TT 3s Comp

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SsapS

04-19-2010

Yeah but like has been stated earlier in the thread, just because there is a Jax doesn't mean its game over as I have had a lot of people qq about before the game has even started. Hes mediocre at best, and can only deal out so much damage if your not attacking him.

I typically play Jax/warwick (i kno 2 lame ass characters). I love when theres a mundo.

Originally played as scion, with warwick/kennen. However I think kennen pretty much blows completely, have never had a problem killing him and never had an exceptionally good kennen.

Probably the top teams i've been against are Mundo/jax/fiddle tbh. If you focus fiddle he drops fast but stays alive and deals damage by life draining someone that the other 2 champions already have u guys dead. Plus his ulti is ****ing ownage because there are 2 less champions to focus him down. If fiddle just gets AP+HP items he can do insane amount of damage. Ryze is also good, again HP+AP items for any casters, I also run into a lot of casters with leviathans because its cheap.

Greensamo

04-19-2010

IMO, it's more about how you play together than what champ's you're playing. My buddies and I love TT when there's 3 of us on because we pretty much know that we're going to win 80%+ of the time. We just know how we work and what we're thinking. Its pretty funny to watch us in team fights. We kite away with almost no hp, only to reinitiate on a running champion who's 3/4 and kill him. Once you guys get to know the game and how eachother plays, it'll be alot smoother for you. Find someone you like and who is decent-good on TT, (There are quite a few) and just practice.

PackMan97

04-19-2010

I find on TT there are two keys to winning.

1. Two of the three need to be able to Jungle, Jungle, Jungle! If you can't run into the jungle for some quick XP, gc and buffs, you are going to lose. The jungle will help you out level, out equip your team! Pick strong junglers such as Jax, Morde, Warwick, etc.

2. You need to have guys with hard stuns. Sion, Warwick, Annie, even Jax, etc. Anyone that can stop/stun someone works great.

So, look at the lists you can have in 1 and 2 and pick the ones that can deal out the most damage.

SsapS

04-19-2010

Definately played some games where the other team didn't jungle at all except maybe the occasional lizard buff because of its respawn time and still faceroll I think comp/cc/communication is 80% of what makes the game. I'm not sure what ELO im at but usually the first thing discussed entering the game is who we will focus fire. Sometimes I feel like the game is decided upon that first skirmish in the bushes before minions in a lot of cases. But I have had/seen some pretty ridiculous comebacks thats for sure.

Turtling at your base until you get a tripple kill late game then pushing all the way to inhib has won me many games.

Twin Bauers

04-19-2010

take 3 smites, profit

MittenTroll

04-19-2010

Friends and I are 9/10 using kennen, jax, warwick/shen. Working well

SsapS

04-19-2010

Yeah and to clarify im not saying jungling isn't worth it, the majority of the games I play controlling the buffs and map awareness play a huge role in the outcome. Down to math, and i'm not completely sure about the respawn times. But lets say Dragon is up every 5 minutes and lizard is up every 2.5 minutes.

Average game time (for me at least) is 20-30 minutes. dragon 150 x 4/6 600/900 gold , lizard 50 x 8/12 400/600 gold not to mention the 100 gold for the lizard kill, thats 1000/1500 gold to your team which is half an item. Then not to mention the ghost/hound buffs that are 75 gold each plus 30x2 for the surrounding minions to the jungler/carry is a huge amount of money.

So yeah jungling can play a huge role as well.

Greensamo

04-19-2010

Regardless of your team's comp, altho some are a hinderance, without proper communication/skill with selected champ, its going to turn out the same way. Especially in premade queue. I've seem time and time again our random champ choices, like teemo/nid/shen, or teemo/shaco/kennen absolutely dominate cookie cutter premade teams like taric/ww/jax and ww/jax/sion etc. Its more about framiliarity with eachother and the champ you're playing.

Of course, if you're at epic level of ELO, you might have trouble with random comps. Hard stun's don't always win the game. Its about how you play together. If you initiate a 2v2 as your lane partner decides to go buy... obviously thats not ending well. etc. Only by practicing together can you get a feel for your friends playstyle and know what/when they're going to do something. How quickly are they going to notice that WW that just ran past your mid sight ward? When are they going to flee rather then fight? Whos buying wards when? Are they going to immediately come down from top lane to help a 3v2 team fight, or are theygoing to expect you to run? Is that 2v3 team fight kiting back to turret, or to you running down from top? soo much that goes on in split second decisions that only comes from knowing your teammates.