Thread abowt Tanks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Meryc

04-19-2010

Hi guys, I am new in LoL and I don't know much abowt it, that's why I would like to ask you some questions.I allways love to play tank ( WoW, Dota) so I want to ask you abowt some stuff abowt tanks in LoL.
1. Which hero is the best tank?
2. What kind of runes should I buy to be more tough and powerful as Tank?
3. Which are the better items to buy agains phisical heroes or mages?
4. Is there a tank that can handle a position as carry?
5. Which is more inportant Health and Healthregen or Armor and Majic rezistance?
Well...I think that's all I want to ask, thanks for every comment I think that will be very helpful for other guys too and GL HF!!!!!

Grist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-19-2010

Jax is a dodge tank. I think you will thouroughly enjoy him as he is very strong right now. If you want something more standard I would go with Taric or Rammus. Malphite can be a really fun tank as well as a perfect initiator. I see a lot of people having a lot of fun with Shen but he is expensive to buy.

SyeBlaze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meryc View Post
Hi guys, I am new in LoL and I don't know much abowt it, that's why I would like to ask you some questions.I allways love to play tank ( WoW, Dota) so I want to ask you abowt some stuff abowt tanks in LoL.
1. Which hero is the best tank?
2. What kind of runes should I buy to be more tough and powerful as Tank?
3. Which are the better items to buy agains phisical heroes or mages?
4. Is there a tank that can handle a position as carry?
5. Which is more inportant Health and Healthregen or Armor and Majic rezistance?
Well...I think that's all I want to ask, thanks for every comment I think that will be very helpful for other guys too and GL HF!!!!!
1. Alistar, Hands down. I still love my Mordekaiser, though. Singed also is unstoppable (carry tank anyone?)
2. Armor, Magic Resist, Health, Cooldown Reduction. Also, differs per character
3. Thornmail, Warden mail against physical. Force of Nature or Spirit Visage against mages. Also, differs per character.
4. Mordekaiser, Mundo, Singed, Gragas (if done right).
5. Depends on character. Mordekaiser, it's more important to stack health regen and damage reduction. On Alistar, it's good to get a balance of everything. On singed? Mana, AP, and health (Rod of Ages)

Also, people will say mundo. He's a decent tank, but much better in the role of Carry. Because he Goes Where He Pleases.

Also, post above this has good advice. Rammus, Shen, and Malphite are all "You are dealing with me NAO!" tanks, which make them powerful for the role. Also, Shen is a ninja, which is awesome.

Glorystain

04-19-2010

1.) There is no best tank. Mundo, Singed, Mordekaiser, Rammus, Alistair, and Shen are all excellent.

2.) HP quints and Dodge or HP seals are usually best for defense. Marks and Glyphs are usually used for other things, depending on the hero you're playing. But really it depends on the hero you're playing.

3.) again, totally dependent on the situation and who you're playing against. You should stay flexible here and build according to the flow of the game. I recommend you read some guides for your heros, as they will typically have more in depth item builds and reasons for them. That being said, a few items of note:

Force of Nature is the default 'big defense' item against magic.
Warmogs Armor is the default HP armor. Leviathan is great, too, if you can keep it charged.
Thornmail and Warden's Armor are both excellent against physical carries.
Frozen Heart is great on tanks that need a lot of mana.

4.) Any tank played well can carry. Depends more on your build and skill than anything else.

5.) Again, totally dependant. Typically HP regen is only really important for laning, later in the game you will get a lot more mileage out of HP and armor and magic resist.

Meryc

04-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyeBlaze View Post
1. Alistar, Hands down. I still love my Mordekaiser, though. Singed also is unstoppable (carry tank anyone?)
2. Armor, Magic Resist, Health, Cooldown Reduction. Also, differs per character
3. Thornmail, Warden mail against physical. Force of Nature or Spirit Visage against mages. Also, differs per character.
4. Mordekaiser, Mundo, Singed, Gragas (if done right).
5. Depends on character. Mordekaiser, it's more important to stack health regen and damage reduction. On Alistar, it's good to get a balance of everything. On singed? Mana, AP, and health (Rod of Ages)

Also, people will say mundo. He's a decent tank, but much better in the role of Carry. Because he Goes Where He Pleases.

Also, post above this has good advice. Rammus, Shen, and Malphite are all "You are dealing with me NAO!" tanks, which make them powerful for the role. Also, Shen is a ninja, which is awesome.
Yeah abowt Shen he is pretty good tank he is Ninja , can tount , can support well because of his ult, the only problem with him is that he is not tough like other Heroes like: Alistar who starts with Health 468 (+114 / per level) and Armor: 14.5 (+3.5 / per level). Shen only starts with Health: 428 (+85 / per level) and Armor: 18 (+4 / per level). But his armor is pretty high and need only Health whitch can be found buy making items for health. )

Bombad

04-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorystain View Post
1.) There is no best tank. Mundo, Singed, Mordekaiser, Rammus, Alistair, and Shen are all excellent.
Mundo is excellent as a damage dealer, he's not really a tank.

Ęzeal

04-19-2010

I noticed everyone ignored my favorite tank, Cho'Gath. He's huge and he hits like a truck, and gets huge amount of health. You can seriously win games for your team by picking Cho. He has a silence, a single target nuke (that can raise his max health), an aoe autoattack, a self-healing passive, and a knockup/slow skillshot nuke. Lots of fun to play.

SsapS

04-19-2010

Yeah not to mention that silence is an AOE cone silence. Baller. And easily gets the most health out of any of the other champions. With the right build he is invincible. But you gotta be good with his spikes for sures.

Azghyn Nite

04-19-2010

I love how you use wrong letters as if you are the koolest(like such) but dont.

Rammus is a better pushing tank, Mundo and Singed are less of tanks but more DPS, Alistar is support pushing tank.

Mundo, Singed, Poppy, And Jax can tank but can also carry, but can't do both at once

JustDavid

04-19-2010

1. Probably Alistar. This depends on the team composition though.

2. Marks = Armor or Magic pent (because they are so good).
Seals = hp / 5 or flat hp
Glyphs = Anything you want (personally prefer mp regen / 5 or flat MR)
Quints = flat hp

3. Really depends on the character. Sometimes you want defense + hp. Then sometimes you want MR + AP.

4. You are looking at off tanks like Mundo and Malphite. Decent tanks, but have a lots of damage backing them up.

5. A combination of health, defense, and magic resist is good.