looking for feedback on how I play Taric

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Changief

04-20-2010

Mmm.. soon.. Taric's days are numbered..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SPL22

04-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changief View Post
Mmm.. soon.. Taric's days are numbered..

I am really surprised that they are taking that out. However, Imbue is getting a buff (decreasing cooldown and increasing healing amount). Maybe the better route after the patch will be to go the attack speed/cooldown reduction on taric (for every attack it reducse the cooldown by 2 seconds). If you can do 3 attacks in 2 seconds, that will reduce the cooldown by 6 seconds. The max rank cooldown I think is going to be 12 seconds. That would make you be able to cast imbue every 6 seconds. *added* Forgot about cooldown redeuction. Add into that the cooldown reduction which if 30% reduction of 12 seconds would be 8.4 seconds. If you can get your attack speed to 1.5 then you will be able to reduce your heal to 2.4 seconds.

How about a build of
@850 gold -Chalice
@1200 gold -Merc Boots
@1250 gold -Spirit Visage
@2550 gold -Stark's Fervor (+20 attack speed, aura)
@2885 gold -Nashor's Tooth (+50 attack speed, cooldowns by 25%)

from there you can go a few different routes for your last item. It is also not too expensive of a list.

IRT Morinav,

I understand what you are saying about ignite. However, I don't think the kill(s) that I could get with ignite hurts our carries. Most of the time the kills I get are kills the carry would not get anyways because the target is going back to his tower and we really can not tower dive between levels 1-5.

I used to use Fortify and cleanse/flash.

Fortify is only really good if you have the improved fortify (splash damage). I use fortify when I play Blitzcrank. I pull someone on the tower, hit with my fist pop improved fortify. Without it, it will not kill the creep wave completely. When I use the non-improved fortify, it seemed like It would slow their dps on the tower but they still would get some hits in on it once fortify ended because a portion of the creep wave would still be there. Also I don't think Fortify is worth anything in late game where as ignite in late game still has a purpose to limit the healing done to your teams dps target along with some damage.

I stopped using flash because I heard that was going to be reworked/removed per a thread on the forums. I wanted to get ahead of the game and get used to not using it. Cleanse, I would use but after using it will not save me in a fight. Too many champions that can out run me or snare me after I use it. I only found it usefull if I had a damage over time effect on me and there are really not many champions with dots.

I am going to give clarvoyance and clarity a try tonight and see how that works for me.

I again appreciate the feedback and input.