PLZ HELP: Nasus On TT

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CyberMonkey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-19-2010

I've always found a trinity force+sunfires build to work wonders on Nasus. For TT, I add soul shroud, and MR items if they have a ton of magic damage.

Horkheimer

04-19-2010

On the ELO question:
Yeah, people can reasonably estimate it. You can figure out that you aren't low anymore based on the criteria mentioned.

If you aren't playing with the players in the periodic high ELO list, then you probably aren't high ELO.

So if you aren't either of those, you are mid-something.

On Nasus:

This is one of my favorite champs, and he isn't horrible on TT, but he doesn't really get a chance to shine either. The games just don't last long enough, and you pick him in part because he continues to improve in a long game. He starts getting good around Lvl 11...and plenty of TT games are well on their way to being decided by then.

I've actually tried to compensate by doing the opposite of the other poster's recommended build, and leveling SS early for the cooldown. Although if I did the math on that I would probably be less excited about it...

GuyGin

04-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horkheimer View Post
I've actually tried to compensate by doing the opposite of the other poster's recommended build, and leveling SS early for the cooldown. Although if I did the math on that I would probably be less excited about it...
IMO you have to level SS early. It's the only way to get it to even do reasonable damage mid-late game on TT (20-25 minutes about).

I can reliably get it up to +110 (55 minion kills), but it's not particularly fast. His most important skills on the map in my experience are his snare (amazing for isolating a single enemy) and SS to give him some burst damage.

SS is kind of lackluster now that I think about it though. To get to be as good as Poppy's Deve Blow you need 185 minion kills with it.

SS can crit, however and I'm assuming that only the base damage is doubled. does Sheen / Trinity take away its chance to crit??

Jravolta

04-19-2010

People can run away from Nasus's ultimate but that's why I get Exhaust/Ghost. Helps most characters a lot on TT.

FeLpZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horkheimer View Post
On the ELO question:
Yeah, people can reasonably estimate it. You can figure out that you aren't low anymore based on the criteria mentioned.

If you aren't playing with the players in the periodic high ELO list, then you probably aren't high ELO.

So if you aren't either of those, you are mid-something.
there isnt a recent ELO list so it would be impossible to know

BamSucka

04-19-2010

Honestly, by judging at the comments posted in this thread I'm not sure anyone here is "mid-high" ELO. Let's just drop the whole ELO thing from this topic (although I admit, I snickered a bit when I read the OPs statement about his ELO).

I feel that everyone here isn't really looking a the big picture, all these statements about ganking potential. While TT does aide in ganking, it isn't the end all be all.

What wins games? Pushing. The ability to push all the way to the Nexus and kill it.

Nasus is a GREAT pusher with Spirit Fire and eats turrets for breakfast, especially since Siphon Strike works on them. There's only two lanes in TT.....get where I'm going?

Nasus is tanky enough to survive most ganks and 3v3 fights while dishing out damage.

Nasus does have some ganking ability in that his slow (wither) is strong.

Nasus can disrupt a team battle by withering and popping his ult (yes they will run, but I guarantee at least 1/3 of the team is not getting away). After the disruption, the team can proceed to keep pushing.

csirus

04-20-2010

Thanks for al the help, sorry for starting an elo war, wasn' tryin to get at me being good, or bragging, just trying to give u an idea that im up against actuall compinant teams that know what there doing so people dont come in and suggest 5 bloodthirsters and boots and talk about how good 120% life steal is. Idk if I'm gonna stick with him, like some people said, i think there are better choices for this map, but I feel like he could be very good here. I haven't played him much though, hense me asking for help, so I'm not really one to talk about his ability here. I will give him a go though, see how I do. Once again thanks for the help.

BamSucka

04-20-2010

I also feel this way about Nasus on TT: He's like a swiss army knife.

While there's other heroes that do each individual thing better (sivir is a better pusher, alistar is a better tank, etc) he can pretty much fill in for any of those roles.

On a 3v3 that's helpful as there are less players to fill in roles.