Malphite question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RearPillager

04-19-2010

I find i like to face mage heavy teams with a solid tank build, Mallet, Banshees and things that will generaly make them more useless so i soak the damage and let my team clean them up. On the other hand if there are a few auto attackers in the team i like to counter dps (easily the most fun) and grab tabi, Thornmail, Phantom Dancer or something from a bf sword hit W and laugh as you do 70% (i think) extra damage and cleave the rest of that onto their nearby team. U can easily wipe a team like that if they are silly enough to stand close together

Matthius

04-19-2010

I main Malphite, my record with him is 46-24 from memory with 350ish 360ish to 600 and something.

My build is always start with a mana regen item, meki usually, this makes him an awesome harasser, fire shard off EVERY chance you get ranged heros will counter and maybe knock your shield down, melee hero's suck it up.

When I have enough I head back to town to finish Phili stone and grab boots, either mercs or tabi, but usually merc's. With your ulti you should always get a kill quickly, shard keeps most characters health at a middling level and with an ulti, stomp, shard, w combo and exhaust if needed they should drop like a sack of spuds.

Frozen heart, banshee's veil if needed, atmas impaler, frozen mallet, all good items for him.

sorry outta time :P

Matthius

04-19-2010

Ok got a bit more time now.

For me the key item for Malphite is Frozen heart, it just synergises with him so well. The mana for starters is key, as hes a mana *****, then you've got the armour to combine with slam as well as general tank, cooldown reduction for more slam/shard and ofc ulti and finally the slow attack speed aura, combine this with his slam and watch auto attack Ad'ers dps wither.

The next step is a bit more in the air for me, if they're veig/ryze/fiddles/annie etc heavy then it's a banshees, if theyre AD heavy then it's an Aegis. When it comes time to chase hp, it depends once again on yours and the opposing team, frozen mallet can be useful for harassing, combined with shard it stops people in their tracks. Soul shroud on paper looks to be awesome as a support tank but I'm not sure if the Aura stacks with Aegis(clarification?)

If your happy with your tank or youve got another semi tanky hero in your team(jax, dps sion, kayle etc) then you can chase dps, Atma's impaler is a sweet item and throw a last whisper on that to make sure your gonna hurt. Or if youve got a solid dps base in your team just keep turning yourself into a stone, the other team know, like pirate ulti in every team fight your gonna mess up their style at some point, it's all in the head.

As an added note, like Amumu/fiddles, Malphite/Fiddles is an epic combo, use wards and co-ordinate with fiddles for triple kill + fun. It's worth the lols when you have an exhaust, as does your fiddles, he channels a distance behind you whilst your pacing the other team you ulti in, he flashes to where you were and ultis in also, 2 exhausts, dark wind, fear and watch the team fight end before it began, push tower and laugh maniacally.