually setting them. So you might have "Mastery Set 1/2/3" (Re nameable) and when you get in game you can manually set them if you want.
Original Post
I think I modified this from the Rune Customization threads, if want that, go find all of them.

6) The Ready Button
What is it?
When you have your masteries and everything set in the Champion select screen, you can click this to "ready up" If all players are ready, the game starts.
What value does it add?
Allows for games to start faster, more games, happier players.
How would it work?
Probably a check box next to the chat window that says "Ready". If all players a checked the game starts. If you want that time to stratagize about who's going mid? Don't check and you get the normal amount of time.
Original Post
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=92620

7) Character Profiles

What is it?
A "profile" AKA a combination of all your preferences and places them at your disposal in the lobby.
What value does it add?
Want to click your character and not worry about runes or the way that your masteries are the way you want them? Just create a preference profile that contains 1) Character 2) Masteries 3) Runes 4) Summoner Spells. Just click the profile that you wish to play as and then all those are already set up. You can of course still tweak things if you notice that you need to do so because of your team makeup.
How would it work?
When looking at your summoner profile you could have the option to Create/Modify/Delete character profiles. They have you set a character, masteries, runes, and summoner spells. You can then just select these in game. THIS IS NOT PER CHARACTER. This is better. Want to have a profile for both Support Kayle and AP Kayle? Done. Perhaps a Tank Nunu and another profile for AP Nunu? Done. Whatever your cup of tea is, this covers it.
Original Post
I stole this from a bunch of different threads and I really don't feel like trying to find all the threads right now

8) Exact Cooldown Display
What is it?
The exact time left on a cool down displayed on the skill/buff/item
What value does it add?
Allows for more precise timing and coordination on ganks and laning.
How would it work?
On the cooldown, in addition to having the little timer-like looking blue cooldown meter, overplayed on top of that is the exact time left on the cooldown. This option can be disabled in the "Interface Options" menu item.
Original Post
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=97330

9) Dedicated Consumable Slot
What is it?
A 7th Item slot that can only be filled by a consumable
What value does it add?
Allows the player to still purchase a consumable, even when they have all their end-game items. Need a ward but you have all 6 of your epic items? Done. Need an extra Agi pot? Done.
How would it work?
A 7th item slot that could only be filled by a consumable. 'Nuff said
Original Post
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=96386

10) Combat Log

What is it?
A log that shows how the battle has gone, who has dealt what damage and how much they did.
What value does it add?
So, you're walking along in the jungle, all of a sudden you see a red bar and next thing you know, you've blown all your summoner skills just to get away with about 10 HP. Or perhaps you're in a lane and that freakin' Mord/Gankplank/Ryze jump you and take away half your HP with a single skill? What the hell hit you so hard!? Well the combat log will show you this. It shows how much damage people have done to you if you didn't die.
How would it work?
Again, I look to WoW, work it like a chat log toggle. Just switch to it and you can see how much damage has been dealt. Maybe make it a separate window and you could use. See 2) on more about acutally making the UI usable
Original Post
This is the original post as far as I can tell

I think that this wraps up the Top 10 UI addons and changes. Comment / Take Credit for your suggestion, I will update this if other great ideas come up. Enjoy!

CloudCultist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-22-2010

i agree with everyone of these. I want the UI Editor to include a mini map size changer. The Minimap is more like a Medium Map or something due to it taking up a large portion of the screen.

The Mors

04-22-2010

Agreed with all, especially #4. I hate being on the top team, i find it puts me at a disadvantage if I play a character like Ezreal who is dependent on skill shots.

Sharpblades

Recruiter

04-23-2010

Good job !(:

R3coiler

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-23-2010

Thanks for collecting these and doing the write-up. I'd look forward to every single one of these.

FinickyFlame

04-23-2010

Quote:
7) More rune pages / "Reset Runes"
Maybe we could buy extra page in store.

Nice post, thx to you

Pyrolistical

04-23-2010

A better idea to masteries page and more rune pages is "a mastery and rune page for each hero".

BroForgotnglory

04-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrolistical View Post
A better idea to masteries page and more rune pages is "a mastery and rune page for each hero".
while in theory that would be nice, in reality it would cause several problems. Furthermore, why would players need a specific page per character, i can tell you right now, that if i'm playing a tank, more often then naught, my masteries and runes are going to look exactly the same no matter which tank i pick.

Zantroz

04-23-2010

Needs to be a votekick, incase someone is just purposely feeding to lower their ELO. Sadly it happens more often than you'd think.

Sometimes it's better to be 4v5 than 4v5+1 on purpose feeder

fmwyso

Recruiter

04-23-2010

I think Riot should really consider these as I think they are very big player-removers as they get frustrated with these various things.

1234511 ... 14