@Morello/Xypherous: Can we get an update on the stealth remake please?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SC22Raptor

07-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilvado View Post
A few months ago Xypherous posted up a huge description of different things he'd tried, and talked about where the stealth remake was sitting now. Since then its been totally quiet, although we've been teased with that classic 'Soon' a few times . I'd love if you guys could give a short preview of what it's going to be. I've been dying to know since it was announced.
They are just going to waste every bodies time. why fix two ****ing champions when the rest of the game is bugged and ****ed?

obviously, riot doesnt give a ****. this is just a "large project" that they're pretending to work on to keep taking people's money.
it's a waste of time because riot is a bunch of worthless 12 year olds playing in the tub with their daddies **** in their mouth.
**** you, riot.

DuffTime

07-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredzach View Post
I liked the stealth mechanic used with Lanaya Templar Assassin from Dota, which is you can stealth but moving while stealthed breaks it. It would be neat if an eve or twitch would stay invis if they are standing still no matter what the range the enemy is. Then you can position and wait like a spider to strike.
This is known as Teemo.

Wulfy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-14-2011

Great, sounds like a twitch nerf. Awesome. He "totally needs it." [/sarcasm]

Syrinxian

07-14-2011

with this new gameplay mechanic in mind, what are the chances of adding another stat to the heros, invis sight radius? Some have bigger ones other have smaller ones?

Also, could this usher in a new character concept that excels at countering invis?

DuffTime

07-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Fally View Post
the removal of the oracle will bring probably an item with an active to have "truesight", that wont be lost upon death. plz dont do that. that would screw akali (because she can only be at such a small area invisible) and remove the last of the ninja from beeing viable. you killed my poor little kennen before through removing zhonyas ring. let me keep my akali!
o_O Kennen is still good.

Viktoree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-14-2011

Don't break Twitch, K Thx!

DuffTime

07-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyFrog19 View Post
I have a question; What about pushing other lanes? It would just look like normal minion waves clashing on the minimap until you actually go and take a look at it.

They stated attacking reveals you for 2 secs or something.

DuffTime

07-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiberiusAudley View Post
Twitch could really do for a passive portion on Debilitating Poison, where there is a passive slow (like what you've done to Gangplank's Grog) based on the number of poison stacks... And then an active portion that not only doubles the strength of the slow temporarily (from a possible 24 or something to 48 or something), but also doubles the speed in which the poison stacks accumulate on new targets (two stacks per attack).

It would allow him to expunge mid-Spray and Pray and still manage to get fresh poison stacks to let his true damage finish an opponent off.
Interesting, but I doubt Twitch is going to be spray and praying at all by the end of this rework ;p

I think he's going to be a pot shot champ.

TurtleFrappe

07-14-2011

I would still like to here some more specifics about how this is going to effect twitch, maybe xypherous could return to shed some light? I just feel like this won't offer anything to twitch's gameplay. I absolutely understand the idea of raising the skill intensity of stealth as a mechanic, no aspect of a game should be handed to you on a silver platter. But I feel like even though it will balance out eve's stun more, it won't balance twitch it will be a nerf unless there is some reworking done. Like I said earlier, he has a range of 500, that isn't much. On top of the fact that his abilities are reliant on stacking autoattacks to be fully effective, this only shows how crucial proper positioning is for Twitch. Now, in order to establish said position without getting killed in 3 seconds twitch needs to scout and be able to set himself up where he can catch an enemy with enough time to stack enough attacks. This positioning requires him to get in fairly close-quarters with the enemy ( not melee range mind you) due to the fact that he has such a short attack range. Twitch's early game laning phase it absolutely reliant on not being seen, otherwise once he was in range the enemy ranged carry would hit him twice and he'd be backing due to the fact that he is so squishy, and he would offer no return because he has no range to match any other ad carries. This auto vision would cripple his laning phase as he stands right now, especially in high level gameplay. He is just as easy to counter as he is to play right now. Most players should know that he is stealthed, so you get a fairly early oracle (you dont even need it too early due to his early game squishyness) and take advantage of the fact that he dies in 3 hits. And late game, what would Twitch offer late game with this stealth rework if he doesn't change? The best contribution he adds to late game is his scouting of the enemy team's position, which even that is countered by an oracle or a smartly placed vision ward. And he requires positioning in a teamfight, otherwise he is melted very fast, and if everyone can see him how is he supposed to position himself?
I just feel that since there are already effective ways to counter him, why give everyone autodetection so that they don't even have to think about items in order to beat him. I'm not saying that this stealth rework is a horrible plague upon the game at all, I think it could add some very interesting and more tactical gameplay, but I would just like to hear more about what changes you are going to make to Twitch so that he can actually draw some benefit from this change rather than just be a champion who I never use because he fails in comparison to what he used to be (including post-nerf). I'm just hungry for knowledge about one of the most fun champs I've ever played. So Xypherous, could you shed some more light on this for me? I know you've already discussed alot about this topic and I'm glad that you brought it up to the community, but I want to know what's gonna become of this fun little rat.

Narvuntien

07-14-2011

They are redoing Eve and Twitchs ability kits.

I believe there will be active components to their stealths for starters since they are now perma stealthed.
Twitch will be at the very least be getting another ability or some more free stats.

This remaking of abilities is what we are waiting for... and it will take serveal patches... whille the stealth mechainic change is already done.
They are still working on how they are going to change Twitch and Eve to fit the new mechainic

Personally I like it, It makes playing a stealth champion like playing MGS... where you actually have to be stealthy...

It also gives the person playing against it a chance to react to the presence of a stealth champion.