Game Crashes during Load

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reifnir

07-20-2011

been happening to me since this morning, havent been able to play since, really sucks

WhattayaBrian

Engineer

07-20-2011
20 of 23 Riot Posts

Sorry guys, I was busy due to the EU Split that happened yesterday. I swear I haven't forgotten about you, but I'm trying to research what the problem might be.

This error seems to happen to a small percentage of our users every patch, and it's patch-dependent. What this means is that in all likelihood you'll be playing again after the next patch, but then a new small group of people will be affected by this. I'm working with some other people to try and figure out what the root cause is, because that just sucks.

Koren Silver

07-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhattayaBrian View Post
Sorry guys, I was busy due to the EU Split that happened yesterday. I swear I haven't forgotten about you, but I'm trying to research what the problem might be.

This error seems to happen to a small percentage of our users every patch, and it's patch-dependent. What this means is that in all likelihood you'll be playing again after the next patch, but then a new small group of people will be affected by this. I'm working with some other people to try and figure out what the root cause is, because that just sucks.
Let me open by saying whoever -1'd brians post is a ******.

Thanks for your constant support on this issue so far brian i know you guys have a lot of stuff going on. this game has grown super popular super quick and you are all constantly working to make it easy to use, look better, and adding more and more content. i have the uptmost respect for the difficult job you guys on the tech side have.

I will wait for now until the new patch and hope that my problem fixes itself. and i know in the mean time you guys at riot (wherever possible) will be looking into the root of this problem so that other users wont have to go through all this.

anyway thanks for the support so far and i will keep checking this thread to see if theres any progress on this bug.

Black Lister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2011

I have the probelm every once in a while. I'll get to either 97 or 100% and then my computer screen locks up. I can't do anything, but i can still hear whats going on in the game background. I end up having to restart and miss the first 4-5 levels of the game.

WillDaSnail

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2011

Bumping this to keep this thread alive.

Grim Symphonic

07-21-2011

Won't be able to play till next patch O_O what.

I already know the answer to this, but if we sent in the blugsplat can we get some form of compensation?

Grim Symphonic

07-21-2011

bump

LogicalRuin

07-21-2011

I hate to complicate your research/work load right now but after going through and looking at these other guy's logs it seems mine are somewhat different. I'm not super code-savvy but after looking at mine I think it has something to do with my client getting into a loop waiting for the server. I haven't tried getting into custom games like some of these other guys and I haven't tried in bulk (I only tried about six times before I came here cause I don't want to get a bunch of quits)

The logs I have look almost exactly the same as the one I attached below. I have already completely uninstalled and then reinstalled the client once and I have repaired it a couple of times. I never had any issues before the patch. At first I thought the issue was on my end with my security program's firewall and/or application control but it isn't blocking the anything related to the game. And it isn't my overall connection because the game works without issue on another computer in my home (both are connected via ethernet cord though I don't see how that would matter)

The reason I post here is because the effect is the same or at least similar; the patcher seems to work fine and all and I can go through the steps of getting into a game right up until the character selection ends and it begins to transfer to the load screen but that's as far as I can get. It goes to a black screen but nothing loads not even the character portraits. If I go into the Task Manager it tells me that the game has stopped responding.

Thanks for any help and suggestions you all have. I appreciate it.

LogicalRuin

07-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Symphonic View Post
I already know the answer to this, but if we sent in the blugsplat can we get some form of compensation?
eh...I'm gonna say probably not.

Yackul

07-21-2011

I'm a very new LoL player.. in fact, I've never been able to succesfully play a game. I've done everything I can, running it as admin, disabling Peer to Peer, disabling my Firewall, full reinstall, full repair, changing every setting imaginable, and nothing.

I usually get to Champion Select, pick my character and spells and get to the load screen. I load up anywhere from 40% to 100% before the game crashes. Twice I was able to actually get into a game, where I could do nothing. Clicking didn't move my character, spells didn't work, etc etc, until I got a disconnect message asking me to reconnect. Clicking this pops up the reconnect screen again very rapidally. I really want to play a lot, so I'll do anything to fix this problem, please help!