Support Champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Honz

09-05-2009

Sorry wasnt really too sure where to put this but as it talking bout strats im guessing here. Anywho been playing for a cupple of days now and after exploring some Champions I started using Janna and loved being a support character.

The problems I face at the moment are:

Sometimes theres so much happening on the screen with the shiney effects, 5 champions and creeps that its really hard to see whats happening. Is there ways to help cope with this or is this just practice?

I dont really know any of the other champions so is there any other important support champs I should give a look into to expand my playstyle in this role?

Any tips on working with other players? like what to watch out for, who to lane with, protecting yourself from ganks etc...

On a side note I cant seem to see Janna's ultimate do any damage to opposing heroes. It definately heals and I use it for that more then a nuke spell I'm not sure if its a bug or I am just blind.

Cheers

Vangu

09-05-2009

Her ult is not a nuke it is simply to throw everyone away from you. It does a little damage but not enough for it to be counted as a nuke imo.

Zilean is a great support champion

Honz

09-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vangu View Post
Her ult is not a nuke it is simply to throw everyone away from you. It does a little damage but not enough for it to be counted as a nuke imo.

Zilean is a great support champion
Oh my bad, must of just assumed it did DOT style damage aswell as the throwback. >.< feels stupid, thanks for clearing that up.

Vangu

09-05-2009

The green aura around her after the push is healing anyone in it...does nothing to the other team.

XIIÍ

09-05-2009

My main role is also usually support as well. These are some of the heroes I find pretty useful in the support department: Morgana (anti-magic with a nice skillshot snare), Taric (healing with pushing power as well as a stun), and Zilean (slow opponent or speed up ally, save ally from death, and a good nuke). I don't find Soraka all that great but she is good with an early pushing lineup.

Ayleid

09-05-2009

I tend to use Soraka as a Support/Tank. Slowly crawling away from the Recommended Items build and into the Defense items. Makes me love support even more. ;P

Quinnister

09-05-2009

I tried to use Janna as a ranged DPS character.
It wasn't that efficient but it sure was fun.

Swigmonkey

09-07-2009

Ayleid, any tips you can give on Soraka? I've been playing her, going for a mana regen/armor route, but overall she seems weak. Maybe its just the teams I've been on, but I'd prefer Alistar for his heals. To me both are about equal pushers.

Hiclic

09-07-2009

Soraka is currently useless to a large degree. Janna and Alistar can provide considerable spot healing, while also providing damage, control, laning, slowing, etc. Soraka is just a mana pot with a heal that works across the map, she needs a remake or a huge buff to her abilities (like starfall). As it stands you'll get more benefit out of a well played Zilean or Janna than a Soraka.

kevnwins

09-07-2009

Rofl soraka is not useless well not for me and my friend we are just unstoppable soraka + Alistar = Omfg wtf ...... with a good build ( talent tree ) and perfect rune !! well its my opinion and it work everytime . !