@Morello/Xypherous: Can we get an update on the stealth remake please?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maathhhh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrevk View Post
Doesn't this kind of just make Teemo better than Twitch/Eve automatically? He goes invisible for as long as he isn't attacking, moves into the perfect position, then kicks off his attack.
Teemo's invisibility breaks when you move.

RobertFreeman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Blah Blah Awesome **** Blah Blah
This is epic. Stealth is still "I don't know quite where you are," but no longer "I have no idea what the hell is going on, unless I do, in which case, I know exactly what is going on, and stealth is not a thing." Quasi-stealth was the way to go, and it sounds like you got that down pretty well.

BadgerDrool

07-12-2011

Sounds like a K.I.S.S. conclusion to me. I bet there was a lot to learn from all the failed implementations Xepherous...

Right now I'm more curious about where ward sweeping is going to go. Maybe wards could be changed to revealed but untargetable if you get close? Then have a revealing dust or similar short duration reveal item to allow you to actually target them? Sort of a "I know they see me now, but they know I'm here too"...

NeoScout

07-12-2011

make stealth like in starcraft maybe? you know that the champions is there, but can't target it

Dreadlord Ouch

07-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Hm. Okay, well, I suppose it's been a while since I've given an update so I'll chime in on this a little:
Lotsa good info here.
This is the kind of post and community relation that actually makes me think there's still not only hope, but good things ahead in the area of communication. Congratulations good sir, not for the content of your post, but for the motivation behind it, to inform the community and give us a small insight into the efforts behind the scenes.

Kudos Riot, and do take notice, whenever one of you guys or gals steps out from behind the wall of silence, to give us information, I shall continue to cheer you on, even if it is information I am not pleased about. I do not have to like the information itself (love the info in this case) to applaud you for reaching out to us and keeping us informed.

CheeseBurguer

07-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenglue View Post
If your doing that to eve, you better give her some big ass buffs cause she has to get into that eye range
They are giving her a rework/buff to her

Shurelia and Xyph explained in this thread

DagonTreant

07-12-2011

Question: this gem above their heads, will they be able to use that to detect enemy champions that are not visible? Via brush or a wall?
Much in the same way Tryndamere can use his mocking shout to tell if enemies are nearby, will eve and twitch be able to do the same thing?

Ex: There is a group hiding in a bush, eve runs that direction, but stops because she realizes her gem turned yellow and there are enemies in the bush.

cloakuncloak

07-12-2011

a question, followed by a suggestion:

will damage over time effects and/or aoe bring twitch/eve out of stealth for a second or so?

if so, a possible solution to the oracles elixir is a multi purpose potion that grants you an immolation style debuff casting aura, which dots anyone who hits you for 3 ticks/6 seconds or so.

this would not only solve the oracles issue, but add a slight amount of utility vs any other champ who happens to be teamed with a stealther.

of course, such a powerful potion might have to be more expensive than the oracles elixir was previously....

Bolshoi

07-12-2011

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not a huge fan of making even and twitch perma-stealthed. I personally prefer the idea of tactical stealth. IMO, they should have to choose when to use it for maximum effect.

Perma stealth just takes the choice factor out of the skill. I like where you're going and your logic is sound, but having more than one perma-stealthed character ruins the originality of the concept.

PixelPoet

07-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DagonTreant View Post
Question: this gem above their heads, will they be able to use that to detect enemy champions that are not visible? Via brush or a wall?
Much in the same way Tryndamere can use his mocking shout to tell if enemies are nearby, will eve and twitch be able to do the same thing?

Ex: There is a group hiding in a bush, eve runs that direction, but stops because she realizes her gem turned yellow and there are enemies in the bush.
The Gems are above the enemy's head, so that you can see which enemies can see you or are about to see you. As stated earlier in the thread, you will only be able to see an enemy's gem if you can see the enemy, so if they are in the brush, you won't know that they are there nor see their gem.