[Guide] Soraka "The Great Benefactor"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dragonk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-20-2010

So after a short break her this is my sixth guide. So heres the guide http://itsnothax.com/?page_id=1208.Of course I'm always looking for feedback. Let's try to avoid flaming, please keep it constructive. Thanks for reading =D.

Disclaimer: This guide covers two build that I often use for Soraka. This guide is based on my personal experience with Soraka and what I have found effective, it does not express "the best build" or only build you should use for Soraka, just my personal preferences. There are many other builds for Soraka that are not included in my guide. If you feel anything in this guide needs to be removed, improved, or changed please let me know in a constructive manner. Thank you for reading.

Ęzeal

04-20-2010

I don't play her myself, but my friend does and we always lane together.

I don't see why you max Infuse first. It is useful, but generally you should either level AB if your lane needs the healing, or Infuse if you aren't getting harassed. Also, what do you think about Soul Shroud? A CDR and MP/5 aura, as well as some survivability. This is a much better guide than other Soraka guides I've seen, but don't underestimate healing.

Edit: Lol, didn't notice you had 2 item builds. They both seem pretty sound. What do you do think about flat CDR runes? With a full page, you only need SS to reach the cap, leaving space and money for more AP items, or Auras if no one on your team is getting them.

Dragonk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-20-2010

Full cooldown is certainly viable especially early leaving room for AP items later on. I still recommend covering your health and mana before getting fully invest in AP. For me AP runes are your friend early game and always useful for Wish so I do prefer them over on my quints and cover some of my blues with cooldown reduction and the rest with mana regen and a little AP. I feel like a full page is maybe a bit overboard but for Sora it can certainly work.

wildfire393

04-20-2010

Locket only really shines when you rush it.

Deathfire seems iffy on Soraka as you won't have enough AP to make its active be a huge nuke, and you're already stacking to the cap on CDR.
Ditto Zhonya's ring, as you don't have enough AP to make the passive really worth the price.
If you want AP items, I suggest Archangel's Staff (with as much as you spam spells and your high mana pool, it gives upwards of 100 AP for a relatively low price, plus keeps you in mana for Wish and Astral Blessing), Abyssal Scepter (provides an aura to support the team, MR for tankiness, and a solid amount of AP), and Rylai's Crystal Scepter (provides

You don't list masteries.

On your runes, AP is never really worthwhile, because it's so minor. Get HP in your quints so you're less squishy early, and CDR in Blues.

Skill build looks good, it's exactly what I do.

Also, multiple healers can help the team. Having Taric, Allistar, and Soraka on one team means you can walk up and knock down a turret under enemy team fire, no problem.

Also, for summoner spells, consider Rally and/or Clairvoyance, they are both very helpful on Soraka.

Dragonk

04-20-2010

Deathfire Grasp helps add to nuking through its passive, adds AP, mana regen, and cooldown reduction which is everything that Sora needs.

As for Archangel's Staff I think that its overkill for Soraka's mana pool and mana regen. Zhonya's Ring cost about the same and gives more AP but is all Soraka needs at that point (outlined in the guide). Rylai's Scepter works well I may add as an alternative to Zhonya's or Deathfire Grasp.

I never list masteries because they are almost entirely subjective. Obviously Offense doesn't work well for Sora but I may consider it in the future. I am considering changing teammates part a bit but I find the more healers the more crippling it is when they are countered by heal reduction debuff. There are some situations where it does work I very well I suppose but really gimps offense (you may live but you can't kill anything).

The reason I didn't include Rally is because I heard it was changed, it will no longer AoE heal.

JustDavid

04-20-2010

I have a question. Does spirit visage only incresaes the healing of yourself, or does it increase the amount your heals heal?

Good guide otherwise. I pretty much agree with everything.

@ the infuse vs AB: Infuse gives free mana, and has a noticeable silence duration (helpful against fiddles). It could be a preference, but I like maxing infuse better.

Dragonk

04-20-2010

Hey David, I believe Spirit Visage increases healing received meaning only heals and health regeneration on Soraka are increased 25% not her actual abilities.

Dragonk

04-21-2010

So I hoped this helped a few people who were looking for an up to date Sora guide.

Dragonk

05-26-2010

I added a video that gives some tips on how to play Soraka http://itsnothax.com/?page_id=1208. Feedback appreciated.

Taste

05-27-2010

First off let me apologize, as I am at work, and this is rushed....

I dont know if I agree with your build aspects 100%. I dont think DFG is viable on Soraka, even though it adds CD reduc+ Mana Regen, and some burst.... I think Runes should take care of the mana regen, and cool downs, to take advantage of some of the passives that other items give.

Whenever I play soraka, my priority is always make sure the carry doesnt die, and to silence their cc, or dmg output. Also I rush Intervating locket. even with a 3 second cool down... when you're spamming starfall You're gaining 150 hp + 60 mana every 9 seconds for free, not only for yourself, but for your entire team. Early to midgame this makes a huge differnce, as the dmg output of enemies... Also I feel Rylai's is a much better item for survivablity + AP to increase your Star Fall/heal output. And that the only boots you should ever purchase are treads, or tabi....(fyi boots of mobility only give a +2 to movement speed during combat, if you're seeking mobility when it matters it is better to use boots of swiftness 0_0) As you will constantly, and respectably should be the focus in team fights. Other Items I would consider would be Aegis, To add to your role as a support character.(Also Aegis combines well with her passive. Guardian Angel, To stay alive, and more importantly keep your team alive. Frozen Heart isnt a bad item for the passive. either is soul shroud. I think one of the most unique things about soraka is her ability to be a good hero quickly with little gold. Allowing the dedicated purchase of wards. (aka Map Control)

A more math oriented view of Soraka w/ locket+Rylais
150/2 seconds+(AB at lvl 1)80 = 230
Now obviously at higher levels your heal will increase dramaticly
With Rylais you add +71 hp to your base heal. Giving you a total of 301 (assuming your heal is level 1
AB maxed would wield a 150/2+300+71 from ap = 521 hp. Which is pretty significant

Wish at level 1 would yield 150/2+250 = 400 at Level 1
And 150/2+550+120(from ap of rylai) for a total of 820 0_0;;;

Combined with the spam of starfall, You are a healing, rejuvinating machine, since it also gives mana! If you brough Aegis, Then you also buff for + 25 Magic Resist (a Null-Mantle for everyone on your team who is near you. ) and +18 Armor, making your enemies less affective, and giving your team mates a small dmg output buff. Not only that you are lowering there magic resist with starfall while healing your team. And if you have Rylais providing some form of CC via Slow, and if you were to just go locket + Aegis + boots. You have a cost effective build for a total is 5575.... The Main purpose being spam the ef out of your passives :-), and providing map control via wards and sight.

Once again I am sorry for how rushed, disorganized, and the terrible grammer, and spelling.... But just some insight to think about :-)