PLZ HELP: Nasus On TT

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

csirus

04-19-2010

Hey hows it going? I was wondering if anyone was having luck with Nasus on TT. Im sure he has the potential to dominate on this map, just can't figure it out. I was hoping someone could share their item builds they were having sucess with.

P.S. - I'm Mid-high elo

TL/DR - What items work well with nasus on TT

roninsm

04-19-2010

Rushing triforce works pretty well. Get an aegis before it if you need a little tankiness.

Robronie

04-19-2010

I've tried him a few times but i can't say that much tbh..he isn't bad on TT though (although there are probably better choices)
Also i'm pretty sure you don't actually know where your elo is lol everyone says they're 'mid-high'

Anyway, trinity force is a must.
I used to get aegis before the nerf since it gave nasus some good overall survivability and a nice aura. After the nerf though i'm not sure since the aura isn't as powerful.
Since it's 3v3 nasus doesn't need to be as tanky as you would build him on 5v5. It all depends on the opponents though. After trinity force i would usually build up AD to get a stronger siphon strike (perhaps a bloodthirster for uber lifesteal) unless i'm having survivability problems.

YellowSnowsicle

04-19-2010

I don't see him being that great on TT. He doesn't bring as much to a gank as other heroes. He has a slow, a melee nuke, and an aoe armor reduction (if they stand in it). Given the mobile fights of TT, he can't really shine. In addition, if he pops his ult, most likely the opposing team will just run away until it ends.

GuyGin

04-19-2010

I've tried nasus a few times, so I'm no expert. I think I've won 3 or 4 and lost 1 with him. That seems good I guess but my stats in those games were fairly abysmal.

I was going to make a similar thread as I'm also probably mid-high Elo as I'm rarely teamed with bads. \

What I usually do:
Masteries as 0/9/21 - I find the Mana regen from utility to basically be necessary for me to support my skills.
I start with Doran's Shield and a health pot.
First trip back is a blue crystal / boots / whatever else I can buy (wards or pots).
Then it's Sheen.
after that I don't know what I really need to be getting. I think i've generally tried for trinity which has worked out to some degree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skystream92 View Post
I don't see him being that great on TT. He doesn't bring as much to a gank as other heroes. He has a slow, a melee nuke, and an aoe armor reduction (if they stand in it). Given the mobile fights of TT, he can't really shine. In addition, if he pops his ult, most likely the opposing team will just run away until it ends.
He has the best single target slow and a pretty potent nuke. Also, with his ult he's pretty hard to kill in a teamfight. If the team tries to run away, you snare and kill one of them. He's not bad on TT. I would say his biggest problem is the fact that getting Siphoning to do a reasonable amount of damage takes a lot of timing / skill on TT as there is a much shorter laning phase.

Jungle nasus might be an answer?

roninsm

04-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robronie View Post
I've tried him a few times but i can't say that much tbh..he isn't bad on TT though (although there are probably better choices)
Also i'm pretty you don't actually know where your elo is lol everyone says they're 'mid-high'

Anyway, trinity force is a must.
I used to get aegis before the nerf since it gave nasus some good overall survivability and a nice aura. After the nerf though i'm not sure since the aura isn't as powerful.
Since it's 3v3 nasus doesn't need to be as tanky as you would build him on 5v5. It all depends on the opponents though. After trinity force i would usually build up AD to get a stronger siphon strike (perhaps a bloodthirster for uber lifesteal) unless i'm having survivability problems.
lol. It's true.

GuyGin

04-19-2010

It's pretty easy to get an idea of the area you are playing at. At low Elo you get a lot of people who pick terrible comps, don't play well, and That gradually changes as your Elo increases. Once you stop playing with low levels, bads, and people who just routinely pick bad comps you can be pretty sure that you're at least NOT low Elo anymore ...

Greensamo

04-19-2010

Nasus is one of those champ's that look great on paper, but in TT, he's easily ignored. Cho'gath is the same way, prolly gonna get flamed for saying that, but hey. He has an aoe popup, thats easily dodged. He silences, and he doesn't die. So basically you have a guy that runs around silencing people... Awesome... Mean while, the two melee guys that don't even care if they're silenced cuz they just hit you for 300 dmg every second ate the other two ppl on your team, while silenced.

Nasus on the other hand, his aoe isn't as easily avoidable, but who team fights in a nasus aoe? Nasus ult, easily avoidable. ooh look, giant Nasus, gone.

To the post above me, that is probably more than likely untrue. Even if you're level 30, and everyone you play with is level 30, doesn't mean you're not LOW elo. Does anyone even know what Low/Med/High Elo ranges are? OH wait, you can't, because no one actually knows what their ELO is. Go figure. Just stop pretending to know where you are in the unknown range of elo.

GuyGin

04-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greensamo View Post
To the post above me, that is probably more than likely untrue. Even if you're level 30, and everyone you play with is level 30, doesn't mean you're not LOW elo. Does anyone even know what Low/Med/High Elo ranges are? OH wait, you can't, because no one actually knows what their ELO is. Go figure. Just stop pretending to know where you are in the unknown range of elo.
Do you have any idea what Elo is or how it works?

The majority of players will always be "mid" Elo in an Elo rating system, first off.
Second, if you have a significant amount amount of wins over losses, you can be pretty sure you are not low elo and are somewhere between mid-high. Other things like who you play with/ against are also evidence of where you are. This relies on an assumption that the MM system pairs you up with and against people of similar Elo, which it does, to my knowledge (As most of the Elo QQing comes from level differences not from 30v.30 games).

In general, any statement saying "I'm mid Elo" is probably true, because the vast majority of players will be mid Elo as Elo follows a normal distribution.

xahhfink6

04-19-2010

Ignoring the ELO Flamewar...

On TT, I find that it isnt worth trying to farm Q up to be a nuke by buying sheen/trinity force...

I got Doran's Shield, Emblem of Valor, Boots 1, Stark's Fervor, Boots of Swiftness, Infinity Edge

Take Soil first, then one of Q, then take ult>E>W>Q