Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Help] Jungle Lee Sin, Ganking and Invasion Tips?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anshin

07-13-2011

I really love Jungle Lee Sin, and I've been using Stonewall's Jungle Path (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oCabfn8d58) but it seems like junglers these days need to be able to gank around lvsl 2-3; and I don't feel like I'm contributing to the team until around lvl 6. I also am not entirely sure about how and when Lee Sin should be messing around in the enemies jungle, and what some good signs are to deal with the opposing junglers. I know this is highly dependent on what the enemy jungler picks, but any advice would be helpful.

If any fellow Lee Sin junglers could share some of their advice I would appreciate it.

Pathen

07-13-2011

1.)Generally the "early gank" is level 4, coming at about 5 minutes, depending on jungler. Don't gank at 3.
2.) Max your E first. You need all the slow you can get.
3.) Lee Sin is a control jungler, but not a counter-jungler. Before you go into your enemie's jungle, clear camps first and check to see if a gank is available.
4.) Generally you need to use the slow from redbuff + the slow from E to hold an enemy for a gank.
5.) If you can't get a kill, that's ok. The point is to force the lane to waste flash/ghost/ults etc. so that your teammate can win the lane more easily.
6.) Because Lee Sin won't be getting as many ganks, he needs a HoG to offset his roam. I recommend getting one after Madred's/boots 1, and before wriggles.

Psyco333

07-13-2011

Jungling Lee sin with me goes E/W/E/Q in leveling and ganking at 4. And although i dont always get the kill i do force return. At lvl 5 i get W tho just cause it makes a big differences to help in team fights. I also usually DONT take ult until 8, as its a gimped headbutt

Boomstick II

07-13-2011

Actually if you have flash Lee's ult is amazing.

Flash in front of them, Q first hit, ult & kick them back, Q to them, then EE (and weave in auto attacks if you're comfortable with it). Your Q ult Q combo will hurt like hell, I promise.

creamfrache

07-14-2011

Quote:
1.)Generally the "early gank" is level 4, coming at about 5 minutes, depending on jungler. Don't gank at 3.
2.) Max your E first. You need all the slow you can get.
3.) Lee Sin is a control jungler, but not a counter-jungler. Before you go into your enemie's jungle, clear camps first and check to see if a gank is available.
4.) Generally you need to use the slow from redbuff + the slow from E to hold an enemy for a gank.
5.) If you can't get a kill, that's ok. The point is to force the lane to waste flash/ghost/ults etc. so that your teammate can win the lane more easily.
6.) Because Lee Sin won't be getting as many ganks, he needs a HoG to offset his roam. I recommend getting one after Madred's/boots 1, and before wriggles.

dont listen to this guy...
lee sin is the most flexible jungler in my experience
havent had too much experience w/ trundle to speak but hes up there too, phoneix udyr too

lee sin can pretty much start anywhere except red i think
which makes it really hard to counterjungle and lets you counterjungle very easily
what i like to do if i know they start at blue is to take dbl golem>wraith>wolves and then grab Q and walk over to their red, they should be fairly low and red should either be done or at low hp, there youll either smite steal or just kill him
might not work against a faster jungler, but that hasnt happened to me yet
or you can just steal wraith/dbl golem camp, its one or the other if you start w/ vamp scepter
not sure if you can take both w/ cloth armor + 2pots+ward

if they start @ w/ vamp scepter, you can start @ dbl golem preferably w/ leash and then steal their blue although its very risky

you only skip Q at lvl 3 if there is no way in hell youre ganking
it slows you down couple of seconds really
you can even grab Q at lvl 2 and still be fine

DONT MAX OUT E FIRST unless i guess your team really has no type of cc

if you try and counterjungle mid game, always carry wards w/ you
jumping to wards+flash = unkillable

CrownRocks

07-14-2011

I agree you shouldn't max out E first. E is great to start with to jungle, but when you get higher in levels Q and W provide much more utility. I usually will go E>W>E or Q>W>Q>R.

Mess with their jungle if you can. The more you jungle the more you get a feel of how fast or slow the other guy is jungling. I know its common sense, but you should be using wards if you're considering invading the other jungle.

Its fine if you're not ganking constantly if its going to hurt your jungling/leveling. If you are following Stonewall's guide then you should be hitting 6 rather fast.

Jansports

07-14-2011

Lee sin, has a strong level 3 gank if he chooses to. Starting with basicly anyitem, Wolves-Wraiths-Double (pick up Q at 3) gank Bot. This will often force flash or ghost and if you hit B buy cloth and a pot or two do Blue to Red you'll be 5 and back to gank before flash is off CD

His counterjungling strength isn't from the speed he clears camps(Cho Nocturn) But from his slippery-ness. He can get into and out of places unbeleivably fast with Ward hoping. (as a side note I like to buy Roamer boots for Lee Sin because I can and I feel great)

His Ult is the biggest KILL SECURED button avaliable to him. Any slight overextension and its QQ-EE now they slow you run in front of them and R into your laners W over to your friends get your deeps on and Q to chase if need be(you wont)

The hardest part of being Lee Sin is moving. He can move SO MUCH and thats where his ganks are strong, if your teammates aren't cooporative and in places you can hop to it'll turn out less good. If you miss Q its bad, if you aim R wrong ever its sad.

Anshin

07-14-2011

Thanks a lot for your opinions! You guys gave me a lot to think about and I'll have to practice in game to get some of the nuances down.

creamfrache

07-14-2011

someone downvoted my post, can someone explain whats wrong w/ what i said
im not the best lee sin player and i can take criticism

YourSoft

07-14-2011

shield in and e before u try to kick maybe