[Guide] Sivir, Death Blade

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DJTK

05-03-2010

Since this focuses on AP it seems, I'm gonna have to say no to this guide. It's terrible and does not focus on what she is truly capable of doing.

I would suggest going over your guide and revising it. For instance, you say Ricochet drains your mana. It does not. BB is what drains your mana. Ricochet is a minor mana drain that won't affect your mana much at all. Boomerang Blade on the other hand, will drain your mana quite fast. You DO NOT want to use your BB as a farming tool until you can have the mana pool/mana regen to be able to back up using it.

Further more, it takes quite a bit to be able to predict when someone will use a spell and Spell Shield will not block everything. https://www.leagueoflegends.com/boar...d.php?p=638519 Refer to this thread to see what can be blocked and what can't be.

But yea, overall, terrible guide. I would not recommend this guide to any new Sivir player. It would only confuse them.

Slide

05-03-2010

OK Im back with a scalpel and clamps. Lets get at this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tocak22 View Post
Has anyone noticed Sivir being played like a damage *****? Like that she is strong. Very. But is there another way to even more ownage with her? After all, she has so many options that people fail to see this.
Sivir is whats non as an off carry or a support carry. She is used to support your main carry both through buffing them and increasing your teams pushing ability so you and your team can get at enemy towers as quickly as possible.

Trying to make her ANY sort of killer is full of fail. The one and only reason this is true is due to the fact that if you want to make a killer, ANY other DPS'er will be more powerful.

Quote:
Her abilities are wired to be played full scale attack. Ricochet and damage makes heroes wonder why they died when Sivir wasn't even hitting them. Funny thing.

No, her abilities are wired to SUPPORT your team. She does good AoE damage and comes with the best team buff in the game. You do not understand how ricochet works and so you have come up with this flawed startegy. We will get to that though. Secondly, only noobs wonder why they take damage from ricochet. Any idiot can see them nailing you and more importantly, any decent player knows exactly what is happening.

Quote:
So this is a guide to playing Sivir as a hybrid version, but the dominant part is AP. Ponder on that for a while. I won't write long, just the goodies.
FAIL. Rule of Thumb: If a champion has only 1 ability that scales from AP, they DO NOT make good AP champs. They dont even make good hybrid champs. They just flat out dont get enough effect from the gold you spend on AP.

Quote:
Masteries
I will leave you to whatever masteries you want, but only underline the following:

Arhaic Knowledge
(Your spells penetrate 15% of target's magic resistance)
Havoc (Increases your physical damage and magic damage by 5%)
Ardor (Increases your champion's ability power and attack speed by 0.66%, and an increasing amount summing to an additional 0.66% at level 18)
Strength of Spirit (Increases your champion's health regeneration by 0.3% of your maximum mana)
Awareness (Increases the amount of experience your champion gains by 5%)

Choose whatever build you want, however it is you want. Those above are good ones to build Sivir as fast as possible, have her withdraw most of the ability as she can to ruin the other team's day. My mastery build is 10/7/13, and has most of what each tree can offer without taking any ultimate.
I already knew you were doing a fail AP build so Im not suprised to see Archaic Knowledge. Waste of a point. BB is only good damage VS enemy champions early game (even if you stak AP) and the 15% penetration will amount to nothing early game. Its only really effective when people stack MR.

Nothing wrong with the others (though youd have to be really dumb to take Strength of Spirit over dodge, Sivir has a small mana pool and extra dodge as her passive).

Obviously this isnt a mastery build, its just your suggestions. At this point I am starting to believe you are not only low ELO but also low Level. Anyone who is level 30 knows just how important a proper mastery build and rune page is. They make a HUGE difference.

That being said, aside from strength of spirit and archaic knowledge, the recommendations arent bad. Sivir can be played with various mastery setups although ALWAYS with 9 in defence (for increased dodge and 10% MS on dodge). Personally I like 9/21/0. 21/9/0 is also viable as is 0/9/21 and 0/21/9.

Quote:
Runes
Idk, don't care really. Neither should you; but if you really want to know what could work good, get some mana, ability power and more gold each 10 seconds. If you want overall build for Sivir, without thinking AP or AD, grab some cooldown reduction instead of mana.
More ultra noob cooments. Runes are VERY important and can make or break a build. I do have to say though that gold over 10 runes are THE WORST runes you can use. They are 100 fold worse on Sivir, the best farmer in the game. 1 gold every 10 seconds. 6 gold a minute. 300ish gold in a LONG game. Yeah, thats worth your quint spots you noob. On a champ that has no problem getting gold.

Quote:
Spell Level Up
Boomerang Blade 1
Spell Shield 2
Boomerang Blade 3
Spell Shield 4
Boomerang Blade 5
On The Hunt 6
Hey thats good noob. Most ultra noobs swear by ricochet early game. However, you are wrong on spellshield. You need one level of it in almost every situation. No more. You need to start putting points into ricochet so its at a decent level when it comes time to use it (mid game).

Quote:
Continue until you have Boomerang Blade and Spell Shield maxed, and take ulti when you can. Save Ricochet for late game, when you will kill all the creeps just by hitting the tower.
Only smart thing youve said so far. Yes, Sivir turns on ricochet when attacking towers to annihilate incomming creep waves. Unfortunately your noob and dont realise that she should be doing this as of mid game (level 10) and you want at least 3 in ricochet by then in order to make it worthwhile. If you max spellshield before taking any ricoche you will be useless as of midgame.
Quote:
Game!!!
Now an important step... relax. Its a picnic, and Sivir has the basket full of blades your enemies will consume with gusto. Start mid if you can, lane is good too. I listen to Hakuna-Matata from timon and pumba when I'm playing Sivir. Funny and relaxing.
This is just a complete waste of space in the guide. Considering how much information you left out and how little explaining you did, im kinda pissed you wasted time writing this.

Quote:
Grab a Sapphire Crystal and a Health potion. Start throwing the blade and don't get ricochet, at this level its worthless and only wastes your mana. Learn to really anticipate enemy spell cast so you can laugh at them when you activate Spell Shield. Don't forget that if the enemy cast the spell and you turn the shield half way on, it won't work. It has to be activated split-second before. And when the shield works, it gives you back mana. Awesome! Once you learn to use it, you can actually cheerleader dance infront of enemies when you have no mana, pissing them off so they will cast a spell. Say thank you, and give them the blade as gratitude.
Saphire crystal? I already know your going for a bad build but thats just stupid. BB costs a LOT of mana to use. Because of this we need to fix Sivirs mana regen ASAP. Its why chalice is by far the best item for her to get early. In combination with clarity runes (or utility tree) you can spam all your skills and not worry about going OOM. This is essential to playing Sivir as early game BB is very strong and you want to use its power to put off enemy champions as well as farm and push. The combination of BB and chalice is what gives Sivir her early game advantage.

Quote:
Use Boomerang Blade in a straight line when the creeps are coming, in order to catch all of them both ways, dealing most damage. This is the way of the Sivir, you clear the path so you can smack towers with ease.
Glad you didnt screw up the easiest and most obvious way to use this skill!

Quote:
Farm gold around as well, gather 3300-4000 gold late game if you can, until level 10 or sooner.
Late game is not level 10. By level 11 you should be able to farm 4700 gold. This gets you your chalice, merc treads and starks. Chalice you should have by level 4. Boots at 6 and starks completed at 11.

Quote:
If you do, grab Rylai's Crystal Scepter and Boots.
You have 1 ability that works with Rylais. It will use the 15% slow, has a 9 second cooldown and a 0.75 AP ratio. For this, you spend a rediculous amount of money? Thats absurd. You have no mana regen, no damage, once you pick this up all you can do is throw your BB every 9 seconds. Thats it. Seriously, whats a 15% slow for 1.5 seconds going to do, NOTHING. Against decent players it wont even guarantee you land the second part of BB. Im, sure it works great against noobs though. Of course, everything does.

Quote:
If team has alot of stuns and slows, grab a pair of Mercury Treads.
Just always get merc treads. Thats the advice that should be given. If your in game and dont know whether or not you can go with a different pair of boots, then go merc treads.

Quote:
If they don't, Berserk's Greaves or Sorceror's Shoes work fine.
Zerker greaves is doable, if your stomping and will be able to end the game quickly. Whether your playing against noobs, or the other team had a leaver, whatever the case, you get zerker boots when your stomping and thats it.

Sorc Shoes. Ugh. So again, your going to fork out money for 20 spellpen when you have only a single source of magic damage. Waste of money. Youd be better off with ANY other boots.

Quote:
Now you are transformed into Sivir, Death Blade.
Really? So your definition of "Death Blade" is an easylly dodged nuke that slows for 15% and does mediocre damage. Scratch that, if you manage to get what you listed early enough, I have no doubt its a deathblade....against noobs. Any decent player will laugh at your "death Blade" as it only does half damage to them and most people dont even notice a 1.5 second slow. Nevermind 15%.

Basically your now in mid game with a mediocre nuke and NOTHING else going for you, not even the mana regen to spam your one and only mediocre nuke.

Quote:
You can start to seriously gank now, especially in lanes where your team suffers the most.
No you cant. You have one mediocre nuke. You wont be ganking anyone. Nor should you be, you should be heading off to push the first towers in the side lanes (after having knocked your over, oh wait, you didnt knock your over? Of course you didnt noob, you bought a rylais first and its buildup left you powerless while you made it.

You go to lanes where your teamates are doing well first, knock down the tower as your closer to it. This will make the enemy team come to that lane. Too late though as tower is down and your heading off to the other lane to push.

Quote:
Show up as a rock star, toss the blade and clear the path, bringing shiver into enemy's spine because of the scepter.
Rock star? Ok yeah, sure. Shiver in enemies spine? Thats just a graphic my nooby friend, no one gives a **** about your Rylais BB.

Quote:
Rylai's Scepter makes your Boomerang Blade slow enemies by 15% because its multi-target spell both ways. Enough time for you to cast On the Hunt and push 2-3 towers with your team.
Well at least your aware. So your 15% slow from rylais, that lasts 1.5 seconds is going to let you push 2-3 towers......without any damage. Demonstrating your lack of understanding of LoL is NO way to write a guide. Only the biggest nooblets in LoL would let you push more then one tower without responding. And I guarantee you that if you only have a rylais, they arent going to be scared ofyou at all and will be rushing to kill you.

Quote:
Continue bringing the grim reaper to weddings and farm some more gold. Grab the Ancient Golem and Lizard's buff whenever possible.
OMG so not only are you using a TERRIBLE build but your stealing much needed buffs from champions who REALLY need them? My god your a noob. Sivir doesnt need the rune buffs. Leave lizard for your ganker and golem for your caster/support/DPS. YOU DONT NEED THEM (if you use a decent build).

Quote:
Extra cooldown reduction will bring chill to the bone when you spam your blades and spell shields,
By this [point in teh game, no one cares about your Rylais BB anymore so its really just a graphic again. Perhaps you didnt realise but the snow effect on champions doesnt actually mean the player is afraid of you.

More importantly, while your wasting your time with BB, your fiddlesticks who could whipe the enemy team with his ult is staring at the golem buff you stole wishing he had it so he could end this game and play with a Sivir who knows what shes doing.

Quote:
even ryze will fail, really bad and die praying to escape your whirling terror.
How dumb are you? Spellshield lets you escape from Ryze, and you should take that chance. Why? Because your pitiful one nuke with a minor slow wont even be noticed by Ryze as he bursts you down in less time then it takes for your cooldowns to reset. If you were using a real Sivir build youd have a chalice and the extra MR combined with chalice would let you escape his gank attempt every time. If it doesnt go down like that your playing against super noobs and may as well be playing AP Tryndamere.

Quote:
And tanks will waste mana healing and running, because in team fights a few blades will decide the outcome.
They sure do, Ricochet blades that is, when you have the attack speed, armor pen and damage to support it. More often then not youll get one or two BB's off during a teamfight. They will ammount to, if your lucky, a couple thousand damage across the enemy team. Had you made a proper build you could have done a couple thousand damage to every member of the enemy team with ricochet and saved your BB to catch those runners.

Pro Tip: IGNORE THE TANKS. Wasting anything damaging them when you could be damaging something that can kill you is stupid. No one wil be wasting mana. Only noobs like you dont buy the mana regen they need to ensure they are effective.

Quote:
Aim for straight lines that will hit multiple enemies, always. Never just click hoping it will do damage. Aim, steady, kill! Now go back to base and hopefully you have lots of booty. A choice is before you, young Sivir player:
Yes you need to aim skill shots. Bravo.

Quote:
-Further enhance her in AP, making her blades the most fearsome thing any enemy has ever seen.
Im flabergasted at these comments you make. You obviously dont understand how LoL works. As the game goes on, Magic Damage becomes weaker and physical damage becomes stronger. You, for some reason are forgoing physical damage for magic damage, on a physical damage focused champion. The only thing you are accomplishing here is ensuring that no one fears you AT ALL.

Quote:
-Grab some items like Stark's Fervor to start bringing joy to your team
You should have been aiming for this from the start. Chalice, boots, starks. It is BY FAR the most effective item on Sivir and does rediculous things to your carry when hes also under OTH.

Quote:
-Play hybrid, like I do and I buy something that I have been flamed so much my balls burned. Buy... Innervating Locket!
There is a reason you get flamed for it you ultra noob. Its not a great item as it is and TERRIBLE on Sivir.

Quote:
Why Innervating Locket? Remember what I said, ricochet is useless until late game? Early game is over, now you start to level Ricochet.
Holy Crud your dumb. First off you obviously have no comprehension of how the game progresses. Secondly you have no concept of how good Ricochet is nor how to properly employ it. By mid game (level 11 chalice, boots starks) you should have a few points in ricochet so you can start pooring out mass AoE damage in teamfights and take down incomming creep waves at towers before your creeps move to engage them.

Quote:
AND Whenever you pay mana to activate ricochet, Innervating Locket starts up. You know what that means? Once you have ricochet, leave it on for FOREVER! It will replenish yours and every ally around's health by 50 and mana by 20 in 2 seconds, with 3 second cooldown. That makes your ricochet ability FREE while it hits every enemy when you throw your blade, and giving your allies a mini fountain. Cast On The Hunt, and it won't be a wonder you will win any team fight or push any tower. Works good with tanks, without tanks.
No, Innervating Locket DOES NOT PROC OFF OF RICOCHET. God **** noobs. Ricochet costs 6 mana per use, if you dont play like a noob and only put it on in the 2 situations you need it you can use it from mid game no problem and be 100 fold more effective. Let the support champ get this but to be honest, its probably not needed anyways.

Quote:
After this, its all up to you how you want to build her. Make her hybrid if you want, buy her Infinity Edge and contemplate with Zhonya's Ring to have balanced play. If you think you can do well with Mejai, do it. It might work, I never tried it. But maybe I will and tell you about it here.
Infinity edge is bad on Sivir. Sivir is the ONLY physical AoE damage dealer in the game. Ricochet bounces do not apply ANY effects nor can they crit nor do they work off of your initial hits crit damage (always calculated off of non crit damage). So, your getting 80 damage from it. Good job. You wasted your money. Best damage item on Sivir is Bloodthirster. Highest base damage and she can EASILY fill it with her ability to blow through creeps.

More AP is just more fail. Congradulations its now late game and with your rylais, sorc boots, zonyas AND meijas you get to do 400 damage to an enemy champion every 9 seconds and slow them by 15% for 1.5 seconds. Meanwhile real Sivirs are so **** deadly and give SUCH a boost to the team your enemies are doing everything in their power to neutralize her. You, I guarantee, would be ignored and laughed at.

You can skip telling us about meijas. We dont need to hear what you have to say about it as we know that it is bad and a waste of money. If you REALLY want a snowball item get leviathan or sword of the occult. Both are LEAGUES above mejais on Sivir.

Quote:
Summoner Spells
Last but not least, I always get Fortify and Teleport with Sivir. Teleport saved countless games where the enemy is pushing, you sneak back with teleport on an ally creep in some lane where nobody notices a rebellion starts, cast On The Hunt, leave Ricochet on and Boomerang Blade your way to the Inhibitor. Its fast, its fun and enemies will hate you while allies praise you.
Hey your not a complete idiot after all. Yes that is why you take teleport and how it works. Unfortuinately with your accompanying build, youll be useless. Use a real build and this strat REALLY pays off.

Quote:
Fortify by itself will give you extra time, save your towers and you can get kills by luring champions in, throw the blade, pump spell shield and activate fortify. Their most valuable ( mostly stun, snare, damage burst ) spell will fail and most likely they will die. You can also get Ghost instead of fortify. Nobody will catch you. Again. Ever. EVER!
Your using the best pusher/lane defender in the game and your taking fortify? Seriously? Guess I shouldnt be suprised after you recommending avarice quints.

Fort is a bad summoner skill. Doubly so on Sivir. Take rally for a further AoE buff, flash for escapeism or ghost for utility. Hell even exaust would be better then fort.

Quote:
So go ahead, try this out and remember, its a picnic. Clear your path and crack many skulls on the way, Sivir style. GG to you all, and best of luck.

p.s Spell Shield also blocks Karthus's Ultimate. Think about how much annoyance and vile anger you create in that poor fella?
I doubt anyone will try this guide. Its about as teribad as it gets. Please refrain from posting any more guides untill you understand how lol works at the very least. Id also recommend getting to know how your champions abilities work as well. You may come off as less of an idiot that way.

Slide

05-03-2010

I just had too.

Quote:
@Shalcker - I've played her long enough to say: Ricochet did activate Innervating Locket every 3 seconds. I wouldn't bother writing 2/3 of this guide if it didn't.
Obviously not. You really should not have written a guide. Not even the 1/3rd.

Quote:
But lets say it doesn't work now. Spamming Q will make enemies QQ anyways, still worthy item to make. I will have to test it again to see which abilities trigger it now.
Sure, lets stick to the way things actually work.

Yes Spamming Q makes enemies QQ, early game. Of course, you dont have the mana to do it early game. Already covered why no one will care about it late game.

BB, SS and OTH trigger it. Shortest coodown is BB. You dont even have the abilities or cooldowns required to keep it going every 3 seconds.

Quote:
@hightech - Its a game isn't it? I've played with high and low players, sure they are harder to trick with blades, innevitably they die or you die.
False and Id bet money on it. You have most certainly ONLY played with low players. Everything you mentioned in this guide shows how little you understand of LoL and I guarantee you that even mid tier players would laugh at you and your build.

I feel 100% safe in saying that with this build, its you who will die, not them.

Quote:
=] its good. I'm just writing a guide for what I play. Thanks for pointing out my guide's terrible :P
No, its REALLY REALLY REALLY bad. He pointed that out for a couple reasons:

1) you need to know its bad so you can improve.
2) Other people need to know its bad so they dont waste their time with this.
3) Other people also ned to know this is bad so they dont waste their team mates time with builds that just dont work.This is a team game, dont screw over your team mates please.

theskunk

05-03-2010

Tone down the rage there big fella.

Slide

05-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by theskunk View Post
Tone down the rage there big fella.
Cant, put too much effort into educating the community on how Sivir works and is played to have it potentially ruined by this garbage.

I also take great offense to posting invalid information, being told its invalid and just asserting that you are correct. Especially when its obvious your a new player. (not you, the OP RE: locket)

Dumspta

05-03-2010

Death Blade strat FTW!

Ralk

05-03-2010

Quickslide's rage is completely justified. I was utterly baffled after reading this "guide". It's just wrong on so many levels - it blows me away.

I mean, this guy has to be trolling, right?

Slide

05-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralk View Post
Quickslide's rage is completely justified. I was utterly baffled after reading this "guide". It's just wrong on so many levels - it blows me away.

I mean, this guy has to be trolling, right?
I checked his other posts before I responded as I always do.

No, he wasnt trolling, he was serious.

My response was justified.

Zagzax

05-03-2010

Thanks to Quickslide most players already know how to play Sivir.

This is worse than a T0ggle guide.

theskunk

05-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUICKSLIDE View Post
Cant, put too much effort into educating the community on how Sivir works and is played to have it potentially ruined by this garbage.

I also take great offense to posting invalid information, being told its invalid and just asserting that you are correct. Especially when its obvious your a new player. (not you, the OP RE: locket)
Well, I think you sunk his battleship, and then some.