<Hilltop Guides> Teem the Woodland Hero

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sinasta

07-12-2011

In this guide I will be covering how to build, play, and dominate as a hybrid mid lane Teemo. Teemo has an amazing versatility that is largley over looked by a
lot of players, Teemo can be played with a number of builds such as AP,AD, Hybrid AD, and Hybrid AP. This guide focuses on Hybrid AD and Hybrid AP. For thouse summoners who don't know what a Hybrid AP and Hybrid AD means, here is a clear defenition.

Hybrid AP: A Hybrid champion build focusing mostly on AP during early or mid to late game.

Hybrid AD: A Hybrid champion focusing mostly on AD during early or mid to late game.

Lets first start out with the masteries I use:

• Marks: 9x Armor Pen runes this equals 15 Armor Pen
  • Seals: 9x Crit Dmg this equals 7 % Crit Dmg
  • Glyphs: 2x Crit dmg 1.1 % crit dmg
  • 7x attack speed runes 4.5% attack speed
  • Quintessences: 3x Crit dmg 8.1 % crit Dmg
Now for the Masteries:
    • Offense:
  • Deadliness: 3/3
  • Cripple: 1/1
  • Sorcery: 3/4
  • Alacrity: 4/4
  • Sunder: 3/3
  • Brute Force: 3/3
  • Lethality: 3/3
  • Havoc: 1/1
    • Utility:
  • Good Hands: 2/3
  • Perseverence: 3/3
  • Awareness: 4/4
Rune and Mastery Break Down:

The Runes and Masteries I have chosen are to supliment the items, which I will list later on in the guide. I would like to highlight the attack speed in both the masteries and the runes, which add up to 8.5 % + the flat amount teemo gradually recieves per level along with the items in which will be highlighted later on in the guide. This paired with Teemos passive will allow you to intimidate opposing champions. Now for the Crit Dmg portion of the runes and masteries, from the runes alone you have an automatic 8.1% crit dmg + the 10 % from the mastery page, this will all add up with Teemos Crit chance per level and an important item which will be listed later on in the guide. Lastly I want to stress the importance of Armor Penetration, With the 25 from the runes + 6 from masteries you will be settng yourself up for a great advantage against your laning opponent. The objective of this build is to allow teemo to build up enough attack speed paired with items which will increase his attack dmg and his ap dmg, which will help you as a player to over come opponents and increase your mobility to help you track down opponents or run from a disadvantaged situation.

Here are the items I have chosen for this build:
  • Doran's Blade
  • Bezerer's Greaves
  • Malady
  • Guinsoo's Rage Blade
  • Phantom Dancer
  • Blood Thirster
I will run you through my choice process for choosing these items. Doran' blade has amazig stats for a level 1 buy. It will give you a slight amount of health attack dmg as well as life steal. Bezerker greaves will allow you mobility as well as attack speed which will stack with what you already have from runes and masteries. Now we get to the important part of the item explanation. Malady is a great buy due to its ability to stack a debuff on your opponent 4x which decrease their magic resist and will help your poison darts tick for more dmg as well as your blinding dart. Guinsoo's rage blade does two things aside fro granting you + to dmg and + to AP flat damage it also grants you + 6 to Ap per stack (with a max 8 stacks) and also raises your attack speed by 4% per stack. This is a great item to pair with your Passive which will crate a stable incline in your attack speed while attacking enemies. Combined with Malady your poison darts and Blinding dart will do an absurd amount of spike dmg. Phantom Dancer is a great addition to your arsenal it gives Teemo + to Attack speed, Run peed and Crit chance. With the amount of shots being fired by teemo at this point you will be firing like a machne gun, your attacks will crit 35-45 % of the time depending on your level. Your attack speed will be close to cap which means you will be able to emerge victorious in your jungle and lane ganks as well as a 2v1 situation. I put Blood thirster as a an item due to what it will do for your attack dmg as well as survivability on top of its passive. Blood thirster's passive allows you to do more dmg (stack debuff) on the opposing champion the more you hit him. The core items thate are a must for this build are the top 5 items. Depending on how the game is going you can sub items going more into AP or into AD if played correctly this build will assure you a strategic advantage in the battle field.

Strategey for paying Teemo:

At level 1 I quickly buy dorans Blade and rush to middle lane just below their towers line of sight and allow my passive to do its work and to turn me invisible. My decition on which skill to obtain first ways heavily on which champion I will be facing. If it is a AP (Malz, Margona, Ryze. Kennen) I choose to use Poison dart, If I am going against an AD(Ashe, Miss Fortune, Cait and TF) I go with Blinding dart. At this point minions from both sides have met up in the middle of the battle field. I observe the items and spells that my oponennt has gotten before I make my move. 85% of the time your opponent does not know what summoner spells you have obtained because he never checks, giving you the advantage. Being invisible gives you the upperhand because it allows your opponent to have a false sense of confidence causing him to venture towards the first creep line ( the melle creeps are first line Mage creeps are second line). I start with using bilnd dart on my opponent, which does not allow him to damage me after a few seconds of allowing him to hit me along with the creeps I exhaust and a second later I ignite him. This gves him a false sense of commitment. Once you are committed to a fight you know you may die, you may stick around or you might get lucky and he will try to run and make it easier for yourself. Once you obtain first blood you will be inches away from dying. Move back a bit and focus on attacking enemy creeps, Remember you have Dorans Blade which gives you life steal. This will save your life. At this point you have either obtained first blood or your opponent is close to dying causing him to flee giving yourself the exp advantage( Masteries + to exp gain under utilitys). I tend to over stay the lane a bit and try to get to level four before I call back to base. I will go into detail on my skill choice per level below in the guide. Once I am back at base I usually tend to have around 950gold enough to buy bezrkers greaves. If I go into battle and try for another kill in mid lane by slowly picking off my opponent with blind dart and following up with a normal hit ( Your blind darts WILL NOT inflict poison damage, it is crucial to attack the enemy once more) after harassing a bit, ignite is usually up and I can use my speed boost and go in for an easy kill. At this point I start to look at top lane and bottom lane for ganking possibilities, always using my speed boost to initiate fights and starting with blind dart. If Exhaust is up I will exhaust the heavier dps target and focus on the weaker target giving us a higher chance at a double kill. At around level 7-8 I will go and farm our blue or their blue which will give me the upper hand in laying down mushrooms and also with my ability cool downs. I tend to put down mushrooms in areas I would run through if I was chasing a champion, You can also put mushrooms to the right or left of ramps to be used solely as wards. When I am level 10 I will put mushrooms in their blue's bush, one at the river ramp, and one on the path leading up from the wolfs to the bush. Ap teams love thier blue buff as well as ap tanks. I sit ontop of the mushroom in the bush and wait for the enemy to pass through to see there is no blue buff and I open with my combo allowing me a pretty safe and easy kill. If I have another mushroom I will rinse and repeat, My goal with teemo is to make the enemy scared of their jungle giving my team the upper hand to farm neutral creeps and to also have an advantage when assaulting from their jungle. While my team is engaged in team fights pushing a lane i.e 3 of my team vs 4-5 of their team in mid lane ect I push the nearest lane hoping they can distract the enemy long enough for me to take a tower. I insure my get away routes with mushrooms littered through out the lane following the lines the creep line takes. There are three reasons in doing so, 1. if an enemy champion is following me they will hit it 2. if the enemy is close enough to the creep wave they will trigger the mushroom slowing the enemy champion and lasty 3. stop creep waves from advancing too far from the enemies base giving us the upper hand at pushing lanes. During mid game I usually put mushrooms up and down the river and especially at Baron and Dragon being big vantage points for teams. I encourage my team to use my mushrooms to escape or to obtain kills. You will be suprised at how many kills you might get from a teammate running enemies into your mushrooms. Remember to see Teemos passive as a means to attack and also to out run enemies, this might take a little time to get the exact timing down but I guaranntee you it will save you from a lot of tricky situations.

Skill List:
  1. Blinding dart
  2. Poison dart
  3. Poison dart
  4. move quick
At this point you can decide which abilities you would like to obtain either blinding dart or poison dart. I choose poison dart 2>1 over blinding dart which allows me a lot of burst damage.

I Hope you have enjoyed the guide and I look forward to seeing a lot more Teemo players out there!

Sinasta

07-12-2011

Bump ^^

Sinasta

07-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinasta View Post
Bump ^^
bump

abuudabuu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-13-2011

You should space it out, especially in the strategy section. Large walls of text won't get you anywhere on this forum, sadly, except that one about the malzahar nerf.

Sinasta

07-13-2011

I agree with you, people lack depth who write guides and ideas on the forrums... what better way to change that then by writting a well written guide. the information is there tested with over 300 won games. thanks for the input!

Sinasta

08-02-2013

Bump

Madraac

08-02-2013

First of all... why Necro a 2 year old thread?

You have built a hybrid glass cannon, which is not anything great to be honest. However, you do have good ideas and thoughts about how to position yourself, create ambushes, and set your team up for favorable teamfights potentially, so kudos to you.

The big change I see is a need to potentially offer all three options: Hybrid, AP, and AD. Teemo scales off AP, but I understand why many play him as AD at times, or even Hybrid. It is proven that AP or AD is always better than Hybrid for sheer damage output, but Hybrid can offer utility when teams stack MR or Ar as the case may be.

Change up your build to show what you sell of the Doran's for. Also, Teemo works well with CDR, as you cannot depend on the blue buff only. As for the items, in a Hybrid build, Malady no longer exists, and instead is Nashor's. Nashor's is not a bad item, but is horrible for a Hybrid as it just does not provide enough burst in my opinion.

I realized too late you necro'd this so I am going to stop now....