some help with kassadin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

uldin

04-20-2010

Hey guys, i was just wondering if you could help me out with Kassadin. I really like his play style but i dont know exactly how to build him i.e runes, masteries, and items. Thanks in advance

Vindico Atrum

04-20-2010

Go for 9/0/21 Masteries, getting the 15% magic pen in offense, and right down to the bottom in utility.

I'm still building my rune page, but the plan is

3 Greater Quintessence Of Force (23.22 AP @ lvl 18)
9 Greater Seals Of Clarity (16.2Mana/5 @ lvl 18)
9 Greater Glyph Of Clarity (12.96Mana/5 @ lvl 18)
9 Greater Mark of Insight (8.55 Magic Pen)

Items I always start with +3 mana/5 regen item, 2 HP pots, 2 Mana pots and a sight ward. Your milage may vary here

Turn the mana regen thing into a tear.

Tear>SorcBoots>Guise

Thats your absolute core IMO. That + the runes gives 48 magic pen, which means your **** HURTS. Alot of people don't even buy more MR, so your stuff does 100% damage on them!

After that, turn the Tear into the big thing that gives 2% mana > AP, then grab a Rylais, HP item first, the two AP, then combine.

After that, I'd for for Banshees. You have all the offense you need with Archangels/Sorc/Guise/Rylais, plenty of health and mana, plenty of mana regen. Banshees gives more HP/Mana and the spellblock, which is always good for a melee mage.

The key in fights is simple. Don't hang about. Rift in after your team has gone in, blow your blasts on their carry or mage, rift around to cause chaos. Your cone blast has a very small cooldown, blow that every 5 seconds. Try and keep your rifts down, they increase in cost ALOT. I usually rift 3/4 times at most in a teamfight, along with multiple blasts and silencing their mages. That'll burn through 2k mana in no time, so be careful. With that amount of Magic pen, and some AP, you're blasts hurt, and your teleports hurt, so if your team is competant, you'll win the fights.

Chasing is easy as piss, you probably already figured that. Slow them down with your immense slow, rift infront of them, silence whenever you can, and keep hitting for the mana steal.

Also, skill leveling -

1Q
2E
3Q
4E
5Q
6R
7Q
8E
9Q (Maxed)
10E
11R
12E (Maxed)
13W
14W
15W
16R (Maxed)
17W
18W

The mana steal just doesn't steal much until you hit that 2.5k Mana Annie later on, so leave it out and focus on hurting people.

EDIT -

I'm like you. I love his style, his concept, his looks, his ultimate is godly. Don't expect massive amounts of ownage unless they feed you. My job in the team is to cause havoc, which I do better than just about any other champion. You CAN and WILL get kills on runners, low HP champs who get hit by your AoE's and the squishies which can rape from 100% > 0% because of your insane chasing. You'll probably never see a 2x/x/1x Kassadin, because he's a mage. Even still, he's rare, so enjoy him, and watch as people struggle to deal with him.

My last 4 results with Kass are -

7/3/9 (win)
2/2/2 (Loss)
8/2/8 (win)
1/1/3 (win - The enemy had a DC and 2 rage quitters, so we just steamrolled mid at about 18 mins in 5v2 and won, thats why its all so low).

Nothing amazing, but I'm effective in my job, and he's a purple darth vader, what's not to love.

Zeero

04-20-2010

Runes: Magic Pen Red, Dodge Yellows, Mana/lvl@18 blues.

Starting Items: Sapphire Crystal + 2 HP pots

First trip back: Boots > Catalyst

Second trip back: Banshee's Veil (if you can) > Merc Treads (if CC heavy) or Mobility

Third trip back: Mejai's

From there you can build a rylai's, archangel's, RoA, basically any items that add survivability and some AP. I actually really like getting Frozen Heart on Kassadin as well.

Catalyst is pretty much a must have imo. Kassadin burns through a lot of mana very quickly if you allow yourself to and that bonus each time you level is HUGE to keep him in the lane and harrassing well.

I mostly play kassadin on TT and tend to do very well with him. He has the mobility required for TT, he has burst, and he is a strong character in small fights. I think that he has a much larger need for HP and Mana on TT than he does on SR however. That is why I typically rush catalyst before worrying about any AP items.

TwoFatNuts

Adjudicator

04-20-2010

My 2cents:

Obsession has a good build but IMO its really bogged down with mana regen items. If you are able to get clarity as a summoner spells you can pretty much cast non-stop without any regen at all. Furthermore, if you focus on magic pen runes and items, theres really no point in getting a void staff. The way penetration is calculated makes it barely negate any resist unless they are stacking MR like crazy.

I like Zeero's build alot more. Focusing on early survival and then Ap/magic damage, although I would wait until later in the game (level 12+) before you upgrade the catalyst into anything.

Aside from these few disagreements these guys are spot on. Just try to hang back and farm as much as possible and nuke when you can, without taking any damage. Kass is squishy as hell.

The most important Kass tip you will ever get:

NEVER RIFT-WALK INTO A TEAM FIGHT. NEVER

OmniOblivion

04-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoFatNuts View Post
My 2cents:

Obsession has a good build but IMO its really bogged down with mana regen items. If you are able to get clarity as a summoner spells you can pretty much cast non-stop without any regen at all. Furthermore, if you focus on magic pen runes and items, theres really no point in getting a void staff. The way penetration is calculated makes it barely negate any resist unless they are stacking MR like crazy.

I like Zeero's build alot more. Focusing on early survival and then Ap/magic damage, although I would wait until later in the game (level 12+) before you upgrade the catalyst into anything.

Aside from these few disagreements these guys are spot on. Just try to hang back and farm as much as possible and nuke when you can, without taking any damage. Kass is squishy as hell.

The most important Kass tip you will ever get:

NEVER RIFT-WALK INTO A TEAM FIGHT. NEVER
The only mana regen I would get for Kass is a Chalice. Then I would focus on a "Catalyst" item (Rod of Ages/Veil) to increase his HP/Mana.

I've learned never to initiate with Kassadin. 99% of the time you do: you WILL get focused down.