laning as shaco

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

techvoodoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-19-2010

how do you lane as shaco? I get so gold starved every game because their range keeps me away from the minions.

Nilsolav

04-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by techvoodoo View Post
how do you lane as shaco? I get so gold starved every game because their range keeps me away from the minions.
Turn yourself in to Chuck Norris.

I have never played as shaco so I have good advice.

Kajitii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-19-2010

General advice: only the last hit matters if you're not pushing. Don't expose yourself more than you have to.

Unfortunately I've never really played as Shaco in srs games, so I can't help you any further.

CapnForc

04-19-2010

As Shaco, it seems that since he excels at hero killing, you should try to get a few last hits in when you can, but if there's ever a chance, of a gank, go get that.

All the good Shacos I see go run lane to lane and get fed.
One thing to do is sit in the bushes and make them used to not seeing you in the lane, so that they don't call mia when you poof and run away.

Itches

04-19-2010

Stick to bushes and pop out to last hit when you can. You can also use Two-Shiv Poison to either harass their ranged or last hit. Generally if you can harass enough with Two-Shiv poison then you have the opportunity to gank a character with your partner. If you can pull that off then the people you are laning against usually play a little more defensively and you can get more last hits. The Two-Shiv thing works especially well if you grab Golem buff at level 1. In TT, just do a lot of ganking if you can't lane.

RoflTroll

04-19-2010

Some o the things I do while laning as Shac:
-Get Philosopher's Stone asap for better staying power and gold(if you can manage it by 6-8 minutes, it's most likely will net you gold)
-If harassed by range enemies, get only 2-3 poison shiv and use it as last hitting tool when not near my tower, maxing out Deceive to preserve mana.
-If not harassed, max out shiv first and harass with it while last hitting.
-Don't be too aggressive, without item you're not that scary against competent players/CC(Exhaust is fairly common in my games), so just try to get the item so they'll be scared of you.
-Don't gank unless you're certain(or mostly certain) there'll be kill(s), failed gank = loss of exp on you.
-Your passive is awesome, make use of it as much as possible(especially on Deceive)

J Belern

04-19-2010

As shaco if you start with a dorans shield and health pot it gives you some survivability. As far as ranged champs go I generally just last hit when I know it is completely safe to until they push up to my tower, then when my tower clears the creep wave, as they are running back you can decieve, attack for the crit, and 2 shiv, afterwards you should GTFO as quick as possible, or pop exhaust and ignite as they are running and go for the kill.

after your little burst they should be damaged quite a bit, and a bit more wary, which will give you more leeway in the lane. The idea with shaco is that you kind of go with the flow of the fight until you see an opening, at which point you unload your burst dps and get the hell out. another thing you can do is once you hit 6 grab your ult and hide in the bush. If the enemy in your lane has been dominating, then you can use ur ult in a bush and use the illusion to charge the enemy. follow up the charge with decieve, at which point the enemy will generally go HOLY **** and start to run which is all the better for you.

Fr05tbite

04-19-2010

Don't Lane as Shaco. Jungle and Gank lanes from level 1.

Kymera3

04-20-2010

Shaco is good at killing enemy champs, casters have low hp and you have high dmg, deceive, backstab em and theres half there hp right there use exhaust ignite 1-2 more normal hit and hes dead, just play aggressive you need to scred youre enemy