AS/AP Kennen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ninja Juice

04-19-2010

Alright I've see a lot of peeps complaining about Kennen, and I'd figured I'd throw this out there because I've had a ton of success. Ibase my Kennen around AP, cool down reduction, and some attack speed. I lvl W>Q>E because the passive on doubles nice and it's a solid nuke. Q next because it is good for clearing grass and adding marks or getting that needed stun. E last because you are to squishy early game to blitz in.

Runes, I do AP, CD reduction, and Atk Spd.

Items:
Haunting Guise: (little HP and spammable ninja skills)
Boots (always pick def boots depending on opponents)
Stinger (Helps W stack marks faster and more CD so you can spam those energy driven skills)
Rylai's Crystal scpeter (HP which is needed, snare is amazing for chasing fools down, solid AP boost)
Guinsoo's Rageblade (more AS/AP built fast do to spamming abilities, solid hybrid stats)

From there if there is still time:
Void Staff: Tanks with resist
or
Zhonya's Ring: for nuking madness
or
Abyssal Scepter: If other team is caster heavy.

The concept behind this build is focused around the little squirts ability to stun and the fact that he has quick regenerating energy as opposed to mana. The upped AS means you are stacking marks and doing good base dmg, the AP despite the whiney critics scales decent and will give you the ability to finish peeps off. The CD reduction means that you can keep pushing out the hurt. The AS stacked with CD reduction means you should be stunning everything around you non-stop. Your DMG isn't quite as good as Pure AP or AS but it's decent enough to go 1v1 with a lot and do some serious AoE hurt after you just stunned the whole opposing team.

Tactics, harass, harass, harass....

You die quick early game so stack marks, stun and let a buddy eat their lunch. "E" is amazing for escapes--use it. Endgame your no tank but you can take a hit, and you stun so freaking much that you barley get hit if your smart. Grass is your friend, hide, Lighting rush out, smoke them with surge, then stun with thundering, then start chucking stars like it's your job. You will lock people down with borderline OP results. Got a big crowd? hide in grass, Lighting out after tank initiates, hit surge then pop the ult. Boom whole opposing team is stunned and taking some nasty DMG. If you have a fiddle/gangplank on your team, time your ults together. Mass Stun plus a fiddle ult will have the other team punching their monitors.

Above all remember you are 3 feet tall, and your a flippin Ninja. Be elusive and attack from the shadows or behind then run, rinse and repeat as necessary.

Good Luck fellow ninjas!

Ninja Juice

04-19-2010

Edit: Sorry Spell Vamp on Guise not more CD reduction. It's nice for draining big grps of creeps and not having to "B" as much. Magic Pen is self explanatory on a mage esque charater.

Seirai

04-19-2010

Cool, I agree with various parts of your build but I've had a lot of success (maybe due to laning with a premade cooperative partner) with a boots -> mejai (optional) -> masking guise -> pure AP equips and maybe a Rylai's or Rod of Ages build. Also, I've screwed around with the skill builds for quite a bit, but I would advise focusing your W because it is spammable, has heavy range, is great for finishing hitting enemy champions, and assists with both pushing back creep, farming, and harassing/stunning.

Kymera3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-20-2010

I agree with most. And why would you get a rod of ages (talking to Tetriando) you dont need mana so its kinda useless in my opinion.
To come back to youre build i like to start with dorans shield and a health potion. Gives you good HP, bit of armor and some hp regen.
Then i got to Haunting guise
Boots
rylai's i always like to start slowing down ppl at low lvls
Then i go zhonias or guinoos depending on how the game going but i do get both.
then ill sell dorans shield and buy nashors tooth wich needs stinger, give good att speed some AP and CD