Shaco Help.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

yamers

04-18-2010

I am really wanting to learn to play Shaco, but he's really tough.

If you guys could give me any basic tips and build orders that would be very helpful!

currently i'm level 16, and im having to go against lvl 30s. I don't know why, but I seem to get RAN over non stop, and when i try to dish out damage it seems like im not doing squat to them.

Sassinak

04-18-2010

im using dmg shaco. i was killing all A speed/AP shacos...ofc depend how fed we were.

i have almost full master points for DMG. rune book 42% critical dmg.

skills thaat im using:
stealth mostly!! its giving dmg "q" skill
then slow "e" and ofc ulti everytime when u can take it 6/11/16 as i remember.

about items im using:
first boots for A speed
second Last Whisper bow
Infinity edge
occult sword<stack item
then...doesnt metter already u are over power u can use this big sword with life steal +70 dmg
then axe 75 dmg

oh and always try to hit enemy back, more dmg. my record 37/1/4 they surrender;/

Priamos

04-18-2010

I play AD Shaco. I usually play this basic build.

Doran's Blade / Shield + 1 Health Potion
Mercury's Treads / Boots of Swiftness
Infinity's Edge
Bloodthirster / Last Whisper
Last Whisper / Bloodthirster

By the way, Shaco is really a hit-or-miss character in his nature, so don't be ashamed at all if you have some really terrible games with him. You won't go godlike every single time, though you should get a few.

Kymera3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-20-2010

If you whant to play shaco the way hes meant to be played you need to run lane to lane and gank from lvl 1 to lvl 18. Heres my build i've crit a 2.2k with a 30% dmg crit rune page.
-Brutalizer
-boots of mobility
-last whisper
-bloodthurster
-infinity edge
-bloodthurster
I used to get sword of the occult but this is why i dont take it. It cost more than before, the dmg that stacks as been reduced and the crit dmg that used to stack has been taking away. So you pay more for less, and since you just started to plys with him you wont be able to stack it so its useless to me.

Deceive is youre best friend ! Spam it, backstab ppl you will do massive dmg and scare the sh*t out of them. exhaust + ignite helps you get an easy first kill.
Use youre ult to mess with peoples head, and boxes to see people in bushes and saved my ass many times when its time to gtfo.

UnclexTxBag

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-20-2010

I play AD also.

Get sapphire crystal as first item with hp pots.

I usually creep the golem right when it spawns (with the mana buff right away). Just place 5 jack in the boxes slightly out of the range of the dragons. Hit the golem with autoattack and run to your jitbs. Should kill the golem right away. Don't worry about the dragons - waste of health.

Then go to your lane. This allows you to spam jitb like crazy and do some farming/lane dominating. While I have the buff, I'll use shiv to harrass and last hit minions. Once you farm enough money, get sheen and boots. Start ganking like a mofo.

I usually have my first point in jitb, then i get shiv, then max all points into decieve/ult.

To Gank:
1. Use the brush to get as close to opponent with out them knowing you're there. (really easy to do on TT if they're alone, also pretty easy during laning phase of SR)
2. Decieve - this will activate sheen (bonus damage), also make sure you're behind them (+25% dmg, i think), then the bonus from decieve = a lot of damage, plus this slows him with shiv passive (never do shiv first, the shiv passive doesnt work during cooldown)
3. Then shiv and clean up
*Use ulti when necessary (tough opponent or multi opponents but you believe you can still get a good kill)
**You can use jitb as traps - e.g. make an opponent running towards the brush run back into you.
***Try to hit from behind if possible - use your passive! (It's nasty)

AD needs to get a decent amount of kills to be effective late game. So if you improve early to mid game, you can do pretty well. In later team fight, wait for the fight to start then target the carry or weakest ally (never initiate, you can easily pick off stragglers but be careful).

Use the money you get from farming to get AD. If i'm doing good ill get infinity edge right away (this makes decieve really nasty). If im not doing so good ill go for a cheaper item like brutalizer. You want to focus primarily on attack damage (you need some attack speed but its not that important, cdr can help - getting decieve up quicker is a life saver)

Shaco can dominant in low elo games (scores like 25-1-0), he gets a lot harder as the elo rises (at least for me, he's not my main).

iisoloii

04-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymera3 View Post
If you whant to play shaco the way hes meant to be played you need to run lane to lane and gank from lvl 1 to lvl 18. Heres my build i've crit a 2.2k with a 30% dmg crit rune page.
-Brutalizer
-boots of mobility
-last whisper
-bloodthurster
-infinity edge
-bloodthurster
I used to get sword of the occult but this is why i dont take it. It cost more than before, the dmg that stacks as been reduced and the crit dmg that used to stack has been taking away. So you pay more for less, and since you just started to plys with him you wont be able to stack it so its useless to me.

Deceive is youre best friend ! Spam it, backstab ppl you will do massive dmg and scare the sh*t out of them. exhaust + ignite helps you get an easy first kill.
Use youre ult to mess with peoples head, and boxes to see people in bushes and saved my ass many times when its time to gtfo.
This is the best build, normaly what i do is buy a red pot and 2 health along with 2 mana regens, the red pot at level one will let you almoust one shot a champion, I always go to gank middle at level 1 then move to gank another lane, also the best summoner spells is exhaust with w/e you like, My runes are all amoure pen. By the time you get last whisper you will be dont some insane dmg, also dont be fraid to buy some red pots in between some levels after getting last whisper makes a huge difference.

Kymera3

04-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by iisoloii View Post
This is the best build, normaly what i do is buy a red pot and 2 health along with 2 mana regens, the red pot at level one will let you almoust one shot a champion, I always go to gank middle at level 1 then move to gank another lane, also the best summoner spells is exhaust with w/e you like, My runes are all amoure pen. By the time you get last whisper you will be dont some insane dmg, also dont be fraid to buy some red pots in between some levels after getting last whisper makes a huge difference.
I wonder if a full armor pen rune page is better than a full crit rune page with deceive, I have a full crit or im getting there but at lvl 1 i wonder wich is best.

Necrosys

04-20-2010

Shaco can solo golem with JiTB, takes 5. You can do that at level 1. Care though, a good team will gank you.

With shaco the key is ganking not so much farming. Hes a melee dps. Any ranged char will out farm you.

Identify all the squishies and own them.

If I'm diong well early Ill graba a Sword of Occult. If not eithe a brutalizer or rush IE. I personally like Bloodthirster alot. Depends on the enemy team though. A shaco with Madreds is amazing b/c of the hallucinate. So you can also destory tanks.

Boots of mobility are a must. Really just learn to gank with him more and your items wont matter in the least.