Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Jax Builds for TT?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Churchy

Friend of Urf

04-19-2010

maladTERRIBLEITEM

although you could probly get away with it on jax, seeing as hes a ****ing ****** champ for mouthbreathers

SsapS

04-19-2010

Lol playing against jax for the majority, and recently buying him cause I thought he was cheap as ****.

It all comes down to not feeding him and playing carefully with map awareness and such. Any decent caster backed by a couple people who can take damage will shut jax down completely.

Anyways, I've had a lot of success with the following build:

Exhaust / Clairvoyance (again map awareness is key in TT)

Starting
Cloth armor red/blue pot.

1.)Ninja Tabai at 500 cash dolla (note I probably get this first becuase I have 10% dodge runes which 10 + 10 (e skill) +12 ninja tabai = 32% dodge for 500 gold)
2.)Guinsoos
3.)Depends on opponent comp. Heavy nuke probably banshee's. Fluffy characters and I go bloodthirst/black cleaver. Another jax/pantheon I go sword of divine.
4.)whatever
5.)whatever
6.)elixirs --> item

Nihil Sine Nefas

04-19-2010

Recently, I've been getting Leviathan after Rageblade and it's worked out great. After you build up a decent amount of stacks, a Red and Blue Elixir are usually enough to win the game.

SsapS

04-19-2010

I have played with Nihil Sine probably 3-4 games and he is a good Jax player so that being said, I would only recommend leviathan if your team is already facerolling, because if your exchanging deaths with the other team it can be a waste.

Greensamo

04-19-2010

If you're not getting a rageblade early, you're nerfing your Jax play.

Early defined as in your first 3 slots. Either rushed before boots, or directly after boots imo. Its that good on Jax.

SsapS

04-19-2010

Agreed it is kinda dumb how good it is tbh, what with all 8 stacks of rageblade + the 3 points in the ability power talent first tier in offensive tree. I think im at 100 ability power with 8 stacks of rageblade by the time i get it.

VanWendell

04-19-2010

I've been running a lot of numbers lately, and I think the correct buy is Attack Speed after Guinsoo. (not including Doran's and Tabi's first).

There is a fallacy going around that "attack speed is wasted on Jax". It's not.

Attack Speed is quite easily the best offensive stat for Jax. AD/Crit/AP all only increase his output by half of the stat increase, worse for AP. At level 18, with Guinsoo, Jax does about 450 Phys & 350 Magic, per 3 attack burst. Attack Speed increases DPS for both PHYS and MAGIC damage. Attack speed is also EASILY the cheapest offensive upgrade per point, it's underpriced.

Now, the CAVEAT here, is that Guinsoo + Ultimate takes you to 2.0 Attack speed, so you can only increase that number to 2.5 AS, before you gain Nothing from further attack speed. You need about 60% more Attack Speed to hit the cap.

I normally accomplish this with a recurve bow & Green elixir,

So my build order is:

Doran's Blade/Shield (shield if up against melee toons)
Ninja Tabi's
Guinsoo
Recurve Bow
Build Recurve Bow into: Wit's End or Stark's or Mandreds, depending on Opponent.
Defensive item.

ATMAS is great against a physical damage opposition, but it's actually pretty lack-luster otherwise...

Let's say you have 2500 health when you buy it, and the armor isn't relevant:
Atmas gives you:
18% crit
50 Attack Damage
200 Health

Wit's End + Ruby Crystal will give you: (approx same $$$ as Atmas)
40 attack speed %
42 Attack Damage (equivalent)
180 Health

Trust me: 40% AS is WAY STRONGER than 18 crit and 8 AD...

Anyway, don't forget about attack speed, it's Jax's best stat, and it's underpriced at the Store! Get near the Cap before you get Atmas or Brutalizer, or any other offensive items...

Cheers,

SsapS

04-19-2010

Yeah and to add to the above post, if you have nunu or warwick on your team you probably don't need to bother with getting to 2.5 just stay at 2.0 and warwicks will do the rest, and even building to 2.5 is probably wasteful and at that point your AP/AD scaling will work better then another .5 attacks per second

PimperX

04-19-2010

I've been playing a LOT of Jax recently, and I can tell you what really works for me.

1. Standard Boots + 2 Health Pots
2. Ninja Tabi
3. Guinsoo's Rageblade
4. Black Cleaver
5. Last Whisper
6. Void Staff
7. *Your Preference*

concretebuddha

04-19-2010

doran blade/shield
ninja tabi
rageblade
start on triforce: zeal if I need to move faster, phage if I need a slow, sheen if I need burst/mana