Poppy, am I doing this right?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oso el Oso

04-19-2010

Ok here is the situation, In my last game I was accused of being "greedy" and "overly aggressive" because I was hitting my ult and going my love for you is like a truck BERSERKER! when I got tired of both teams ****ing around in skirmish mode. This usually resulted in some 4 kill 0 death trades, and a few 3 kill 1 death trades (one was mine, the other time it happened was because Yi got jealous of my Russian metal skills and charged in first) Now I'm not an ultra experienced Poppy player, but isn't that kind of what she is supposed to do. I always tried to setup up angles for stuns on high threat champions, if I couldn't get that I would try and make nice with their strongest carry, failing that I would try and flank and push a squishy into the scrum. Yet I was constantly getting hounded for it. I ended 4-3-12, not the best effort, but it seemed like I was effective.

I also have another question about item build, I typically I do this

Mana Crystal, x2 health pots
Sheen+Rank 1 Boots
Phage
Rank 2 boots (usually merc treads, unless there team is full of physical whoop ass
Zeal => Triforce

at this point I kind of go blank, I know that if it's a heavy caster team a banshee veil is normally a good idea, but aside from that I have no clue what works well for Poppy. I am trying to build her to be a bursty initiator with some semblance of survival, but past triforce I really don't know what's really effective for her.

cycoconutz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-19-2010

all in all you're doing it right from the looks of it, ignore your raging teammate.

after triforce is usually a flexible item b/c that's all she needs to be sittin good. i run ninja tabi + phantom dancer (TT build) so i start building phantom after i build tri. the extra dodge is nice and the movespeed is my bread n butter on her.

Oso el Oso

04-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycoconutz View Post
all in all you're doing it right from the looks of it, ignore your raging teammate.

after triforce is usually a flexible item b/c that's all she needs to be sittin good. i run ninja tabi + phantom dancer (TT build) so i start building phantom after i build tri. the extra dodge is nice and the movespeed is my bread n butter on her.
Awesome thanks for the response, I want to try her on TT, but seeing as I've played about 50 SR matches, and have only bot stomped on TT in practice it's a bit intimidating. I'd imagine she has a field day on the stuns with the narrow lanes.

FeLpZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-19-2010

would you like to suck my ****?

o and your getting your boots way too lat.e

ammayhem

04-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage QQ View Post
Awesome thanks for the response, I want to try her on TT, but seeing as I've played about 50 SR matches, and have only bot stomped on TT in practice it's a bit intimidating. I'd imagine she has a field day on the stuns with the narrow lanes.
I play her on TT all the time. She kicks butt there. Used to go boots and Starks, but Triforce is a better idea. Though I have been playing with getting Starks after Triforce, or at least Emblem of Valor for some health regen and lifesteal. Other things I have had work well: Guinsoo's Rageblade and Last Whisper. I don't get much passed Triforce on TT because matches are shorter.

EmbraceThePain

04-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage QQ View Post
She is great on TT. I usually build her AD, haven't really tried Tri builds or anything. But yeah, she is fun on TT. Give it a try.

Bluff

04-19-2010

For Poppy I figure the longer you stay in the fight the better right? So I start with Ruby Crystal (play her on TT mostly) and rush to enemy bush for gank.

For runes I like +97 hp quints, +18 armor pen marks, +6.8% dodge seals, and -5.85% cd reduction glyphs
Summoner spells Exhaust / Cleanse
Masteries 9/21/0
Offense: 3-Deadliness, 1-Cripple, 4-Sorcery, +1 Archaic Knowledge
Defense: 3-Resistance, 3-Hardiness, 1-Strength of Spirit, 4-Evasion, 1-Nimbleness, 3-Harden Skin, 4-Veteran's Scars, 1-Willpower, 1-Tenacity

For items I rush phage and merc treads/ninja tabi. Triforce, then whatever defensive item you need. I like banshee's veil, or guardian angel. After that some more dodge with phantom dancer is always nice, or if there is Jax get a SotD.

Basically your goal is to stay in the fight and deal as many Devastating Blows as possible.

Saavedra

04-20-2010

I'm telling you for the last time, quit calling me Poppy. I hardly knew your mother.