Chat interface:

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Praetor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-03-2009

So yes, the interface to the chat system is MUCH better than before. With that said, Marduke had an AMAZING photoshop of a very streamlined interface and it seems, at least to me, to be the best idea of a chat interface I've seen thus far. I'll Include it here again just for review.

http://www.6thfr.org/Example.png

Lima Beans

Core Engineer

09-03-2009
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Actually our new chat interface was heavily inspired from Marduke's mock up and other suggestions from the community in that thread. You can see a lot of similarity in the friends list.

Im going to add a "maximize" button to the chatrooms for the next patch, and that should make it look even more similar.

JonTehKnight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-03-2009

I think the way they've done it is great, my only issue is the buttons and tabs at the bottom don't really feel like a part of the main window.

Fayd

Adjudicator

09-03-2009

They're a different "style"

The new chat stuff looks like it's made of plastics, while the older stuff looks like it's made of stone or steel.

Praetor

09-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima Beans View Post
Actually our new chat interface was heavily inspired from Marduke's mock up and other suggestions from the community in that thread. You can see a lot of similarity in the friends list.

Im going to add a "maximize" button to the chatrooms for the next patch, and that should make it look even more similar.

I'd like to say, great job on the new interface. Perhaps the maximize button will concrete the feel of the interface a bit better. Players can definitely tell you guys have taken a lot of inspiration from the suggestions in the game client itself.

Praetor

09-04-2009

The basic interface of chat/join/profile feels just out of place. This is not what I expected. It feels as if it were form a different generation of gaming, and not from the present or the future. Whatever you need to do, the original graphic re-suggested to you at least looks smooth (as in Blizzard smooth). Sometimes you need to look to your source material for inspiration. Thanks for the read.

Fatwa

09-04-2009

My one suggestion would be PvP.net client scaling, the chat windows and buddy lists take up a lot of real estate.

Edswor

09-05-2009

Yes, I like the new chat functionalities, but the "blue" interface doesn't integrate with the rest of the game. I would like to see more similar graphics similar to the other ones (like the image Praetor posted).

Adrenicide

09-06-2009

The one problem I'm finding with chat right now is statuses of a certain length are bigger than the actual buddy list can display and there's no other way to see the status of a player so there's a portion of people's statuses that goes completely unread at the moment. Being able to expand the buddy list window when it's undocked would be a nice and easy fix I assume.