Discussion: AP or AD Nidalee?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SabbathViper

04-19-2010

I've been playing with Nidalee for a couple games as AP Nidalee, and it really is very bursty. The javelins early game hit VERY hard, and she harasses great. I've gotten a lot of early game kills chucking spears over mountains or at fleeing heroes.. its humongous damage early game. That helps her take control of her lane, and keep the enemies in retreat mode.

With Guinsoos early, you can have 8 stack permanently by pouncing around every cooldown. That is +100 AP, and huge attack speed. And it's cheap as hell!

Also, with deathfire's grasp, you can nuke someone down 1/3, then takedown, and it does massive damage frontloaded.. good for team fights - you can leap in, deathfire, takedown, swipe.. and then back out and heal whoever you need to (since AP build heals so much and on a short cooldown).

Is there any good reason to really go AD?

Azghyn Nite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-19-2010

To me, not really. Lichbane gives much more AD with her spammable skills than most items as well doubling takedown's ap ratio.

Jbu

04-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabbathViper View Post
I've been playing with Nidalee for a couple games as AP Nidalee, and it really is very bursty. The javelins early game hit VERY hard, and she harasses great. I've gotten a lot of early game kills chucking spears over mountains or at fleeing heroes.. its humongous damage early game. That helps her take control of her lane, and keep the enemies in retreat mode.

With Guinsoos early, you can have 8 stack permanently by pouncing around every cooldown. That is +100 AP, and huge attack speed. And it's cheap as hell!

Also, with deathfire's grasp, you can nuke someone down 1/3, then takedown, and it does massive damage frontloaded.. good for team fights - you can leap in, deathfire, takedown, swipe.. and then back out and heal whoever you need to (since AP build heals so much and on a short cooldown).

Is there any good reason to really go AD?
The one top tier Nidalee player (HotShotGG) that I watch, always goes AD.

There used to be his videos on Solomid..but he had a falling out with Reginald, so they removed them.

is a link to one of his videos..he has over 350 wins with Nidalee..he is good.

SabbathViper

04-19-2010

This is a discussion, though - not a video review. Why do you think he does so well? What are the benefits that you feel come with AD vs AP, considering her abilities and their low cooldowns?

Jbu

04-19-2010

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=44658

this is a guide for nidalee, but if you read the entire thread, there is some great discussions from the OP and another about AD vs AP.

Polaritie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-19-2010

Someone ought to write a AP vs. AD guide.

Vijaya

04-19-2010

Learn to play both, then adjust to whatever the situation requires.