Taric items

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Agerock

04-19-2010

Hey everyone,

Im just wondering if my item build is effective, or if there is a better strat for it, as a support Taric.

What i do is:

Buy Meki's pendant --> upgrade to chalice

Buy boots --> upgrade to merc boots

Buy either Amplifying tome or Blasting Wand (depending on which i can afford)

Buy Giant's belt ---> upgrade to Rylai's Crystal Scepter

At this point it depends on the game.. If im getting focused on a lot ill pick up some defensive gear, tho i can usually survive well enough without any defensive gear..

otherwise ill pick up either:

Frozen heart or Abyssal Scepter

*I prefer forzen heart tho, for the CD reduction + mana boost

So yea, just wondering if this is good? or if there's a better / cheaper way of getting a good item build? since i know Rylai's scepter is a bit expensive, and usually takes me a little while to buy, since im not making gold off of killing enemy champs that often (plus laning phase is over by now)

Any help / critics is appreciated

ty!

-Agerock

Bjorn

04-19-2010

As far as support Taric goes, you might be better off being the aura carrier. Going for a mana manipulator is a solid choice, or you can grab a health crystal for an aegis. Both end up being great early auras that let you branch out as your team needs. I like to pick up nashor's tooth when i get the chance to help just about everything Taric does. If you prefer to play support/AP though, you might want to try a different core item, maybe a ROA. The slow from Rylai's doesn't really work that well with Taric's spells, basically just shatter really benefits. You'd be better off buying a more cost effective item.

Lidor7

04-20-2010

I also recommend not getting Rylai's. If I'm going heavy support/tank, I usually get Mana Manipulator -> Soul Shroud. Then Mercury Treads, Aegis, then if the game goes long and nobody gets it, Stark's Fervor.

Alternatively, for a more aggressive, squishier Taric, get Meki Pendant -> Nashor's Tooth. Boots, then Rod of Ages and/or Stark's Fervor. Having the extra AP for your shatter really helps Taric's terrible farming.

Agerock

04-20-2010

yea, i've been trying to think of something to get other then Rylai's.. i dont get it for the slow, since i dont need it that much (though it is nice to slow down running enemies, so ur team mates can catch up and nuke him).. the reason i got it was the increased HP and massive AP boost... but its pretty expensive :/
So yea, ty for the info, ill definitely replace that

I may try out an aura build again.. i tried one out the other day, but i found that without my AP items my heal just wasn't cutting it :/