@Morello/Xypherous: Can we get an update on the stealth remake please?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Butts

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-09-2011

This sounds absolutely amazing and thanks for all your work... I actually have 2 concerns though.

1. The heal Evelynn gets is (to me) from kills/assists is an extremely important part of her kit. I think taking it away kind of takes away the predator kind of feel that she has at the moment.

2. Other than getting in slightly closer than you would be able to with a non-stealth champion what other benefits will this rework have to the actual stealthers? Will their ganking potential still be significantly stronger than that of a regular champion? I understand that this is still very much in the testing stages but if you could give me some more insight into how their ganking will work I'd be even more ecstatic than I already am at this rework.

Thanks so much... and I really do hope you read this

II Loki II

08-09-2011

I'm currently reading through what you have already answered so if my question was asked just ignore it. I was just wondering if one of your team mates can see Twitch will you also be able to see Twitch if you're looking at your team mate or is it only the person close enough will be able to see. Like how fog of war works.

7alon

08-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by II Loki II View Post
I'm currently reading through what you have already answered so if my question was asked just ignore it. I was just wondering if one of your team mates can see Twitch will you also be able to see Twitch if you're looking at your team mate or is it only the person close enough will be able to see. Like how fog of war works.
Everybody on the other team will be able to see him.

OrcrO

08-09-2011

Talk about a lack of creativity on riots part.

So you're only stealth when nobody is around to see you? Wait this sounds familiar....
If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?
I realize that the range of visibility is slightly less when your dealing with stealth characters but come on. Just one enemy with an oracle is enough to cause a headache, now it's like everyone has one.

I'm a little lost on why stealth is in place at all if this is the planned rework. Riot says that this will make scouting a higher priority for stealth characters. How can you scout if everyone can see you. I scout for the enemy, not minions, creeps and dragons.

I've seen countless recommendations on ways to re-work the issues with stealth and riots solution has got to be one of the worst.

The best solution to date is this one.... Stealth abilities are linked to a stealth timer/gauge. That timer/gauge runs out more rapidly when in the presence of an enemy player. The closer you are to the enemy the quicker your stealth runs out. This would allow for effective scouting, remove the need for gap closers, force stealth characters to make quick decisions, and keep re-balancing/altering of stealth characters at a minimum.

I'm curious... has this option been tried? If so what are the downsides?

AvariaDemon

08-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
As usual, feel free to ask questions for a little bit as I stick around. I don't know all the details of the full remake (as Live better understands that new environment). Sorry for the delay, but with Orianna/Champion pipeline and such, this has been somewhat of a lower priority for me.
i'd like to start off by saying this sounds like a great idea, perma stealth did kinda need a bit of a rework, as of now i actually do still play eve and find her very fun, however the rework will mess with that, mainly because no longer can i be a porta-ward and initiating on people will take a bit more skill

my biggest concern with this, however, is the range of these "short ranged oracles" that everyone basically will have now. personally i dont think that oracles should be removed because of this stealth thing in fact it might just be a good idea to keep them in but make it so the "short ranged oracles" have fairly short range. in other words you have to be pretty close to someone for them to spot you. this sounds bad but honestly by doing that it still stops eve's and twitch's from being a porta ward, because if your say standing in a bush and eve walks up to check you get first strike on her. she can no longer check the bushes but it still gives a reason to get oracles

if oracles goes away then it takes away from an entirely different aspect of the game. for instance what about teemo shrooms? wards? situational stealth characters like akali? i just dont think completly getting rid of them is that great of an idea.

the other thing that concerns me is eve in general, personally i would not mind seeing her get a remake. i love her to death, but as i like to play her ad i have two main problems, one q becomes completly useless, and two that passive is so MEH! not to mention the fact that with the stealth update eve kinda loses her escape mechanism, all they have to do is fallow you and your screwed.

right now im both looking forward to and dreding the release of this update, until then i suppose i should just enjoy my eve they way she is and see if i can get the hang of the new eve. hopefully you can find a great compramise that dosnt completly ruin this aspect of the game but still makes it so its not so broken

Butts

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2011

Oracles could pick up "Stealth" and Evelynn's and Twitch's stealths could be renamed "Invisibility". This would keep oracles useful in ward hunting and countering Shaco, Akali etc whilst getting rid of the somewhat painful interaction that Oracles would have with the new stealth system. Vision wards would also need to be changed to see "invisibility" too.

Pythonhier

08-13-2011

There is a problem with this. What if eve or twitch decided to solo push a lane? there is no possible way to counter them unless you somehow predict the enemies exact footing so they cross your path when escaping. This can break the game easily cause all Twitch or Eve would have to do is step back, look like they are running, and chill in a bush. When the enemy leaves, go back and take a turret. Then easily escaping with a different tactic. I'm sorry but I don't think infinite stealth would be a good idea, I think a remake on oracles would be better, or just make the stealth of these characters shorter. That's it, why not just make it easy on everyone while keeping a good balance, and make the stealth shorter. If Shaco can work well off his short stealth (without the jump). Then they shouldn't be much different, especially Evelynn with her huge speed bonus from her repetitive ultimate.

UncleFourFinger

08-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Evelynn now has Champion prioritizing Lurker Spines.
Kiss me.

DmitriDeLaCroix

08-15-2011

Any "SoonTM" update on this Xypherous? Will it be at least before dominion?

Hotarukin

08-16-2011

A minor question I have as to the 'vision range' of characters. Will sight granting abilities also see stealth? More specifically, will Orianna's ball count as a champion? Because that would be an awesome play/counterplay option!