Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

My Experience with League of Legends

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NullValue

04-19-2010

What might be cool is a way to blacklist players so you won't get paired up with them again in Match Making. IE, you Ignore List them and that prevents futuring possible queuing with them (vs them is fine though!). Not sure how hard it would be to code it though.

It might also be interesting for statistical analysis to see which accounts get blacklisted the most, then possibly Riot could look more specifically into why those accounts do. Also, smurfing would get around getting blacklisted but blacklisting is a passive solution, so there wouldn't really be a reason to smurf due to being blacklisted (and you wouldn't know if you were blacklisted anyway).

GuyArcher

04-19-2010

I've seen numerous examples of bad sportsmanship but been lucky in that I've only had a single rage-feeder (all because he didn't get the champ he wanted...but didn't want to q-dodge either).

It's unfortunate because I rather enjoy the game. Ragers ruins it for others.

SsapS

04-19-2010

Agreed with this thread. But what can Riot do about it? Nothing really. What can we do about it. Nothing really.

There will always be poor sports in any online game environment. At higher ELO which I probably haven't even experienced I presume the ego's will just get more and more self-imposed that they are the ****.

But yeah pretty much preaching to the ....I don't know how to spell quire? holy **** i am ******ed wtf is that word

Yillin

04-19-2010

choir my friend... choir.

Dreamy Ray Flex

04-19-2010

Quote:
Sammm:
Part 1: Sportsmanship
Usually, I really enjoy playing lol, and don't care whether or not I win or lose as long as everyone on my team (and the other team) tries hard the whole time until we lose or surrender.

Typically, the latter half of that sentence is where the problems start. Generally games are good, but every once in a while you play with one of "those" people who plays the blame game the whole time and is generally a poor sport. Often this player stops trying at all after his surrender vote fails at the 25 minute mark.

Personally, when this happens and my mood sours, I think that people who quit trying and sit in the base telling everyone why the suck and that we need to surrender should be banned straight out. I have no love for bad sportsmanship. Obviously that’s a pretty harsh scenario, people have bad days, take the game more seriously than others, etc.

However, I do think there should be a system in place for rewarding players who try their hardest and are team players, while being able to monitor people who act similar to what I described above.

Without giving any specifics, I think some sort of Karmic reward system is in order. Something that allows players to rate other players on multiple categories from 1-5 (while obviously discarding votes from players who abuse the system). High and low scores over time could carry benefits. Of course, I’m a bit of an optimist when it comes to systems like this working.

In my opinion, everyone should give every game their best, and continue to play hard if a surrender vote fails, rather than making surrender a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Addendum: automatically deleting accounts with names like N1GGERHATER couldn't hurt either, since there is definitely a correlation between the problems described and the type of name.

Part 2: Leaves and Disconnects
After playing a game today where all 4 players on my team disconnected or "rage" quit (not that I blame player number 4 that much, after 3 people left before him), and having played several other games today with leavers, disconnects, and 5+ queues where someone left in champion select. I think riot needs to put serious consideration into how to deal with this problem. I for one was drawn to league of legends because of the high leave/dc rates of other games. When more than 50% of my games on average have a leaver or a disconnector on one team or the other, I start to get frustrated.

Leaving in champion select because your champion was taken seems to me to be completely unacceptable, and a leave on your record is not nearly enough. While I’ve played over 100 games without a single leave, I do understand the occasional leave because of an emergency, power outage, or what have you. However, when I see people with 20-50 leaves I begin to wonder why they are allowed to keep playing.

I think once your leave to game ratio (for a period of time, not overall) hits some magic number, you should start getting a several hour suspension per leave you have after that point.

Rage quitters and rage-feeders should be suspended for hours if not days. I know detecting this as the reason can be difficult, but it could be put to a vote by the players or something, but I might be an optimist in thinking that would work. Additionally, sometimes I feel like a ban system (your team only, for rage feeders and spammers) is in order, requiring a unanimous vote.

I know riot can't do too much about disconnecting, because it might be too harsh on people with poor connections and high ping. The first player in the 4-players-not-playing game mentioned above didn't connect after champion select or reconnect the whole game, which isn’t the first time I’ve seen that happen. Now I understand computer problems, but this wasn’t a new player with zero wins, and reconnecting is also possible.

In short, i dont really know what a good solution is, but the frequency of this ruining a game for me tells me that it needs to be changed.

you are a ******

04-20-2010

Quote:
TechYS:
Actually, leaves during champion select is called Queue dodging. Its not leaving. Leaving is leaving during game and doesn't connect back.

And, for your info, queue dodging only gets a 3 min temp ban to go into any game or something. It doesn't leave a trace on your record.

This makes me sad. I didnt realize thats all that happened. Doesnt seem like enough. Does it reset your IP boost from not quitting?

---

Also, i thought i would clarify that i'm only really concerned with repeat offenders, everything i said applies to dealing with them. Most people who leave during my matches aren't first, second .. .. or even tenth time leavers. I get the feeling all but the occasional player who trolls the other team or his team when it is doing bad does it regularly, not just when they're having that rare bad day or what not as well.

---

Quote:
Dreamy Ray Flex:
you are a ******

Thanks, i can see how sharing my thoughts on what can be considered annoying to everyone (leavers) and annoying to most people (poor sports) would make you say that.

---

Quote:
Concretar:
Oh, I think you've got the Leave mechanic a little wrong there. Leaving in champion selection isn't counted as a Leave - because this is the place to assess your team and see the people you're playing with. If you don't like them, I think you should be able to leave. Starting a game on the wrong foot isn't the start of 40 minutes of bliss.

Leaving because your champion was taken is something I've done once or twice - then again, I've also given up a few champs because other people wanted them. Sometimes I just really FEEL like playing someone, or I've changed my runes and masteries to fit that one character. All in all I think the time penalty on leaving champion select is enough.

Yeah i wasn't fully aware how leaving in champion select worked.
I feel champion select is part of the game (encourages getting good at more than one champion, choosing champions based on what your team chose, etc). Too many people leaving during champion select could easily affect matchmaking quality (which is something people complain about universally, to my understanding). As more types of games emerge, where champions select can work differently (some of dota's styles) i get the feeling the problem will get worse.

Unmay

04-20-2010

If we could save replays then we could provide proof of unsportsmanlike players, and then riot could take necessary steps against repeat offenders.