Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Jax Builds for TT?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

angusm

04-19-2010

I like to build, (if I'm with a good team and think I can get some kills),

Ninja Tabi
Sword of the Occult
Mejai's Soulstealer
Leviathon
Guinsoo's Rageblade
Bloodthirster

Things just sort of snowball after the first four, I often never make it to the last two.
Sword of the Occult and Mejai's Soulstealer take advantage of his passive to boost his health, and then Leviathon just adds to this. Rageblade takes advantage of his passive again, and Bloodthirster's just nice to have for the damage and lifesteal.

Hyfe

04-19-2010

If you take nothing else away from this thread, understand that your core should be:

Dorans item, possibly multiple
Ninja Tabi
Guinsoos Rageblade
Fortitude elixirs throughout

After that you can start picking and choosing based off of enemy composition and preference. Lots of good suggestions in this thread.

duvatwo

04-19-2010

Fortitude Potion + 3x Health Potions x 1x Mana Potion
Ninja Tabi
Guinsoo's Rageblade
Atmas Impaler
Bloodthirster

Don't question it. Half the time you won't even get to build Atmas by time it's over.

Hyfe

04-19-2010

Quote:
duvatwo:
Fortitude Potion + 3x Health Potions x 1x Mana Potion
Ninja Tabi
Guinsoo's Rageblade
Atmas Impaler
Bloodthirster

Don't question it. Half the time you won't even get to build Atmas by time it's over.

This is the build I use but starting with Dorans and red pot rather than elixir.

duvatwo

04-19-2010

Quote:
Hyfe:
This is the build I use but starting with Dorans and red pot rather than elixir.

Fortitude Potion allows you to get an early kill or two depending on how coordinated you and your teamates are. By time the game starts I usually already have my Ninja Tabi bought.

Malcolm Merlyn

04-19-2010

I either start out with the +10 damage weapon or doran's shield depending on the team.

Ninja Tabi
Vamp Sceptor
Guinsoo's
Phage
Atma's
Blood Thirster
Trinity Force

Although, I do like the Sword of the Occult, Mejai's Soulstealer build posted above. I will give it a try, thanks.

Hyfe

04-19-2010

Dorans blade by comparison is + 144 HP with his passive, plus lifesteal, plus you can still afford the 1 HP pot which is 200 HP regenerated that you can pop right when you take the first hit, so you are looking at 344 HP bonus at the start (plus the flat HP quints I run) with lifesteal and you can keep the blade for as long as you want.

Granted your fort pot + health pot gives you a bit more HP and if you're running with a very agressive well-coordinated team it might make all the difference.

I guess it's just preference. I'd say maybe in a good premade grab the fort but with a bunch of randoms you can't count on, grab a dorans to be safer. Maybe 2.

I typically grab a vamp scepter early too before the atmas. I'm undecided on the phage because I like to get max AD to benefit his passive and the lizard should usually be fed to Jax by his team.