Amumu: the undiscovered talent (and anti tank)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lehonightus

04-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schezuan the Summoner View Post
Because I can think of 10 other champions that can jungle earlier in TT than Amumu, and do a better job pushing towers and battling in team fights.

I get your point and i would agree that there are definitely stronger champs for this map but if your looking for a challenge, Amumu has the resources. Plus I would beg to differ that other champs can jungle earlier than Amumu. Maybe those champs can survive lizard or dragon at a level or two lower than Amumu but at what cost of time? Amumu can take down both lizard and dragon at a low level and at the same time in a very quick fashion. Amumu deals about 200+ damage to Dragon by level 10 and that's without his other skills and normal attack added in. This is helpful because you aren't left sitting at dragon while your teammates get ganked and then you get ganked as well.

I understand that Amumu doesn't truely compare to the best of the best champs but hes challenging and people don't know how to fight him very well. That's all.

Tantalis

04-19-2010

Ap isnt useful imo, Need atleast 1 sunfire 2 is recommended, then abys scept is a must. Btw his ult I have always said is the best game changing ult out of every champ.

Yellow Jester

04-19-2010

Based on my limited amumu skills I'd agree for the Sunfire Capes. You'd have to get stupid amounts of AP to make despair any better, bandage toss only needs 1 rank (how often do you need the extra damage or reduced cooldown on an initiation move?) Tantrum is an afterthought, and if you've got loads of sunfire capes and a Force of Nature, that meanst that A) you do a lot of dps (3 capes and despair that's probably about 2-300 damage per second in a big AoE) B) you are very tanky, hard to kill, and a threat, meaning C) people want you dead, therefore D) you can spam tantrum for huge damage.

200 or so armor and 150 or so magic resist on a character that does 300 damage/second to all in his presence, with an AoE stun? that's Amumu.

KeVoN xD

04-19-2010

Boots of choice (if more damage oriented go sorcerers) Chalice -> rylays ->sunfire

Enough mana to keep spawning despair, good mr, good armor

Then you can go for abysal, more sunfires, leviathan (this can be before rylays), ga

buts that the core

Kainos Echad

04-19-2010

I ran into a sunfire stacking Mummy the other night he was partnered with a sunfire stacking Mord, it was a massacre. They went every where together. Toss to initiate and Mord would follow him in. I still have nightmares.

Constantinus

04-19-2010

Sorry for my bad english...

Rush to ROA? which level u got that? i dunno how u got lot of money and survive if u doesnt spam and level TANTRUM... (usually i got merc's shoes, heart of gold, and sunfire at lvl 10-12)

Bjorn

04-19-2010

I feel like rylai's should be taken after the sunfire/abyssal. Its more of a utility purchase, whereas sunfire/abyssal jack up your damage to a threatening level. I think the rylai's slow is harder to notice for most people than their health bar dropping, giving less incentive to attack you. That being said, after sunfire/abyssal, rylai's all the way.

peyo

04-20-2010

RYLAI, RYLAI, RYLAI!!!

It's a MUST for Amumu!

9n0sXYAWEQ

04-20-2010

Don't! Simply don't play this hero. He is useless. Utterly useless. If you have ever lost playing against Amumu it's because you suck. He is good at nothing. He does no damage at all, there is no reason why anyone ever should attack him, therefore he is also a bad tank.

The only good thing about despair is the animation. It's what your team is doing when they see that they have Amumu on their team.

roninsm

04-20-2010

When you stack sunfires your ult is on something like a 2 minute cooldown. Very useful. Get a frozen heart people.