Battle Janna build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CapnForc

04-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SsapS View Post
Okay whatever sheild adds a little dps . it doesnt scale with dps, and like capnforc said, put it on your carry dps.

Well before I get flamed for the tiny errors, I really don't have any idea if the damage buff is a % increase or a static increase.
It's static, which is why it's better for a dps who has a speed buff of some sort.

I've heard there's talk of making it scale with ap slightly, but I think at upper tiers that'd be OP.

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SsapS View Post
What skystream said, CDR is godly on her, as much as everyone flames the tornado, it can stun an ENTIRE TEAM if aimed correctly, plus her ulti to separate a group of people offensively and/or protect/heal teamates.
Howling Gale should be on fire.. how awesome would that be? Flaming Tornado...ooohhh, yeah.

Anyway, I can see why people would want to build her as AD. But I think she is better off with mainly AP. You have lots of CC, which can lend itself to a good DPS. But ultimately, Janna is very squishy. The only thing that keeps her from being super squishy is her shield, and not having AP means your shield is not going to block that much damage.

If I know I want to do a lot of physical damage, I generally go for Guinsoo's and Nashor. It gives extra AS and also AP, which is a good middle ground. I can't imagine myself going full DPS build with Janna though. I was one of the first who tried it (against all the flame not only that AD Janna was useless, but that ANY Janna was useless), and I gave up fairly quickly. It works, but you can be so much more with AP.

Priamos

04-19-2010

IMO Janna's abilities are more useful for their effects, not their damage. Howling Gale works best when fired as fast as possible, acting as a makeshift snare, because any mediocre opponent will see it charging up. So AP Janna's main source of damage is fairly unreliable, and I can't see her doing too well in a game, especially in Mid or High ELO.

I think that Support Janna with items like Soul Shroud is the best build, but you can't rely on that unless you're in a premade, so while solo-queueing, I'd definitely use AD Janna over AP. AD Janna is a great pubstomp build, and I've heard it does ok against better opponents.