@Morello/Xypherous: Can we get an update on the stealth remake please?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BestScytherNA

07-12-2011

Flippin AWESOME.

Watch the noobs start QQing about Twitch and Eve being OP the second this goes live. Finally truly cloaked enemies.

And Eve is essentially a Dark Templar/Lurker mix eh? Nasty.

XBlackGuy

07-12-2011

the amount of red posts in this thread makes me incredibly happy.

Thanorodd

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0bi Wan Kenobi View Post
@Xypherous/Reds Not sure if you're still keeping up with this thread but just thought I'd chime in with a quick reply.

Maybe remove Oracles Elixir and add some sort of counter ward item that has to be used strategically.. like a ward that can see stealthed wards but doesn't give Fog of War vision and probably should not have a super long duration.. with the stealth rework you could just remake pink wards into a "counter ward" beacon of some kind.
That's what they'd become, even with no changes made whatsoever.

The ability to counter map vision should not come cheaper than the map vision itself.

Chronikz

07-12-2011

goodbye twitch...

RikezOr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-12-2011

Xyph is serious buisness
+1

Thanorodd

07-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volmic View Post
I'm sure this has been asked already, but didn't want to dredge through 28 pages, how will this effect the other stealth characters/items? Is this "oracles" only relevant to twitch/eve, or will teemo and shaco both be effected as well as boxes/shrooms? I'm assuming they wouldn't because then the same would apply to wards as well.

tl;dr What about Teemo?
Read all of Xyph's first post before you reply, god****.

PixelPoet

07-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chyp View Post
I'm surprised that you, as a company that often talks about everything having "counter play", would consider removing another team's wards a detrimental to the game. In removing oracles do you not completely remove the counter play to warding? I could see claiming that warding in itself costs players, but honestly with supports needing so little as items go mass warding for these characters isn't considered costly.

Basically: If ward sweeping is detrimental, then how do you propose countering warding? If we can't remove others' vision via wards why even have the fog of war? Not being able to destroy wards will allow teams with good support players to have vision of every key point in the map for basically the entire game.

Edit:
Also, do you intend for every Baron/Dragon to come down to either having their entire team dead or "who is the better smiter" since we will not be able to remove the other team's vision?
I think they would still allow for the Vision Ward to view other wards, therefore making it more advantageous to use the more expensive ward to ward key areas, so that you can remove the wards that might be there.

I think many of the reasons you gave are also why they aren't 100% certain if they are taking away oracles... some people on the team do see the merits to having a counter to warding, I think they feel it needs to not be so easy/rewarding to only the winning team.

Chyp

07-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanorodd View Post
It adds a decision point between pink and green wards, and increases the usefulness of pink wards beyond just Dragon and Baron (and even then they're not always necessary currently).

You forgot pink wards existed, didn't you? The problem is counterplaying wards is way too easy and comes at no cost currently.

Additionally, the current system promotes snowballing, because once a team has map control, they're extremely likely to keep it due to Oracle's being safe and their wards still being up. Snowballing is something they're trying to minimize. Removing Oracle's kills two birds with one stone.
I did not forgot pink wards existed, actually, more ignored them as I don't consider constantly trading pink wards an improvement upon oracles and wardsweeping. Are we going to be expected to pink ward baron, dragon, the key points on their side of the map, and the key points on our own?

Zzphantom

07-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
"Wriggles" for supports?
Yes. Please.

Belonging

07-12-2011

With twitch and eve being perma stealthed will clairvoyance then be able to reveal them if they're in range of it? or will it only be the enemy champion being able to see them in they're in range?