TT 3s Comp

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

McRofls

04-18-2010

What do you guys do as a basis for 3s composition? My friends and I seem to get rolled a lot, and we aren't really sure what we do wrong. Also, how do some people seem to do nothing but gank, yet they still level quickly? Are there enough jungle mobs in TT to effectively get experience off of?

Nylzxz

04-18-2010

Well what heroes do you guys typically use? Also, if there are just 2 of you you need to alive to what the other person is getting.

As per ganking and leveling, if they are successfully killing you the time you spend waiting to revive is free xp time for them. Also, you get decent xp from kills of course.

Control of the jungle is pretty vital in TT, not just for the gold and the pretty essential lizard buff, but the middle of the map is the control centre for the lanes.

In general, dps style tanks seem to do really well on TT. Nasus, mundo, mord. Make sure you have decent cc, its more crutial than ever with smaller teams.

Thistlemin

04-18-2010

DPS Tanks with survivability tend to rule on TT from what I've seen. The reason for this is that they mesh well with the map, can stay out for a long time, can control the buffs (lizard & dragon) when roaming together, form kind of like a "brute squad" to bully the map.

Jax is OP on this map. I'd suggest one of you use him. Also they can push/topple towers faster than mages like Ryze after an Ace is scored.

McRofls

04-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nylzxz View Post
Well what heroes do you guys typically use? Also, if there are just 2 of you you need to alive to what the other person is getting.

As per ganking and leveling, if they are successfully killing you the time you spend waiting to revive is free xp time for them. Also, you get decent xp from kills of course.

Control of the jungle is pretty vital in TT, not just for the gold and the pretty essential lizard buff, but the middle of the map is the control centre for the lanes.

In general, dps style tanks seem to do really well on TT. Nasus, mundo, mord. Make sure you have decent cc, its more crutial than ever with smaller teams.

We have tried many team combos, but I think we haven't really been working together that well.

I've been thinking that maybe Taric and Sion (2 second stuns on both, tanky) would be great together, then have a nuker like possibly Ryze come along.

I think we focus too much on Lane Farming for TT. From what I have been reading, we really need to rock out some Wards in the Jungle so that we can tell where the enemy team is, and just keep control of that as much as possible. So would it be good to have one guy in each lane, and then a third in the Jungle that can swap back and forth for gankage? Or is it more essential to have everyone grouped together most of the time?

Yeorwned

04-18-2010

Ryze is insane on TT. Jax is medicore but still easy to counter if you have a brain. The Sions/Mundos/etc definately do have a huge hand when it comes to map control and error recovery, where error recovery is not instant death from making a mistake like you tend to see TFs and such do. You need to pick three and roll with it and not change it up every single game then you can decide on other comps after you have a strategy.

Thistlemin

04-18-2010

Jax is the best champ for TT IMO. Ryze is still a glass cannon who falls fast to focused melee dps.

Be Nice Eric

04-18-2010

I guess if your looking for just a general description of the general strategy, I'd suggest at least 1 tank, 1 tanky phys dps, 1 tanky magic dps. All with some form of CC and esapability. Although there are specific comps that can synergize better for certain playstyles.

Most OP Characters currently : Mundo, Jax, Shaco, Udyr, Kassadin, Ryze, Zilean... much more.

I go into more strat detail on my youtube channel... feel free to take a look.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Checkm8Gaming

xahhfink6

04-19-2010

Most OP comp i've run:
Jax - 2-3 Doran's Blade, Ginsoo's, Atma's Etc
Nasus - Starks + Aegis then IE
Corki - Dorans shield, Dorans Ring + Blackcleaver

Basically, Blackcleaver = -60 Armor, Gattling Gun = -50 Armor, Nasus Soil = -40 Armor, Starks = -20 Armor...

They could be all stacking armor and will still be put into negative and let the already OP Jax carry even harder.

Nylzxz

04-19-2010

Quote:
We have tried many team combos, but I think we haven't really been working together that well.

I've been thinking that maybe Taric and Sion (2 second stuns on both, tanky) would be great together, then have a nuker like possibly Ryze come along.

I think we focus too much on Lane Farming for TT. From what I have been reading, we really need to rock out some Wards in the Jungle so that we can tell where the enemy team is, and just keep control of that as much as possible. So would it be good to have one guy in each lane, and then a third in the Jungle that can swap back and forth for gankage? Or is it more essential to have everyone grouped together most of the time?
Taric/sion/ryze is a decent combo. Def a workable squad. Some aoe heal, nice disables etc. You'll be a little weak for fast jungle creep kills until mid game, but that is managable.

You don't need to have one person just hang out in the jungle, they'll lose too much xp and get jumped prob. A couple wards help a lot. I typically still end up 1 top 2 bottom a lot of games. But, early game make sure to T hug or be close to each other b/c the early game gank is really popular. I usually just push to mid and no further unless I see the bot lane smashed to their tower or I have a hero with amble escape mechanisms.

In general lane farming is nice, but you just need to be really alert to where heroes are at all times.

FeLpZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-19-2010

jax/mundo + ap of your choice.. ryze or annie or any other nuker = win