Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Taric items

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Agerock

04-19-2010

Hey everyone,

Im just wondering if my item build is effective, or if there is a better strat for it, as a support Taric.

What i do is:

Buy Meki's pendant --> upgrade to chalice

Buy boots --> upgrade to merc boots

Buy either Amplifying tome or Blasting Wand (depending on which i can afford)

Buy Giant's belt ---> upgrade to Rylai's Crystal Scepter

At this point it depends on the game.. If im getting focused on a lot ill pick up some defensive gear, tho i can usually survive well enough without any defensive gear..

otherwise ill pick up either:

Frozen heart or Abyssal Scepter

*I prefer forzen heart tho, for the CD reduction + mana boost

So yea, just wondering if this is good? or if there's a better / cheaper way of getting a good item build? since i know Rylai's scepter is a bit expensive, and usually takes me a little while to buy, since im not making gold off of killing enemy champs that often (plus laning phase is over by now)

Any help / critics is appreciated

ty!

-Agerock

Bjorn

Recruiter

04-19-2010

As far as support Taric goes, you might be better off being the aura carrier. Going for a mana manipulator is a solid choice, or you can grab a health crystal for an aegis. Both end up being great early auras that let you branch out as your team needs. I like to pick up nashor's tooth when i get the chance to help just about everything Taric does. If you prefer to play support/AP though, you might want to try a different core item, maybe a ROA. The slow from Rylai's doesn't really work that well with Taric's spells, basically just shatter really benefits. You'd be better off buying a more cost effective item.

Lidor7

04-20-2010

I also recommend not getting Rylai's. If I'm going heavy support/tank, I usually get Mana Manipulator -> Soul Shroud. Then Mercury Treads, Aegis, then if the game goes long and nobody gets it, Stark's Fervor.

Alternatively, for a more aggressive, squishier Taric, get Meki Pendant -> Nashor's Tooth. Boots, then Rod of Ages and/or Stark's Fervor. Having the extra AP for your shatter really helps Taric's terrible farming.

Agerock

04-20-2010

yea, i've been trying to think of something to get other then Rylai's.. i dont get it for the slow, since i dont need it that much (though it is nice to slow down running enemies, so ur team mates can catch up and nuke him).. the reason i got it was the increased HP and massive AP boost... but its pretty expensive :/
So yea, ty for the info, ill definitely replace that

I may try out an aura build again.. i tried one out the other day, but i found that without my AP items my heal just wasn't cutting it :/